ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old November 20th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Is safety (not) important?

I know it's not up to me to teach anybody but anyhow I would like to ask you the above question.
I read from so many riders getting used shocks, used calipers or used tires.

The most important things for a vehicle and especially for a motorcycle are the brakes, the tires and the suspension which for me includes the steering.

Don't you know that shocks like they are used at the GSX-R's need to have a service every 2 or 3 years?
Are you sure that this is done after you buy a five year old or elder one or what do you know from the usage of that shock?
What do you know from an used brake caliper or an used tire?
Are you sure the people selling it to you tell you the truth about it or isn't it that they more look for the money only and tell you every thing you like to hear?
Again, it's up to yourself but please think about this instead of getting injured.
So please remember it's your life and also maybe that from anybody else hanging on this little things (in the case of racing that may be different).

Good luck and have a safe ride all.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old November 20th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
What's wrong with takeoffs
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #3
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

If this were the case no one would every buy a used bike. Because if everyone replaced everything you mentioned before they rode it, they probably could have just a bought a new bike.

Old November 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #4
red5
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 15.256

I don't buy used tires, brake pads, or plugs, but anything else, sure. If you have the skills to replace an item yourself, you should be able to decide if it's mechanically sound.

My motorcycle fixing skills are pretty good. Almost as good as my nunchaku, bowhunting, and computer hacking skills.

Old November 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #5
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I've got a good used rear tire, right side has lots of life left in it left side has a small flat spot but the center is excellent. $70 shipped
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Alienjoe
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 1995 CBR600F3 "The Project"

The true definition of a "racing stripe". Mount an 8x8" section of that in a frame and sell it as art!!