ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Coolbpf
Limp Noodle

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, Fastest Red money can buy

Cops!

I got pulled over today... More on that later. But why isn't there a 'report your getting pulled over (or avoiding getting pulled over) stories here' tab? there's a !@$@%@#% I crashed tab... Why not a %@#$%#%@# The cops tab?

Anyhow... I was on my ninjette and I was running late to work. So naturally 10 miles over the speed limit it was for me... When suddenly I came upon a wild tourist who was going 30. I was lucky enough to catch the car in a small passing zone. So I went ahead and passed the lady. A few minutes later I see flashing lights and sirens burning bright over the hill. I was quick to slow down and pull over thinking they would pass me. NOPE, it was me they wanted.

So I pulled over and blah blah blah. Cop asks me if I knew why he pulled me over. I said... Well, was I going a bit fast? He's all like, well you were, but actually why I pulled you over because you passed that lady in a no passing zone. I was quick to tell them that there was a new passing zone in there...

HE SAYS: "Well, you went around her in the passing lane, but when you came back into your lane, you were a few feet passed the passing zone."

Anyone else ever been pulled over for this? It angers me in a way, because I could've gunned it around the tourists while holding up the bird as I passed... But no, I passed safely, gradually but swiftly getting around the tourist. And I get freaking pulled over for it. Didn't get a ticket though...

It was also interesting that the cop that pulled me over had backup on his tail. Maybe they only chased me because they thought I was racing down the street and they wanted a little action? Maybe me being late to work, and getting rattled to start my day, was all because of some cops want to have a little fun? Erg.
Coolbpf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

First off, we don't have a "%@#$%#%@# The cops" tab because im sure we have LEOs here and i'd say most times we get pulled over, its out own fault. Yes, we occasionally will get the douche bag that pulls us over.

secondly, why were you running late? maybe wake up earlier?..haha.

lastly, don't sweat it..after all you didn't get a ticket
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #3
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

I'm being nailed with a BS ticket right now. I was passing people doing 50 in a 40 (yeah, I know I was speeding, this isn't what I'm complaining about). A cop going the other way pulled a U and followed me for a while before finally hitting the lights. He writes me down for 60 and told me "we both know you were really going faster". I ask what he used to clock my speed and if I could see it and he just said "no". Dumb bastard couldn't have clocked me at all, just esimated. And his estimation is piss poor. I'll take the ticket for 10 over (but who really tickets someone for 10 over while they're clearly passing traffic to get away from it?), that's fair. But 20 over when there's no way I was doing that? BS. Still waiting on my court date...

They're using me as revenue generation. I was out of state and they probably figured I wouldn't fight it and would just pay. They've got another things comin'.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #4
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
I'm being nailed with a BS ticket right now. I was passing people doing 50 in a 40 (yeah, I know I was speeding, this isn't what I'm complaining about). A cop going the other way pulled a U and followed me for a while before finally hitting the lights. He writes me down for 60 and told me "we both know you were really going faster". I ask what he used to clock my speed and if I could see it and he just said "no". Dumb bastard couldn't have clocked me at all, just esimated. And his estimation is piss poor. I'll take the ticket for 10 over (but who really tickets someone for 10 over while they're clearly passing traffic to get away from it?), that's fair. But 20 over when there's no way I was doing that? BS. Still waiting on my court date...

They're using me as revenue generation. I was out of state and they probably figured I wouldn't fight it and would just pay. They've got another things comin'.
you can actually fight it. If he can't prove it, most likely you will win.
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #5
I'm Fred
ninjette.org member

Name: Jiggles knows

Motorcycle(s): None yet :(

Quote:

Link to original page on YouTube.

I'm Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #6
93etgocart
ninjette.org member

Name: dennis

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Honda Shadow, 2008 ninja 250

dont feel bad im currently having to pay $500 for my late to work ticket. bad thing is even with me being on overtime that day i still only make half the ticket. When if i would have been doing the speed limit and only been an hour late i only would of lost $25 so i learned my lesson real quick. oh and i was doing 85 in a 55
93etgocart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #7
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbpf View Post
HE SAYS: "Well, you went around her in the passing lane, but when you came back into your lane, you were a few feet passed the passing zone."

Anyone else ever been pulled over for this?
2011, april, first sunny weekend in 5-6 weeks. Basically everyone was out on the road riding. I was following a cager doing average of ~ 25 mph in the twisties, for the last 7-8 miles or so. I did not want to pass him because I did not see far ahead. Patience, patience, do not be an idiot. Wait. First straight, off I go, and I get pulled over.

