ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you Pack a Pistol while riding?
All the time 42 20.90%
Sometimes 28 13.93%
Never 131 65.17%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 3rd, 2011, 06:57 PM   #201
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
What he said!

#1 reason for bearing arms is to keep the government afraid of the people, instead of the people being afraid of the government. Seems our government is defeating this somewhat, but that's the idea.

Oh... and anyone who thinks he can come into my house uninvited and not be shot because of interpretation of the law, will be shot first and interpreted later
Be my friend, lol

I open carry everywhere as it is and will continue to do so on the bike. It still amazes me that people think getting rid of all the guns in the world will solve anything. Cause people never killed each other before guns were invented right.....AMIRITE?

For me, I'm not so much worried about having to use a firearm while riding, since I think most of the time I would be able to get away from a situation. However, I still plan to be armed wherever my destination is.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM   #202
ride2rideagain
total N00B

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
When the zombie apocalypse comes and you are surrounded by hordes of zombies trying to beat them back with hockey sticks and snow balls, I will come zooming by on my Ninja Zombie Death Machine, and I will remember your words. However I will still save you, because I'm a nice guy
A zombie apocalypse was the only thing I was worried about when I made the decision to not pack heat for personal safety. I didn't think my hockey stick would be enough. But I can sleep in peace now knowing you'll save me. Thank you kind sir.
ride2rideagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM   #203
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2rideagain View Post
A zombie apocalypse was the only thing I was worried about when I made the decision to not pack heat for personal safety. I didn't think my hockey stick would be enough. But I can sleep in peace now knowing you'll save me. Thank you kind sir.
Good ****. I have a spare .22 rifle you can use. Just ride reverse on the back of my bike and take care of any stragglers that come after us.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM   #204
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

but in movies it always looks so much more impressive when you lob zombie heads off with a chainsaw or bash in their heads with a club (hokey sticks would work like a beauty...)

i still remember the nightmares i had after watching "the running man" with Arnie back when i was like 9, haha!... there is an evul mofo of a hockey player in there xD

that's what Arnold's reaction was to the hockey stick, haha!

ps, i agree to disagree, lol... ill just live and let live :P

Old November 5th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #205
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I have an Officers ACP 45 . And a Springfield 1911 Combat commander. I think the 1911 model is the best .
But if you shoot a gun from a moving motorcycle you are not going to hit your target. You will probably just kill an innocent bystander.

For personal protection I have carbon fiber knuckles on my gloves. And I am 6foot 1 190 lb and mean as hell. I will let them get close enough by acting all scared. Then start wailing away.I don't care if they steel my bike. ( That is what insurance is for).But some one will hurt BAD.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #206
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I have an Officers ACP 45 . And a Springfield 1911 Combat commander. I think the 1911 model is the best .
But if you shoot a gun from a moving motorcycle you are not going to hit your target. You will probably just kill an innocent bystander.
Ok, then all we need to do is target innocent bystanders and then we won't hit them.
AFM #676

Old November 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #207
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I don't think the idea of carrying on a MC is to fire from it, but to have it on/with you for where you are going.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #208
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Then It will work.
Targeting the bystanders is OK but there are to many and the one you wan to hit will take advantage of you slow reaction. Then you will loose. Best to stay focused on the bad guy. Practice is the best solution. when using any type of firearm. Practice practice practice.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #209
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael t View Post
all the time i carry every where iam allowed by law . Criminals strike every where . You wear seat belt or a helmet for safety and protection and hope you never need either one. Ccw is the same . For safety and protection

http:////www.americanclassic1911forum.com
wow...lmfao!

Old November 10th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #210
Blackwidow

I seriously can't believe what i'm reading...i can't believe how many people carry guns while riding. What the hell is going on? how does riding a bike and carrying a gun go together like that? i'm so glad its illegal here in Cali.

Old November 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #211
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
I seriously can't believe what i'm reading...i can't believe how many people carry guns while riding. What the hell is going on? how does riding a bike and carrying a gun go together like that? i'm so glad its illegal here in Cali.
It's legal here.
AFM #676

Old November 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #212
Blackwidow

its legal but you can't have it loaded. and you can't have the bullets with the gun... another words...illegal.

Old November 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #213
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

It's legal to open carry a firearm in California unloaded, but you can carry your ammunition separately. You just can't conceal it. And donors to the county sheriff are pretty much the only ones who have CCWs.

