Old October 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM   #1
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Get down to Cycle Gear NOW 10/23

Cycle gear is having a fall sale, so I headed over to the local one to get some oil and a filter for winterization.

Came home with a perforated leather jacket. It's the house brand (Frank Thomas) and appears to be of decent quality. Fully perfed front and back, which is exactly what I want in a jacket. Fit is good… snug. Precurved arms.

On closeout - $149.99

MINUS 20 percent because of the sale!

I just scored myself a really nice leather jacket for a buck twenty!

Also available online, basically the same price.

GRAB THIS!

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...rcycle_Jacket#
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

They have some good deals today. I bought F.T. XTi II one-piece leathers for $299. Retail is $499.

Make sure you get the lowest price. The manager told me that they were 20% off and I had him look up the internet price and volia, 40% off,

Old November 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #3
yudi250r
ninjette.org member

Name: bambang

Motorcycle(s): Red Ninja 250r 2009

link......link......

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Cycle gear is having a fall sale, so I headed over to the local one to get some oil and a filter for winterization.

Came home with a perforated leather jacket. It's the house brand (Frank Thomas) and appears to be of decent quality. Fully perfed front and back, which is exactly what I want in a jacket. Fit is good… snug. Precurved arms.

On closeout - $149.99

MINUS 20 percent because of the sale!

I just scored myself a really nice leather jacket for a buck twenty!

Also available online, basically the same price.

GRAB THIS!

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...rcycle_Jacket#

link doesnt work man......
yudi250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #4
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Just worked fine for me.

Old August 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM   #5
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Since old threads are being resurrected, thought I'd follow up on this.

Been wearing the jacket all season and I'm quite happy with it.
Before the jacket was broken in it was a bit restrictive, but now it's great. Lesson: With leather, be patient. Wear it. It will get nice.

Several weeks ago I replaced the useless foam back pad that is normal in jackets with an A* Bionic Air back protector and it fit in the pocket perfectly. Until I found the jacket deal, I was wearing a Fieldsheer mesh jacket with the pads removed and a full Velocity armor shirt with back protector underneath it. The premise was that the armor shirt would keep the pads in place better, and the armor was also of higher quality. It was a bit of a PITA to get geared up, though.

This jacket, being a full-on, heavy-duty leather item and very close-fitting, should keep the armor where it needs to be if I go down. So I've got confidence in the level of protection that wasn't there with the mesh jacket alone.

The perforations do a reasonably good job of keeping me cool, though during heat waves (90+) I either soak my shirt before gearing up or wear a cooling vest. Moving around a bit from time to time to let air flow down the neck helps (I've got clip-ons so I lean forward a bit). Vents in the sleeves would be nice, though, or gusseted sleeves that I could open up to grab some air.

This year CG has changed its branding, so the current equivalent is probably the Sedici.

Bottom line: I'd at least look at CG gear before spending big bucks on a major label. In between this and the Bilt Trackstar boots I picked up last month, CG has supplied me with some really nice gear for under $200 total. Add the back protector and I'm still south of $250 or so.

Gear list:

Joe Rocket RKT101 (Snell 2005, fiberglass/Spectra shell, made by HJC, currently on blowout at Dennis Kirk for $75! Might buy another just to have for when I retire this one.)

Frank Thomas perfed leather jacket with A* Bionic Air back protector

Fieldsheer overpants w/knee armor (can't remember the model)

Lee Parks deerskin gauntlets

Bilt Trackstar boots
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote