ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Need a ride to the track in October?

I don't plan on racing this month so I'll be doing a few trackdays in October (preferably weekends) so if you need a ride to the track and live in LA/OC we can carpool to the track--split gas costs.

You don't need a tie-down, ramp, or anything. I have everything you need. Chairs, gas jug, cooler (igloo), canopy, tools, rear stands (no spools needed), etc.

All you need is your bike and gear. If you don't have a 1 pc suit I can supply that as well provided you're anywhere from 5'5"-5'7". I have gloves, boots, & extra helmet.

If you crash, man rules apply if you crash but depending on the extent of the damage we can work something out. But let's not talking about crashing. It's all about fun!

So, if you haven't been to the track this is a great opportunity.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #2
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Who do I call to get info to take my 750?
I just want to try a practice session without guard rails.
This thing too fast for the street lol.

Can I use my two piece or does it have to be a one piece?
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

damn you Nemesis! What day are you planning on going? I'm going in November also, but hey, might as well go back to back months

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #4
ninja250
You are sleeping

I have an F-150 if that helps.

When are you going Kevin?

I have to go to Mt Whitney this month so that might slow me down some but I definitely need to get the 75o to a practice day to feel what she can really do.
she's a pent pony.

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #5
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
I have an F-150 if that helps.

When are you going Kevin?

I have to go to Mt Whitney this month so that might slow me down some but I definitely need to get the 75o to a practice day to feel what she can really do.
she's a pent pony.
Not sure yet in November, waiting on someone to get back to me, either chuckwalla or buttonwillow

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

I don't have any set dates. Any day any of y'all want I'll make time except for 10/22 cuz it's my sister's, dad's, and my Bday.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Ok cool, I'll see how the finances are working out, I just spent $640 on a new helmet and visor and have to do a oil change to the 636

Old September 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #8
ninja250
You are sleeping

Let's try and all line the same day up?
Is there a good place I can find a list of things I need to do to the bike to get it ready?

I just bought a bunch of tools to climb that mountain that kinda set me back also..

We'll get there eventually!

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #9
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

yo leme know when you're goin... maybe its time to unleash the ducati on some unsuspecting souls :P
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #10
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 faster red

you the man Nemesis... !
andylawcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 12:52 AM   #11
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Just out of curiosity - what are these 'man rules' that apply to crashing? Try not to cry?
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 01:24 AM   #12
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
Just out of curiosity - what are these 'man rules' that apply to crashing? Try not to cry?
man rule #1: you don't talk about crashing.

Old October 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM   #13
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Old October 1st, 2011, 05:41 PM   #14
krakatak
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
I guessing he means that if you break his stuff, you make it right by paying him for the damages/replacement.
krakatak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 05:45 PM   #15
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

also if people need spares, I've got an extra Dainese 40US/50EU full suit (fits me, I'm 5'10" 150, would prb fit +/-1" and +/- 15 lbs) and extra gauntlet gloves sz med & lg.

Old October 1st, 2011, 06:20 PM   #16
ninja250
You are sleeping

Does that mean a two piece is unacceptable?
So I remove the mirrors and tape up the lights and blinkers.
Do I have to switch to water?

I found a huge list of stuff on the GSXR forum for getting ready for the track but not sure exactly how extensive I need to get for a first practice day?
(safety wires, tire warmers and generator?)

Old October 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM   #17
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

most track day orgs will have a list of what they require like this: http://trackdaz.com/ti/trackdaz/info.html?id=sCILP35Y

Theres lots and lots of extras you CAN take with you, but I try to take the minimalist approach. Here's my extras:
- Extra 5gal fuel
- Canopy (shade is a MUST)
- Two chairs (one for a buddy or gear)
- Small folding table (optional, nice to have for food, gear, etc)
- Minimal tools (tire pressure gauge, 22/24 combo box end, 17mm, 14mm, 12mm box ends, phillips screwdriver, 8mm, 5mm, 4mm allen keys and some chain lube)
- LOTS OF WATER, I generally budget at least 2 gallons per day if its hot. Maybe 1 sports drink, more than that will make you feel sick.
- High energy snacks (nuts, fruit, pretzels etc)
- I also bring a cooler with ice water and a medium towel if its hot so that I can keep it around my head/neck at all times to cool off.
- Advil/tylenol, I get heat headaches easily and these save me if you keep a low dose going most of the day (1 every 4-ish hours)
- Some kind of camping mat in case I want to lay out and nap (the truck gets HOT!)