Same explanation as yours, but I got the ticket. It was a ticket weekend. They stopped every bike they saw on that spot, and even if there were no traffic rules violations, they would fine for something like "poor visibility license plate mount" or whatever.

They do that, sometimes, That's one of the reasons I gave up road trips.
Domagoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #8
Duchess
<3

Name: Kristina

Motorcycle(s): '05 Ninja 250

I would be annoyed too, especially since you took the time and precaution to pass safely instead of darting around cars. Glad you didn't get a ticket.

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #9
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

In NYC the LEO's will pull you over for anything. They target bikes here like it's noone's business.

To give you a quick stat of what I mean:

When i was in the cage prior to the bike, I got pulled over about 3 times in a span of about 5-7 years. 1 of those was a LEO being a prick and trying to get his ticket's in. I did many stupid things in the cage including going 120-140mph in a damn 92 camry (best car ever!). Pulled over once for going 75 in a 65 (that's what he clocked me at, I was doing 95 right before I hit the brakes!).

On the Ninjette, which I have only been riding since January of this year, I have been pulled over about 7 times already! About 3 with groups, and the rest solo. I have a driving without insurance ticket, changed from textile to mesh jacket and changed wallet's so it was not on me. I have 2 verbal warning, one was warranted. The rest were just being pricks and checking for stolen bikes and anything out of DOT spec with the bike. Luckily, my bike is mostly stock with only aftermarket LED short stalk lights.

But F*** it, **** happens and the bike will continue to be ridden
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #10
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Police harrassment of motorcyclists is one of the reasons I ride with a camera rolling every inch that I move. Nothing exposes a lie like video.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #11
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

I was once followed by a cop for what probably was 10 miles or so; after the first couple of lights, I had abandoned going where I was headed to and started making random turns just to shake him off...why so anxious? I had forgotten my wallet at my girl's place anyway, after what seemed like forever with me expecting to see lights behind, cop just passes me and goes on his merry way. That's my closest encounter with the popos while on the bike.

Old July 20th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #12
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
Police harrassment of motorcyclists is one of the reasons I ride with a camera rolling every inch that I move. Nothing exposes a lie like video.
Same here, GoPro always rolling (when charged). Problem is, it records everything lol
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #13
toua70
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toua

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 and Gsx-R 750 k8 (out of commission)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
Same here, GoPro always rolling (when charged). Problem is, it records everything lol
Same here.. i have my drift rolling everytime i ride.. great investment
toua70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #14
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Fred View Post
How's about you be my lawyer, pal? Or don't post smart ass comments.

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #15
I'm Fred
ninjette.org member

Name: Jiggles knows

Motorcycle(s): None yet :(

Quote:
How's about you be my lawyer, pal? Or don't post smart ass comments.
Huh? What's making you think I wasn't agreeing with you?
I'm Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #16
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

cops dont care much about bikes here. I have been riding a year and still havent been pulled over up here. I dont think Ive been pulled up here ever in my hometown... haha
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #17
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Fred View Post
Huh? What's making you think I wasn't agreeing with you?

Old July 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM   #18
blink
Always.

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Alright this is how it works, first of all NEVER answer when a cop asks "What were you doing wrong sir?" Or "why do you think I pulled you over?"

You are admitting to fault and you can't win in court, especially since nowadays most cops have dash cams that pick up even the quietest conversations.

Second, you are speeding because you are late right? You have to get to work so you don't get in ****; cops have to look after the community and give out tickets, so that they don't get in ****?

Makes sense right? lol

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:07 AM   #19
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post

Second, you are speeding because you are late right? You have to get to work so you don't get in ****; cops have to look after the community and give out tickets, so that they don't get in ****?

Makes sense right? lol
My solution here is to wake up earlier. I've never had a problem being late to somewhere and I've never sped to prevent it.

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:14 AM   #20
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
My solution here is to wake up earlier. I've never had a problem being late to somewhere and I've never sped to prevent it.
Leaving earlier is a much better ride for me. Less traffic, lower temps, and more relaxed.

The cagers rushing to work are dangerous, a lot of times they dont even seem to be fully awake.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Coolbpf
Limp Noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
I would be annoyed too, especially since you took the time and precaution to pass safely instead of darting around cars. Glad you didn't get a ticket.
I love the color of your bike!