As for carrying a gun, I know someone who had to pull his gun on a would-be mugger.
Liist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #214
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
its legal but you can't have it loaded. and you can't have the bullets with the gun... another words...illegal.
Yes you can, you just need to get a CCW first.
AFM #676

Old November 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #215
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liist View Post
It's legal to open carry a firearm in California unloaded, but you can carry your ammunition separately. You just can't conceal it. And donors to the county sheriff are pretty much the only ones who have CCWs.

As for carrying a gun, I know someone who had to pull his gun on a would-be mugger.
Unfortunately for the law abiding citizens of the PRK. With "may issue" CCW permits nearly non-existant, criminals should have little to fear.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #216
AlanDog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, 2009 KLX250-SF, 2014 Zero S

There can be all sorts of justifications for carrying a loaded gun. Actually, I find the pro-gun arguments on this thread quite convincing. But I wonder if the real reason people carry guns is because they are afraid. They fear other people. They see the world as violent and outside their control. They see strangers as potentially violent criminals. They need a gun to feel safe. They live in fear.

I've never been violent, but I certainly have been pissed off at people. I honestly don't trust that my having a gun will make unlikely situations any safer. Maybe there would be less crime by strangers with more guns, but probably a lot more dead spouses, friends, and in-laws.

I lived up in the Sierra foothills alone for ten years, and yeah, I had guns. Because you'd be crazy not to have one. You'd be lucky to have a Sheriff arrive in 45 minutes after a 911 call. Like that's going to help! So my girlfriend was all peace and love when she moved in and she had never considered the basic logic of gun ownership, it was just: "guns=bad".

I guess I fear guns more than I fear other people. But then again, I guess if I trusted people, then the thought of 90% of the population carrying concealed weapons would make me feel safer... but it doesn't. I think we all have the potential to be criminals, to make bad decisions, to do the wrong thing because we are angry or just make stupid mistakes. A misunderstanding becomes a shoving match versus a misunderstanding that escalates into two dead people.

A couple months ago I posted a pretty common scenerio where I was cut off by a driver who just wasn't paying attention. The overwhelming response of people on this forum was to meet this honest mistake with violence. I was supposed to punch out the guys mirror to teach him a lesson. With both parties armed, tell me what's going to happen here? The moment of anger, the blood boils, you pull your gun and start yelling, and then pop pop he's got a gun too. Oh boy, isn't this great!

I mean, I don't know any of the people who've posted on this forum saying they carry a weapon. Maybe if I really knew them well I wouldn't have any worries. But I don't see a black and white world where there are "the criminals" and then there are "the law abiding citizens". You're a criminal when you commit a crime. It's very easy to do when you're holding a loaded gun.
AlanDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #217
wayanlam

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

^ amen to that...

also the point i was trying to put across, sadly, i believe that the unspoken truth is that people live in fear. im certain most people would not admit it, or might not even believe it, since its become part of life at this point.

all i can do is "sigh" and hope that there are still sensible people that try and avoid bloodshed by not carrying a gun, rather than the other way round, the "i am safe because i carry a gun" mentality, is just twisted. (of course if you live out in the middle of nowhere, where you need it to defend yourself both from animals or criminals that come to seek you out... well that's a whole different story).

either way, its a lost cause trying to explain something that is so deeply rooted into ones belief. its like trying to tell the pig that grew up with the tiger that they are not tigers (or the other way round, i think there are cases of tiger cubs being nursed by pigs too )

btw, not calling yall pigs! but just using a funny comparison, rofl

sheesh that is one BIG PIG

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #218
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

None of the people I know who carry, do so because they're afraid. Most of them carry to be prepared and are of the mindset, "Better to have a gun and not need it, than need a gun and not have it." Virginia is near on the opposite spectrum on this subject than California. It's very common to see people carrying here, as such it's no big deal and crime is relatively low. Myself and nearly all of the "open carry" community, never wish to shoot someone, which is precisely why we Open Carry. Criminals target the weak and easy prey, only an insane person would try and attack/rob someone they visibly see carrying a firearm. They would just as soon wait for the next easier target. The main reason I don't conceal my weapon, is because I don't want to have to use it. It's a deterrent, and it works quite well.

