Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old October 4th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #1
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Name: JR

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Jet Ski docks?

Hi guys, I'm planning on picking up a pair of EZ Port 3 jet ski docks for my skis during the weekend and I was wondering if someone know anything about this brand and model. This are the drive on type with rollers.

This are he ones that I'm looking at http://www.ez-dock.com/en/ez-dock-pr...t-2-and-3.html

Any help will be greatly appreciat it.

I posted this in a PWC forum, but wanted to give it a try here too.
wellcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #2
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

I have a previous model of that without the rollers and it works like a charm. It's just foam covered with polyethylene or whatever the plastic is. It has held up well in the Florida sun for 9 years so far with no problems and has survived some pretty good storms.
Easy to drive up on and slide off. You need to mount it over PVC pipes sunk into the bottom (mine are either 6 or 8" in diameter - whatever the size of the hole is on the float), so it slides up and down easily as the tide changes, otherwise it can mount to a floating dock or to a fixed dock if there's no tide, with a special bracket. The newer ones with the rollers are much more expensive than when I got mine, but once you get it, it's no maintenance except maybe once or twice a year you can scrape barnacles off the edge if you feel like it.
I don't know what kind of skis you have, but one good forum is http://www.seadooforum.com, they probably have info on this as well as on other skis - I haven't been there for a while but the forum is very helpful, just like here.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #3
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Name: JR

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
I have a previous model of that without the rollers and it works like a charm. It's just foam covered with polyethylene or whatever the plastic is. It has held up well in the Florida sun for 9 years so far with no problems and has survived some pretty good storms.
Easy to drive up on and slide off. You need to mount it over PVC pipes sunk into the bottom (mine are either 6 or 8" in diameter - whatever the size of the hole is on the float), so it slides up and down easily as the tide changes, otherwise it can mount to a floating dock or to a fixed dock if there's no tide, with a special bracket. The newer ones with the rollers are much more expensive than when I got mine, but once you get it, it's no maintenance except maybe once or twice a year you can scrape barnacles off the edge if you feel like it.
I don't know what kind of skis you have, but one good forum is http://www.seadooforum.com, they probably have info on this as well as on other skis - I haven't been there for a while but the forum is very helpful, just like here.
Thanks Marc, I actually became a member last night and got a few responses and all of them were positive. They basically said that those are top of the line.
I think I'm getting them for a good price $1500 the pair with 4 rollers and the owner said they are about 1 1/2 old, this includes the hardware and in very good conditions. They are on a lake right now and they will be in a lake again.

Thanks for your help.
wellcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #4
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

Now that I think about it, mine's a Sportport, same thing, different name, like SSDD.
That seems like a good price, esp. for 2 of them. I think you will like them. If you can fix them so they tie up to the side of a dock, then you can easily get on and off but they are wide enough to walk on alongside the ski if you fix them end to the dock or to PVC piles.
Just be sure to tie the skis up by the bow so they don't go sliding off on you if the dock bounces up and down in the waves.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote