ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Vacation plans?

Ok, so I know several of you are going somewhere for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

What I want to know is are there any plans in the works for next year vacations? Plan early and you tend to save money (but not always). My wife and I are planning another trip back to Ireland next year. Hopefully get to stay in Dublin for a night, then drive out to Cork. I also want to head up to Galway as well. I'd honestly love to hear some music festival or something up there. Hope to check out a castle or two, check out some of the cliffs on the west side, and much more.

Last time we went there was stayed at Barberstown Castle in Straffan (here is the link for the castle: http://www.barberstowncastle.ie/ ). Should be a fun trip this time.

Any of you have plans in the works?

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #2
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Going to Jamaica and to Grand Cayman Island next month but as far as next year goes maybe a week at our time share in South Lake Tahoe. Would love to do an Alaskan Cruise but my wife has taken on a new job and has to work up the vacation time. I like to do two trips somewhere a year when I can. I have family that I need to visit more than I really need to vacation.

Ireland would be awesome and my wife and I have talked about it after we get a few other places out of the way.
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #3
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Heading to Tahoe in Feb to hit the slopes for 8 days or so, probably will take 4-5 days and go camping near Big Bend with my buddy and our Xterras. Most likely throw in a trip to Taos or Winter Park and Ruidoso somewhere in there as well before the end of March.

I would love to go back to Europe but I spent 3 years living there and went pretty much everywhere you can go. Gotta let the memories slip a bit before I head back. When I do it's definitely going to include Ireland/NGB, Amsterdam (for the wife...never been), and Malta....my fav hang out.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #4
kyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarC View Post
Heading to Tahoe in Feb to hit the slopes for 8 days or so, probably will take 4-5 days and go camping near Big Bend with my buddy and our Xterras. Most likely throw in a trip to Taos or Winter Park and Ruidoso somewhere in there as well before the end of March.

I would love to go back to Europe but I spent 3 years living there and went pretty much everywhere you can go. Gotta let the memories slip a bit before I head back. When I do it's definitely going to include Ireland/NGB, Amsterdam (for the wife...never been), and Malta....my fav hang out.
I love Winter Park. I took a year off from college and went there and became a ski bum. I have not been back since 92. I am thinking of making a few long wk end trips to Boone NC for some skiing this winter.

Old November 14th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #5
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

Next summer is our semi-annual (every other year) guys Canadian canoe trip. A week long canoe trip into Quetico Provincial Park. It takes 2 days of paddling and portaging to get deep into the wilderness. Where your only decisions for the week are where are going to fish today. Not seeing other people the whole week. Fishing lakes where the fish have never seen a lure. It's Awesome.

kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I am ok at fishing, but lure selection has always killed me. Now my father-in-law passed away, I have no fishing buddy. He was always my tag team partner for golfing and fishing.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Ok, so I know several of you are going somewhere for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

What I want to know is are there any plans in the works for next year vacations? Plan early and you tend to save money (but not always). My wife and I are planning another trip back to Ireland next year. Hopefully get to stay in Dublin for a night, then drive out to Cork. I also want to head up to Galway as well. I'd honestly love to hear some music festival or something up there. Hope to check out a castle or two, check out some of the cliffs on the west side, and much more.

Last time we went there was stayed at Barberstown Castle in Straffan (here is the link for the castle: http://www.barberstowncastle.ie/ ). Should be a fun trip this time.

Any of you have plans in the works?
that is sooo awesome! we are planning on going to ireland for our 1 year anniversary in 2013 My fiance is from Ireland, so i'm so anxious to see his roots

next year in march we have our honeymoon planned, and i think thats all the vacation we are going to take. We are going to disney world in orlando for a few days then going on a cruise to the carribean. i'm soooo excited! haven't ever taken a 2 week vacation. its gonna be great!

Old November 14th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #8
kyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevheads View Post
Next summer is our semi-annual (every other year) guys Canadian canoe trip. A week long canoe trip into Quetico Provincial Park. It takes 2 days of paddling and portaging to get deep into the wilderness. Where your only decisions for the week are where are going to fish today. Not seeing other people the whole week. Fishing lakes where the fish have never seen a lure. It's Awesome.

Nice smallie there!

Here is a smallie and a nice striper my son was lucky to catch here on Lake Cumberland. Proud Papa!

Old November 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #9
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

As of right now I am planning on going back to Munich for the beginning of Oktoberfest. This was the first year I went and it may become a yearly trip.
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #10
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Going here. Can't wait. Staying at the park, bought the meal plan, and I fully intend to put on 10 pounds over the course of the week. I miss steak.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote