ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #1
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Name: Eva

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Angry I'm having a bad day!

I dropped my bike this morning right in front of where I work. We park under a highway, and there's a curb like a sidewalk. There was a bunch of traffic coming and I took the curb at a bad angle and laid her down on the left side. I turned the engine off right away and picked her up. Some stuff leaked out, which I think might have been oil, and I smelled a little bit of gasoline. At first the bike wouldn't start but after almost freaking out, I realized that I had the kickstand out the entire time!!! LOL That was very funny.

The bike started right up and I felt so relieved and very stupid for approaching a curb like that. This is something they taught me NOT to do in driving school. Anyway, mistakes happen and I did not see any damage... but I decided to stop by the dealer anyway. They checked it out and said everything was okay. As I was leaving I saw a guy try to pull out while a car was coming and dump his bike right in front of the dealership. He probably didn't see the car and grabbed the front break. That actually happened to me once only I was backing up. This must have been SOOOO embarrassing for him. Especially because it was super busy at the dealership and he just dumped his bike in front of everybody.

Seeing that made me feel a whole lot better about dropping my bike. At least I know that I am not the only idiot eating pavement today! LMFAO

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #2
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

The curb that kicked my butt. See how it sticks out? WTF was I thinking???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 464456_3692221421238_1146338183_33747057_1672597963_o.jpg (44.4 KB, 16 views)

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

My baby after the drop. Still nice and shiny

I can't believe I thought about removing the sliders. That was the best investment ever. Those things are never coming off!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 469646_3692228341411_1146338183_33747073_1190200320_o.jpg (79.4 KB, 22 views)

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Glad you're okay and so is your bike. Could always be worse as you saw!

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #5
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
Glad you're okay and so is your bike. Could always be worse as you saw!
Yup, could be worse and more embarrassing.

Thanks, I did notice a small bruise on my right leg. Not sure how that happened since I tipped over to the left. I was not wearing my gloves but I didn't scrape my hands. It was a rather slow drop. I just got a little dirty.

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #6
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Yeah, sliders are a great investment in protecting your plastics. I wished I had them all the times I dropped my bike.

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #7
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
Yeah, sliders are a great investment in protecting your plastics. I wished I had them all the times I dropped my bike.
I agree. Just a few weeks ago I thought I didn't need them anymore. I considered removing them soon. I would have banged up my bike pretty bad on that sidewalk. The guy who went down did not have sliders, he looked very upset about dropping his bike.

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #8
DevinWolfe
Which pedal is the gas?

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE

Sucks about the drop sorry man. I still don't have sliders on my bike as I anticipate my first "incident" on the Ninja to be an at-speed mishap and I don't believe they would help much in that case.

My first and only drop (semi-crash) I learned dont use the brakes when making a U-turn in gravel... scratch that... dont make a U-turn in gravel... scratch that, just avoid gravel.

Some lessons are learned the hard way.
DevinWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #9
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinWolfe View Post
Sucks about the drop sorry man. I still don't have sliders on my bike as I anticipate my first "incident" on the Ninja to be an at-speed mishap and I don't believe they would help much in that case.

My first and only drop (semi-crash) I learned dont use the brakes when making a U-turn in gravel... scratch that... dont make a U-turn in gravel... scratch that, just avoid gravel.

Some lessons are learned the hard way.

Its all good, and actually I am a wo-man. LOL

My only drop (besides this one) was backing up on an uneven surface. I had just bought the bike and it was little too high for me. I was backing up to park and lost my balance. Grabbing the front break didn't help.

I got used to the height and now I wear shoes that give me better footing... unfortunately gravity is still a bitch!

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I went into the daylight today for the first time in 2 weeks, coulda been worse!
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #11
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I went into the daylight today for the first time in 2 weeks, coulda been worse!
Yes, it could have. I just had a crappy morning. But seeing somebody bust their ass made me feel better.

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #12
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
As long as you can say "Thank god I'm not as ****ed up as Jiggles" then it aint so bad haha
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #13
DevinWolfe
Which pedal is the gas?

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE

Haha, sorry, I would normally be cognizant enough to pick up on that. Long day, and the night is young.

Still, sucks about the drop, that always sucks. Glad you at least got to witness someone one-up you in public.|

I'm still trying to convince my wife to throw a leg over eithe rof my bikes but she won't even ride 2-up, so I figure it's a lost cause. I really don't want to pressure her into doing something that I truly know isn't "safe."
DevinWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #14
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

What exactly are those things sticking out of your fairing? are those the sliders everyone is talking about?
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #15
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
As long as you can say "Thank god I'm not as ****ed up as Jiggles" then it aint so bad haha
LOL, Yea I guess so

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinWolfe View Post
Haha, sorry, I would normally be cognizant enough to pick up on that. Long day, and the night is young.

Still, sucks about the drop, that always sucks. Glad you at least got to witness someone one-up you in public.|

I'm still trying to convince my wife to throw a leg over eithe rof my bikes but she won't even ride 2-up, so I figure it's a lost cause. I really don't want to pressure her into doing something that I truly know isn't "safe."
Sorry to hear that. The 250 is not that hard for a woman to handle. But if she is not comfortable with motorcycles, there is not much you can do to convince her to ride. Maybe if she met more female riders, she would have more confidence to try it.

Or maybe motorcycling is just not for her... most of my female friends wont even sit on my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
What exactly are those things sticking out of your fairing? are those the sliders everyone is talking about?
Yes, those are my frame sliders.