ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old August 29th, 2015, 07:57 AM   #1
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Name: Eli

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

ZX6 headlight

Allright well ive been doing a lot of over seas ordering mainly bodywork and farkles. Ive been wanting to do the Demon Eye conversion for a long time but just haven't broke down and bought it. But since then it appears that the ZX6 replica front end has become more readily available. what do you guys think the ZX6 front cowl or the Demon Eye Conversion
ZX6 Front Replica Cowl
http://japan.webike.net/products/21414130.html
Demon Eye Conversion
http://www.empiremotoshop.com/produc...ektor-31-N250R
Devita818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
If you're going to do the projectors in the headlights (what you call the "demon eye conversion"), make sure you do it right and do your own work. Put bixenon's in it. You can get projectors and all parts necessary individually on ebay if you know what you're looking at, or you can get the kit that includes all the HID parts and you'll have to fit them into the housing.

Get high quality lighting parts, don't cheap out and get the cheesy stuff.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...headlight.html
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2015, 08:29 AM   #3
Devita818
ninjette.org member

I think I had decided on purchasing the whole housing pre assembled due to the fact that after watching just about every video I could find I just didn't feel comfortable in my ability to achieve the clean look that I am looking for.
Ill either be ordering from Indonesia (prob with a large order of other farkles) Or Japan( more farkles on the way) and the price is very similar to purchasing individually on ebay or even the site you suggested.
I am leaning towards ordering the demon eye and the Headlight
cover I think I like that look better than just a zx6 replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
If you're going to do the projectors in the headlights (what you call the "demon eye conversion"), make sure you do it right and do your own work. Put bixenon's in it. You can get projectors and all parts necessary individually on ebay if you know what you're looking at, or you can get the kit that includes all the HID parts and you'll have to fit them into the housing.

Get high quality lighting parts, don't cheap out and get the cheesy stuff.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...headlight.html

Old August 29th, 2015, 08:45 AM   #4
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You can do a nice clean install with some time, effort, and planning. The hard part is just taking the time to do it and thinking it through. The benefit of buying nice parts is you get improvement to the headlight output. I'm not sure what you're going to get with the kit from Japan; it might be fantastic lighting, it might be junk.

Anyhow, your choice, just thought I share the bixenon parts with you. I've got my whole setup figured out, but am at a standstill because I need to mold a lens and I've been lazy lately. The light output on a good HID projector is amazing though! I can't wait till I get off my butt and actually do it.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #5
Kurgan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kurgan

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

From what I've read you can get projector kits for the ZX6 headlights, and IMHO they look better than the stock 250 headlight with the demon eye setup.

Personally I would take things a step further and do one of two things to the zx6 nose kit after installing a projector setup....

1. Add some sort of colored LED kit in the fake intake section.

2. Add a recessed fog light into the fake intake section if those projectors still somehow weren't bright enough, for those special kind of idiots who flash their headlights at you and you don't even have your brights on.....yet.
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #6
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Thanks for your input its something to think about for sure I always like getting a different opinion and seeing what other ninjette owners think I'm thinking i like the demon eye with the halo rings as pictured above. I will update with pictures along with a new thread regarding the quality of parts as well as the process of ordering parts from Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
From what I've read you can get projector kits for the ZX6 headlights, and IMHO they look better than the stock 250 headlight with the demon eye setup.

Personally I would take things a step further and do one of two things to the zx6 nose kit after installing a projector setup....

1. Add some sort of colored LED kit in the fake intake section.

2. Add a recessed fog light into the fake intake section if those projectors still somehow weren't bright enough, for those special kind of idiots who flash their headlights at you and you don't even have your brights on.....yet.