ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1
kittyslasher
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

issues starting bike in the morning

So I have a question. Every morning for the past 3 days when I try to start my bike the thing will not turn over unless I open my gas cap first afterwards fires right up. I figured its ventilation problem so I tried blowing some compressed air down the vent hole (right side left is for fuel) and had no success it only does it in the morning. I park my bike go to work for 8 hours get off and it fires right up. Only work thats been done recently is clutch cable installed. Once running she works just fine which makes me wonder if it really is vent issues. If so what can I do to fix the vent
kittyslasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #2
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

There are a couple of things you can do.
Read these;
http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Tank_whistling
http://www.ninja250forum.com/index.p...09.0;msg=27547
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #3
kittyslasher
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Everythings cleaned man and my bike use to whistle which I knew was good but no longer does. Thats why I figures vent was plugged but I blew compressed air down and nothing worked

Old July 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #4
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyslasher View Post
Everythings cleaned man and my bike use to whistle which I knew was good but no longer does. Thats why I figures vent was plugged but I blew compressed air down and nothing worked

It may take more than blowing compressed air into a vent hole. If you read the second link, I had to completely take mine apart (see the second link), enlarge the vent holes slightly, remove the rubber diaphragm and one way valves, clean them and re-lube the tumbler assembly. check the mod being done in both links. If the cap is not venting, there is a clog somewhere. I found little white crystals on the (2) one way valves and brown gunk on the larger rubber diaphragm. After I did that, not a problem since. You can mod & clean it, replace it or continue to have issues. Your choice.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #5
kittyslasher
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
It may take more than blowing compressed air into a vent hole. If you read the second link, I had to completely take mine apart (see the second link), enlarge the vent holes slightly, remove the rubber diaphragm and one way valves, clean them and re-lube the tumbler assembly. check the mod being done in both links. If the cap is not venting, there is a clog somewhere. I found little white crystals on the (2) one way valves and brown gunk on the larger rubber diaphragm. After I did that, not a problem since. You can mod & clean it, replace it or continue to have issues. Your choice.
Ahhh. Alright thanks man