ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old December 29th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #1
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Looking for US Source of Evotech Fender Eliminator

I'm looking for a US source to buy an Evotech Fender Eliminator kit. They have a much cleaner finish than the Targa kit, and I may be in the market.

They are EU based, with lots of options to buy there, but I can't easily find a good US source for the kit other than one Ebay seller who is charging too much. Another option would be great.

I know, I know, I could fabricate my own with limited trouble for free. Alex's simple hacksaw mod, for example, looks decent and I may do that one. But I'd like to take it all the way up to the seat, don't have the desire to fabricate my own brackets, and want to keep stock fender to put back on if need be.

Thanks in advance for reference.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2010, 12:36 AM   #2
arnette
ninjette.org member

Name: Brent

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Pearl White/Ebony SE

I'd like to find this out as well. It's at the top of my FE list as it looks like a quality piece of hardware.
arnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2010, 02:47 AM   #3
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

http://myworld.ebay.com/mcmotorcycleparts/

Ebay user name is mcmotorcycleparts. I have bought from him in the past, really nice guy. Remember that the license plate adapters are included with his sales (usually) so you don't need to buy.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Looks pretty decent although I wouldn't like leaving the stock turn signals on there... I saw that he had mini lights in both clear and orange... would look pretty good with those! Let us know how it goes!
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM   #5
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

I'm all for Fender Eliminator kits as long as you don't have to do any cutting or drilling into your original hardware. Personally, if I was going to install a kit then I would go all out and just all LED flashers and a integrated LED tail light. If you're gonna go skinny, might as well shoot for a supermodel.

I sorta like the hotbodies kit but it needs a little change to it for my liking. I'd have to make a little wedge to go between the license plate and the mount so the license plate would be from 15-20 degrees instead of 95 degrees. One way I can think of off the top of my head on how to make an easy wedge that would look good is to take a piece of stock metal and cut it to length then run a bead or two across the bottom portion of the stock metal and then take a grinder to it to smooth things out....mark your holes and then drill them a little larger than your mounting bolts just in case. Smooth all the rough edges then just add spray paint.

http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/pr...-11_ninja_250r
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #6
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Evotech makes some nice stuff. I ordered mine directly from them(not for 250), didnt have any problems.

Cut out the middle man
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #7
Liv2ride2liv
ninjette.org member

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r

How do u contact this evotech guy I can't find his website
Liv2ride2liv is offline   Reply With Quote