Old October 1st, 2011, 07:19 PM   #18
ninja250
You are sleeping

Thanks.

I think I want to safety wire the hell out of my bike.

I need to look some info on this up. I had a list of things to wire but have to look up what you guys use and how it's done.

The rear axle nut just hanging on there! I freaked out when I realized that during the 600mi service.
No cotter pin! I'll spin that thing right off there. Filter too. I like that hoseclamp idea.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:07 AM   #19
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Safety wiring is a pain, but pretty satisfying if you've got mild OCD. Drill only things that are required per race regulation rules (AFM is pretty comprehensive: http://www.afmracing.org/content/view/16/34/), and you can torque stripe everything else with silicone. Its really an extreme precaution, I mean how many times have you seen axle nuts fall off of regular motos on the street, and I'm sure those bikes have way more miles than race bikes!

Its really not necessary to safety wire everything unless you plan on racing. A thorough once-over of the bike should cover you completely.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:36 PM   #20
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Does that mean a two piece is unacceptable?
So I remove the mirrors and tape up the lights and blinkers.
Do I have to switch to water?

I found a huge list of stuff on the GSXR forum for getting ready for the track but not sure exactly how extensive I need to get for a first practice day?
(safety wires, tire warmers and generator?)
two piece is okay
you can either remove or tape it up the lights mirrors and blinker (I prefer remove)
you don't have to switch to all water (for most track orgs in so cal)

so which track day you have in mind?

Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM   #21
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Is oct take a noob to the track week? I have to say what a very nice and generous offer this is. I am very interested in going to the track and the only two things keeping me back are i don't want to go alone and i have to say fear. I have this fear of going to a track to ride that is completely baseless as if ill be two slow, be made fun of for sucking lol honest to go stupid **** just intimidated a bit.

I was thinking of going with honey badger in nov though. I have to see if i can get a leather worker to attach a 360 zipper to my leather jacket to wear as a two pice and ill be doing that this week.

Has anyone taken up the offer yet and when do you have to know by to have someone go? do you have a date and track set yet?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:13 AM   #22
ninja250
You are sleeping

We'll be OK on the track.
Honey Badger wants to go too.

I'm not gonna go out there and crash my brand new 750 first time, that's for damn sure.

But I am OCD and want to safety wire a lot of stuff on my bike.
I'm an R/C helicopter mechanic and crashing those is just as expensive as crashing motorcycles sometimes. I don't like crashing if I can avoid it. I don't like thinking about if my bolts are tight either while I'm going fast. lol. GSXR has a tendency to wiggle stuff loose.

I may have to wait for November guys.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing this month just yet and don't want to rush myself down there. I have the mountain thing and I really do want to wire my bike up anyways.

I could sure use some help when I do eventually get the time and cash to get down to the track though. This month killed me with the new bike purchase and mountain stuff from late last month. Lol almost had to sell the xbox system.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:10 AM   #23
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Yeah this month is probably out for me too. I know im going the 11th (think thats right)

Im ecstatic or the track!

Hmmm... read the requirements, looks like I need to buy a back protector. I think im borrowing a suit from a friend

Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:14 PM   #24
Havok
Internet Slut

Well looks like HB and casey are out, i checked into getting a zipper put on my jacket other then that i am good to go for gear. I do not have frame sliders how necessary are they? I think i will install some on the 22nd. What is the cost for the track and what about the last weekend in oct?

Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:38 PM   #25
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I do not have frame sliders how necessary are they? I think i will install some on the 22nd. What is the cost for the track and what about the last weekend in oct?
Frame sliders are not a requirement, but some see it as insurance to fairing repair. meanwhile, some argue frame sliders will make it WORST cuz the slider will dig into the dirt and act as a pivot and launch your bike like a catapult (counterpoint to this argument is to have a softer sliders so it would grind off instead)

Cost of track = $120-160 depends on track (streets of willow, big willow, buttonwillow, fontana, chuckwalla)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
Hmmm... read the requirements, looks like I need to buy a back protector. I think im borrowing a suit from a friend
most don't require per se, but is highly recommended.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM   #26
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylawcc View Post
Frame sliders are not a requirement, but some see it as insurance to fairing repair. meanwhile, some argue frame sliders will make it WORST cuz the slider will dig into the dirt and act as a pivot and launch your bike like a catapult (counterpoint to this argument is to have a softer sliders so it would grind off instead)

Cost of track = $120-160 depends on track (streets of willow, big willow, buttonwillow, fontana, chuckwalla)

most don't require per se, but is highly recommended.
Thanks, i think i will install some sliders at our next tech day, I don't think ill be going fast enough my first few times to send my bike end over end if a slider grabs. I think i am going to shoot for the one at chuckwalla on the 11th being hosted by track daz. I think its the one kevin is going to so ill know someone there. I wanted to take nem up but i don't see how i can this month unless it is the last weekend of the month.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM   #27
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Thanks, i think i will install some sliders at our next tech day, I don't think ill be going fast enough my first few times to send my bike end over end if a slider grabs. I think i am going to shoot for the one at chuckwalla on the 11th being hosted by track daz. I think its the one kevin is going to so ill know someone there. I wanted to take nem up but i don't see how i can this month unless it is the last weekend of the month.
better book it quick, based on the two past event, it is booked up very quickly (which is odd for a Friday trackday)

Old October 7th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #28
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
better book it quick, based on the two past event, it is booked up very quickly (which is odd for a Friday trackday)
Took your advice, Chuckwalla on the 11th! first track day for me and i cant wait. Though i am still quite intimidated i am excited as hell though.

Old October 7th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #29
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Its the friday before the CVMA race series, so most of the racers book it up as additional practice before the races on sat/sun. You guys should seriously consider camping out friday night and watching some of the races on sat! Its usually pretty fun on friday, most people come out early, fire up the bbqs and have a good time!

Budget & vacation allowing, I think I'll sign up and come out with you guys, maybe give someone a ride out if they got one for the way back!

Maybe then... you'll be inclined to race with us next year if you think you're fast!

Old October 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #30
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
Its the friday before the CVMA race series, so most of the racers book it up as additional practice before the races on sat/sun.
ya, but I don't expect the C group to be all booked too

Old October 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #31
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
ya, but I don't expect the C group to be all booked too
True! The racers fill up A group super fast, bumping more people down to B and C. Chuckwalla track days are hard to come by this fall season!

A neat idea would be to sign up for the new racer school (NRS), you get free instruction, get additional info about riding, racing, and you get to follow some decently fast people. You can even have instructors follow you and give feedback. A good deal for no extra cost!

Old October 7th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #32
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
A neat idea would be to sign up for the new racer school (NRS), you get free instruction, get additional info about riding, racing, and you get to follow some decently fast people. You can even have instructors follow you and give feedback. A good deal for no extra cost!
me not even B group material yet, do not want to defile the sacred school of NRS ;p

Old October 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #33
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Its the friday before the CVMA race series, so most of the racers book it up as additional practice before the races on sat/sun. You guys should seriously consider camping out friday night and watching some of the races on sat! Its usually pretty fun on friday, most people come out early, fire up the bbqs and have a good time!

Budget & vacation allowing, I think I'll sign up and come out with you guys, maybe give someone a ride out if they got one for the way back!

Maybe then... you'll be inclined to race with us next year if you think you're fast!
I may stay to watch the races or come back the next day, I would like to see how the races are

It would be cool to see you out there, I want to pick the brains of experienced riders for info. I see this as a training session and a chance to learn and progress my riding. My plan is to work on body position and lines and let the speed come on its own. I am most defiantly not going out there to Prove anything