Old November 11th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #219
evi1joe
ninjette.org member

Name: jOE

Motorcycle(s): none yet (getting a 250R)

I carry a gun on evening outings/errands...I carry a snake-bite kit when I hike...both are just tools for circumstances I hope don't come up. While a dialysis machine is too bulky and too expensive and I'm not sure kidney failure is something that kills you before you can get help, I'd carry one if those three criteria were valid (<-- in response to a first page argument).

I also agree with the argument that carrying a gun around is easier than carrying a cop.....and I agree with the fact that there are some horribly evil people out there who need to be killed, and it would be a shame to let such an opportunity go to waste.

Riding the new ninja will mean pocket carry or shoulder holster....4 o'clock OTW is probably not gonna work anymore.
evi1joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #220
avneet
Kryptonite

Name: Avneet

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
I live in California and I can tell you it is completely legal to carry a loaded firearm with a CCW. You may think it's stupid and crazy to carry a weapon for self defense, and you have the right to your opinion.

As others have the right to their opinion to carry for self defense.

P.S. I'm a college aged, Independent (politically) who leans much more towards a democrat, who believes in the second amendment. So it's not only certain types of people with deep rooted minds who believe it (like in most peoples minds it's older aged, republicans). I absolutely hate violence and I am a believer of non violence. That doesn't mean everyone else is and I will be ready to protect myself or others if someone tries to harm myself or any life around me.
avneet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #221
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanDog View Post
There can be all sorts of justifications for carrying a loaded gun. Actually, I find the pro-gun arguments on this thread quite convincing. But I wonder if the real reason people carry guns is because they are afraid. They fear other people. They see the world as violent and outside their control. They see strangers as potentially violent criminals. They need a gun to feel safe. They live in fear.

I've never been violent, but I certainly have been pissed off at people. I honestly don't trust that my having a gun will make unlikely situations any safer. Maybe there would be less crime by strangers with more guns, but probably a lot more dead spouses, friends, and in-laws.

I lived up in the Sierra foothills alone for ten years, and yeah, I had guns. Because you'd be crazy not to have one. You'd be lucky to have a Sheriff arrive in 45 minutes after a 911 call. Like that's going to help! So my girlfriend was all peace and love when she moved in and she had never considered the basic logic of gun ownership, it was just: "guns=bad".

I guess I fear guns more than I fear other people. But then again, I guess if I trusted people, then the thought of 90% of the population carrying concealed weapons would make me feel safer... but it doesn't. I think we all have the potential to be criminals, to make bad decisions, to do the wrong thing because we are angry or just make stupid mistakes. A misunderstanding becomes a shoving match versus a misunderstanding that escalates into two dead people.

A couple months ago I posted a pretty common scenerio where I was cut off by a driver who just wasn't paying attention. The overwhelming response of people on this forum was to meet this honest mistake with violence. I was supposed to punch out the guys mirror to teach him a lesson. With both parties armed, tell me what's going to happen here? The moment of anger, the blood boils, you pull your gun and start yelling, and then pop pop he's got a gun too. Oh boy, isn't this great!

I mean, I don't know any of the people who've posted on this forum saying they carry a weapon. Maybe if I really knew them well I wouldn't have any worries. But I don't see a black and white world where there are "the criminals" and then there are "the law abiding citizens". You're a criminal when you commit a crime. It's very easy to do when you're holding a loaded gun.
If you were the type of person who would consciously kill another person in a fit of rage, then you probably shouldn't carry a gun. And if you think that people carrying guns would lead to streets running red with blood, well then why is texas so dry?
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #222
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Shoot i want a gun there are criminals with guns and im pretty sure most of them dont carry their illegal firearm for protection.

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #223
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
Shoot i want a gun there are criminals with guns and im pretty sure most of them dont carry their illegal firearm for protection.
Haha its a good point. I like how people complain about citizens with CCW's carrying guns but they don't complain about criminals carrying guns.
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #224
rusninja

lmao @Jiggles shoot how about if we are talking about evil americans those fudgeknuckers that carry knives(joking), you hear about alot of stabings i carry a pocketknife for my protection I dont stab anyone >.> but if some a() that stole a gun or something along the lines holds me at gunpoint im probably screwed. :/

Its like a knife you will not notice unless your really waving that thing but at the same time you have a deadly weapon. Same thing with a gun give it to a SANE person who will not abuse it and things are better off could be a choice between life and death.

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #225
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
lmao @Jiggles shoot how about if we are talking about evil americans those fudgeknuckers that carry knives(joking), you hear about alot of stabings i carry a pocketknife for my protection I dont stab anyone >.> but if some a() that stole a gun or something along the lines holds me at gunpoint im probably screwed. :/

Its like a knife you will not notice unless your really waving that thing but at the same time you have a deadly weapon. Same thing with a gun give it to a SANE person who will not abuse it and things are better off could be a choice between life and death.
You should carry pepper spray, its more effective
AFM #676

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #226
rusninja

Quote:
You should carry pepper spray, its more effective
Heat of the moment thing i would probably accidently spray myself in the eye.

Old November 12th, 2011, 03:26 AM   #227
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Quote:
But I wonder if the real reason people carry guns is because they are afraid. They fear other people. They see the world as violent and outside their control. They see strangers as potentially violent criminals. They need a gun to feel safe. They live in fear.
Rightfully so, and those that are prepared will survive. You obviously haven't experienced the world and/or the capabilities of those with a lethal agenda. I have been to those places and met those people and believe me, a gun is merely a good start. The first time you defend yourself against a lethal threat while unarmed is the last time you will leave home without a weapon.

2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #228
AlanDog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, 2009 KLX250-SF, 2014 Zero S

Quote:
If you were the type of person who would consciously kill another person in a fit of rage, then you probably shouldn't carry a gun.

Generally, I don't kill the people I'm happy with. But you're absolutely right. Just because I kill them, doesn't mean I should be angry at them. I should have an open mind and be more accepting of the human fallibility of the people I kill. I mean, we all make mistakes, right? Thanks for that insight.
AlanDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #229
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Generally, I don't kill the people I'm happy with.
Good safety tip.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #230
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Now back to the original discussion. Yes I carry in my front pocket a Kel Tec .380 7 shot double action only pistol. It's perfect as its smaller than a pack of cigaretts. Lightweight too. Don't even notice it and its readilly available. Very safe too as virtually impossible to go off unless the trigger is pulled all the way to the rear. Smooth with nothing protruding to hang up in your pocket. Ruger offers an almost identical model.
BTW I've made it a practice to only shoot those that are trying to kill me.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #231
evi1joe
ninjette.org member

Name: jOE

Motorcycle(s): none yet (getting a 250R)

+1 for the KT P3AT...great gun, especially if you get it from GoldenLoki with his reliability job--or do your own (though I'm assuming you mean jacket pocket--seems like it'd be hard to get anything out of your pants while riding). I now carry the PF-9 since it's just a bit bigger and I don't have to buy separate ammo (I prefer the 9mm). However, I'll always miss my noisy cricket.
evi1joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #232
nezumiamalek
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I don't ever leave the house without mine, it's very useful against aggressive avians.

nezumiamalek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #233
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

ad fail.

ducks are not color blind. you cant wear orange vests if you want to shoot anything *facepalm*
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #234
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I don't know anyone who shoots ducks with a pistol. Chuck Norris shoots them with his beard though
AFM #676

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #235
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
I don't know anyone who shoots ducks with a pistol. Chuck Norris shoots them with his beard though
touche.

I guess its such an inaccurate display of duck hunting they figured what the heck and put him in a orange vest...

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #236
nezumiamalek
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R

http://media.photobucket.com/image/d...e/DuckHunt.jpg
nezumiamalek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #237
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
touche.

I guess its such an inaccurate display of duck hunting they figured what the heck and put him in a orange vest...
Haha yea, camouflage plus neon orange vest = wtf??

Actually we just got some iphone otterboxes in stock that have the rubber in camouflage and the plastic in bright orange. Made me lol
AFM #676

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #238
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

if you were going deer hunting maybe...

but you dont generally hunt deer with a pistol either.... LOL

maybe if you got an ACOG scope like on COD tehehe

let me get one of those cases!!!

Old November 28th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #239
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
if you were going deer hunting maybe...

but you dont generally hunt deer with a pistol either.... LOL

maybe if you got an ACOG scope like on COD tehehe

let me get one of those cases!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-APL2-...2524752&sr=8-1

Come to my store and I'll give you one for $30
AFM #676