Notices

Old August 4th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Cortech Tail Bag

http://www.revzilla.com/product/cort...ort-tail-bag-2

Just got mine delivered today and just took it out for a spin to the grocery store to pick up some things and I must say, it is fantastic. The thing is deceptively small, looks much smaller on the bike when you're actually looking at it then it does in the pictures (a reoccurring theme it seems for anything motorcycle related: whether it's the actual motorcycle, gear, accessories....it all looks completely different in person). It has quite a spacious interior, you won't be able to fit the moon in there but for everyday traveling/errand running it is more than sufficient. It will definitely be nice to be able to ride to work in the mornings without a backpack on as well since I won't have anything blocking the air circulation in my jacket resulting in a soaked back once I arrive

I was slightly worried about the bag taking away from the aesthetics of the ninjette, but I must say those concerns were completely misplaced. It is very low profile and discreet while still being very very functional. Reading reviews for the bag everyone had good things to say about the security of the attachment hooks but obviously I wanted to try it out myself before I went and put my laptop/work stuff in it. During my little errand run I took it up to about 60 mph/~100 kmh and it stayed snug and secure.

If you were trying to decide what tailbag to purchase or on the fence because you were worried a tailbag might look dumb, I'd definitely recommend this one If anyone wants pictures I can post them up, otherwise I won't worry about it.

One thing I'll have to figure out is how to get on my baby with the tailbag attached without looking like a complete ass, it's proving to be difficult so far.

Here are a couple of pictures of the bag on the bike:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01263.jpg (143.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01264.jpg (128.5 KB, 68 views)

Last futzed with by Honko; August 7th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #2
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

link to the product?

pictures of it on your bike?

c'mon man, you should know these things by now!

Old August 4th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Honko
ninjette.org sage

You're right....I will remedy the situation! When I get the chance at least...

Old August 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #4
GreenNinja123
ninjette.org member

Name: N/A

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

will it work on the 250r with the solo cowl seat ?
GreenNinja123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja123 View Post
will it work on the 250r with the solo cowl seat ?
Not 100% sure, but mine seems like it would. The straps look long enough to go around one.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #6
Honko
ninjette.org sage

The cords used to secure the bag in place are bungee cords so I'd imagine it would be more than adequate for a seat cowl. If anything, the little added height from the seat cowl would provide more tension on the cord, giving it a more sturdy attachment. It's not mentioned in the product description and you can't really see it in the picture (I'll get some posted up this weekend), but there is a neoprene pad on the bottom of the bag that would be resting on the tail which serves the dual purpose of providing a non-slip grip as well as a soft surface so you don't have to worry about it scratching up the finish of the seat cowl

Old August 6th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #7
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #8
Honko
ninjette.org sage

I added a couple of pictures of the tail bag on the bike. Also as an update, I found a pretty good way to get on the bike with the bag on is to mount it like you would a saddle on a horse: Put your left foot on the foot peg, and then lift yourself up and kick your right leg over while your standing on the peg (stolen from a Kawasaki Versys forum )

Old August 8th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #9
kaiserz

nice bro! hey do you think a race boot will fit in there?

Old August 8th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #10
Honko
ninjette.org sage

It definitely will. I was looking around my house for stuff to shove in the bag to try and show how much it could fit, but decided not to. I was able to fit my Sidi ST's in there with a little bit of vertical room to spare; it did take up the whole horizontal space.

I can post the picture of what it looks like with the boots in there if you want.

Old August 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #11
kaiserz

That'll be awesome bro! cause I'm thinking of getting one for my commutes.

Old July 12th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #12
hirubhaiambani
Ninjette Fanboy

Name: HB

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250

Do the bungee cords rub against the paint and discolor it?
hirubhaiambani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #13
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
I added a couple of pictures of the tail bag on the bike. Also as an update, I found a pretty good way to get on the bike with the bag on is to mount it like you would a saddle on a horse: Put your left foot on the foot peg, and then lift yourself up and kick your right leg over while your standing on the peg (stolen from a Kawasaki Versys forum )
Duh!! You just made me have my big DUH moment for the day. When I wear insulated overpants in the winter, I couldn't get my leg over the bag, which prompted me to buy the saddlebags. Honestly, I'm sitting here now just shaking my head not believing that I didn't think to simply stand up on the peg when mounting the bike....

Old July 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #14
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Yamaha FZ6R, 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600

I have this bag and I really like it. I just wish the matching saddlebags were not out of stock in black everywhere.
fleemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #15
ryanG19
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r Candy Apple Lime

Could you fit a 3 inch binder into it, a laptop, plus a small lunch and a bottle of water?
ryanG19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #16
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

yes. All at same time.

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #17
ryanG19
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r Candy Apple Lime

Thanks ai4px.
ryanG19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #18
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

I've had that bag for a full year now. It holds tons and tons of stuff, camera, tripod, boots, water bottle, and a snack. The only thing I dislike about it is that it tends to slide a little forward if you have weight in it. But, if you secure the bungees a little different it won't move.

Oh and I use it to get groceries all the time...
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #19
Mr Eyebrowz
ninjette.org newbie

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2012 kawasaki Ninja 250R

So is it easy to detach to the bike? I am looking for something like this that I can put my lunch, shoes, and other stuff in the bag when I go to work but need something that is easy to detach from the bike to bring it in the building I work at. Does it have any shoulder straps? or handle to easily care it?
Mr Eyebrowz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #20
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eyebrowz View Post
So is it easy to detach to the bike? I am looking for something like this that I can put my lunch, shoes, and other stuff in the bag when I go to work but need something that is easy to detach from the bike to bring it in the building I work at. Does it have any shoulder straps? or handle to easily care it?
The cortech tail bag comes with a shoulder strap (like a purse) that clips on and a nice handle. It has bungee cords X'ed under it's bottom with nice hooks... you shorten the bungees by tieing a knot in the end. My 650 doesn't have hand grips on the side of the seat, so I had to hook to the turn signals. That was less than optimal but worked. It has a really nice neoprene pad on the bottom so it'll stay put and not slide around too much. So to take it inside with you would be like 4 bungee hooks and throw it over your shoulder.

In winter gear I had trouble lifting my leg over the bag, but I've since figured out that you step on the left peg when you mount and your leg is magically able to clear the top of the bag. doh.

Right now, mine is clipped on to my cortech sport bags. It's a nice little feature... they designed the matching saddlebags with little nylon squeeze clips. When you use the tailbag with their saddlebags, you don't have to use the bungee anymore. I hard mounted the bags and we had to extend the little clips they sent with the tail bag so that it would attach to the saddlebags.

If you don't like the bungees you can probably rig up something using their nylon clicky snaps.

http://www.cortechperformance.com/im...hangtag_r1.pdf

Wes

Old July 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #21
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

I never take mine off my bike. I have one of the cords in my helmet lock, and it's been on my bike full time for a year.

I don't know why anyone would ride with a 10lb pack on their back????
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #22
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
builds ab tone.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote