ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old June 4th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #1
KrazyWalle
ninjette.org member

Name: oswaldo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Passion Red, Ca Model)

I Hurt My Baby!!!

So this will be the second time I've dropped the bike in my ghetto driveway! First time I slid in the mud nothing happened. Yesterday I was riding through the side of the driveway there's a little cannal ditch thing that goes along side my gravel driveway. You must ride through the grass around parked vehicles on the actual driveway in order to get to my garage in the back..

Anyways, I procceded to go up the edge and I had the break covered and slightly squeezed it right as I was going up and over the edge. Bad timing and noob mistake, so ilthe front tire tucked and the bike hit on the left side in the gravel of course. She kinda just bucked me off and said F-U.... She was kind enough to turn off by herself.

No injuries for me had all my gear on and jeans. The bike on the other hand had a bent clutch lever, my ls turn signal ripped off, my fairing got cracked and the front fairing got a dent in it, mirror got scrapped up and bent, and one of the metal tabs on the front fairing stay got bent. Scratches here and there.

So I went into repair mode, pulled the fairing off epoxied the back side of the crack to prevent it from spreading. The turn signal ripped off without breaking anything so that snapped back together. I unbolted the front fairing piece and the dent came out. So I noticed the metal tab was bent up to I persuaded it back into place with some plyers. Just need a new clutch lever now, clutch works as it should...

And this is after I patched her all up.
If you look closely you can see the grass and weeds that got disturbed by my tire next to chewed up piece of sponge. You can't really see it but there's a slight burm there..
Lessons learned no more speeding into the driveway and or braking. I was probably going 6-9ish mph...

Old June 4th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R Ninja -Neener-

A vice and some man power will bend that shifter back. Thats what I did when I bent mine (and I bent that puppy bad) Keep in mind that the coating may have some off so some black primer may be necessary to keep the rust off (didnt do this, rusting now lol)

Old June 4th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #3
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Oh and a newb note for you that I also learned the hard way. Slow speeds... use the back brake

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #4
KrazyWalle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscreations08 View Post
A vice and some man power will bend that shifter back. Thats what I did when I bent mine (and I bent that puppy bad) Keep in mind that the coating may have some off so some black primer may be necessary to keep the rust off (didnt do this, rusting now lol)
Shifter is fine, its the clutch lever that has a nice bend to it.. I occasionally use the back break when I want to slide into the garage all squid like.. J/k I wouldn't do such a thing.. My roomies WR250X on the other hand can do said chinanigans and the bike just takes it, mine just patheticly falls in the mud, or bucks me of cause there's wet grass.. I'll just blame it on my DR2 rear tire it was replaced that same day I went down..

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Sorry mixed the shifter and the lever up.

Tires are a good excuse. Mine was oil on the ground at the gas station Time for shorty levers?

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #6
KrazyWalle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscreations08 View Post
Tires are a good excuse. Mine was oil on the ground at the gas station Time for shorty levers?
I wish!!! Take note of the grey Mazda 6 in one of the photos, its getting a ford fusion heart transplant! So all $$$ is going towards getting her back to life.. Plus I don't NEED shorty levers well I do need one, but not a expensice cool one. I must eBay it at once!! Their going for roughly $22-$30 used, aftermarket ones are like $60-$80?...