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM   #22
Coolbpf
Limp Noodle

I wouldn't have been late if I didn't get behind the lady going 30 mph >.> She threw a shank in my system man!

yeah I'll just leave like 20 minutes early from now lol. And make sure I'm looking for those hot red and black camaro police editions that chased me down

Old July 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM   #23
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

A local LEO drives his '69 Camaro on patrol. I've seen him initiate quite a few races with ricers and proceed to pull 'em over and nail 'em with everything in the book. Sneaky and under-handed? Oh yeah. Awesome watching dumb-asses in POS Honda Civics get pulled over because they think their life is a Fast and Furious movie? EXCELLENT!

Old July 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM   #24
Duchess
<3

Name: Kristina

Motorcycle(s): '05 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbpf View Post
I love the color of your bike!
Thank you!

Old July 23rd, 2012, 01:39 PM   #25
2012NewRider
ninjette.org member

Name: SAL

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

In the San Diego area cops are really chill cus traffic is doing 80mph in a 65mph zone and they don't do anything, as long as you're not being a fool on your bike they'll leave you alone. Then again most of the cops I know are ex-military and a lot of bikers in the area are military so they'll cut us a break.
2012NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM   #26
YMCMB
YMCMBillionaire

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R(Wrecked&Gone), 2004 Honda CBR1000RR (Trading back to dealer for 600cc)

Off duty cop raced me on memorial here in tulsa... had my r1 he had some kind of harley and hes like wanna go im like your a cop ticket time hes like nah im off duty as of 4 hours ago it was like 2 am so i thought hell I got my go pro going why not... end up going and passed him i see lights behind me im thinking this prick just got me and did the dirty thing... and then i pull to the side and 3 cop cars go flying past me. ends up as i roll on hes stopped about 2 miles ahead and then on the news it shows the next day a cop suspended for engaging in illegal street racing with another unidentified motorcyclist on a white yamaha r1 sports bike. I lol'd went to school.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:26 PM   #27
krolinked
Nerd

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ducati Hyperstrada

SPeeding? No! It's K Guys! Im a COP too!

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM   #28
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
Off duty cop raced me on memorial here in tulsa... had my r1 he had some kind of harley and hes like wanna go im like your a cop ticket time hes like nah im off duty as of 4 hours ago it was like 2 am so i thought hell I got my go pro going why not... end up going and passed him i see lights behind me im thinking this prick just got me and did the dirty thing... and then i pull to the side and 3 cop cars go flying past me. ends up as i roll on hes stopped about 2 miles ahead and then on the news it shows the next day a cop suspended for engaging in illegal street racing with another unidentified motorcyclist on a white yamaha r1 sports bike. I lol'd went to school.
Holy **** I read that as Off duty cop raped me.

I was thoroughly confused by your story until I re read it
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:43 PM   #29
xSean13

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

^^

Not everyone has the same experiences as you
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM   #30
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
They do get wild with those batons...

And if you think a car battery is kinky wait till you try a taser
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM   #31
blink
Always.

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Very true, I try to do this,

And when traffic is busy, don't lane split lol

Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #32
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

I once got a 511 dollar parking ticket for parking on the edge of disabled spot. Never met the cop as he stuffed the ticket under my seat. Took pictures of the scene and video with time stamps. Showed up to court with stuff and, since Austin is a relatively big city, had the case dismissed because they didn't want to postpone my case to a later date.

One of the prosecutors tried to talk me into taking a plea bargain by telling me my options while holding the pictures the cop himself took so I could see it in the corner of my eye

As long as your ticket is in a relatively busy area like city limits or a busy county court, rescheduling court appearances is usually the death knell. The American justice system can't hope to ever catch up to colossal amount of tickets they hand out.
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:27 AM   #33
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

I've only ever been pulled over twice. Once in my Evo (got a 75 in a 55), because the cop radared the truck going 75, saw me, and decided to pull over the fast looking car

Second time was because I was late to work. I wasn't really paying attention to my speed at the time, because it was an empty main drag that leads to the freeway, and I was in a hurry. Turns out a cop was following me ever since I turned on to the main drag, because I basically dragged my peg (this is on my CB) making a right turn on to it. Got pulled over a block away from the freeway entrance for 65 in a 25 because I was getting ready to hit the onramp. He could've arrested me for reckless and impounded my bike and such, but I think he just wanted to scare the **** out of me (he did), because he sees me all the time riding safely on that main drag.

Old August 4th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #34
R1Chronicles
Rambling Madman

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): R1 07

This video may make you laugh. jump to 10:00 mins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gvb...1&feature=plcp

This is a fun thing to do with Camera's, an old low def video though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdwwf...7&feature=plcp