Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 30th, 2015, 12:31 PM   #1
johncrist1988
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2006 EX250-F "Sheldon" (Sold), 2010 Ninja 250R "Zeke"

Walmart MotoGP - Two Riders Arrested

Link to original page on YouTube.

I love the customer at the end waving them off at the start line :P The cops though... THAT was entirely uncalled for.

johncrist1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old July 30th, 2015, 12:35 PM   #2
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
ATGATT FTW.

They should work on their body position, though.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 02:43 PM   #3
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
"just be calm and he'll be calm with you"

terrible plan of action when dealing with a cop, they needlessly escalate situations for no reason all the time. Not always, but quite often

Old July 30th, 2015, 03:23 PM   #4
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
"just be calm and he'll be calm with you"

terrible plan of action when dealing with a cop, they needlessly escalate situations for no reason all the time. Not always, but quite often
Youre right. He should have started screaming and hitting the cop and pooping his pants in a fury of relentless anger while foaming at the mouth. Being calm is the wrong thing to do.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 03:24 PM   #5
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Well... Besides the poor conduct of the officers, I loved the video. I have a few friends I can imagine doing that.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
Youre right. He should have started screaming and hitting the cop and pooping his pants in a fury of relentless anger while foaming at the mouth. Being calm is the wrong thing to do.
no, they should have cleared out sooner to not be there when the police arrived

Old July 30th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #7
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
the cop did tell them to take their helmets off, but clearly they didn't listen.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 04:03 PM   #8
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
the cop did tell them to take their helmets off, but clearly they didn't listen.
Well, they didnt have to.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 30th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #9
adouglas
Cat herder

Words to live by:

Don't ever argue with or provoke a cop in any way. It won't end well. They're kind of like dogs that way.

Face it. The dude is armed, large, and in charge whether you like it or not. If you've got a beef, hassling him is never, ever the right thing to do. Take it up later.

You only have to watch one episode of COPS to know that this is true.

Old July 30th, 2015, 05:04 PM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 05:34 PM   #11
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Personally, I woulda went to the nearest phone booth and called the state militia, one Wrightsville was enough !
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 06:30 PM   #12
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Well, they didnt have to.
creating a disturbance on private property and a cop gives a lawful directive, and you respond they didn't have to.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 30th, 2015, 06:36 PM   #13
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
I wonder what they were charged with? Would it have made a difference if they were actually shopping at Walmart?

Old July 30th, 2015, 06:39 PM   #14
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Name: D.

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Loved it!

Obstruction was the cop's claim of why they were being arrested. What did they obstruct? The aisles with the mobile carts? Did they break the carts? Did they smash the carts or destroy the video footage? Obstruction...lol.

D.
DSomething is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2015, 06:48 PM   #15
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Quote:
creating a disturbance on private property and a cop gives a lawful directive, and you respond they didn't have to.
Before I comment, I'd like to go on record and say (you see what I did there), I would obey the cop's request. However...

A lawful directive? I get that a cop can ask you to do certain things but that's only IF they feel threatened. If there is no apparent threat, they cannot simply ask you to do something and claim it to be a lawful directive. If that was the case, a cop could ask a chick to strip right there and she'd have to do it because it was a lawful directive? Please.

Now, I get that IF these guys were being rowdy and hyper, and displaying quick movements, the cops could have argued they were afraid of being head butted with the helmets. However, these guys were as calm as calm can be and the cops didn't even attempt to talk to them NOR determine what the situation was.

Charges will be dismissed and these guys could potentially sue for wrongful arrest. Case closed.

D.

Old July 30th, 2015, 06:56 PM   #16
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSomething View Post
Before I comment, I'd like to go on record and say (you see what I did there), I would obey the cop's request. However...

A lawful directive? I get that a cop can ask you to do certain things but that's only IF they feel threatened. If there is no apparent threat, they cannot simply ask you to do something and claim it to be a lawful directive. If that was the case, a cop could ask a chick to strip right there and she'd have to do it because it was a lawful directive? Please.

Now, I get that IF these guys were being rowdy and hyper, and displaying quick movements, the cops could have argued they were afraid of being head butted with the helmets. However, these guys were as calm as calm can be and the cops didn't even attempt to talk to them NOR determine what the situation was.

Charges will be dismissed and these guys could potentially sue for wrongful arrest. Case closed.

D.
I see what you did there, you assumed the cops knew what they were walking in on in this situation. Do you have more information, are you friends with the walmart manager on duty that called the cops?

We have video evidence of these guys creating a disturbance in walmart. the employees were cleary irritated by them in the video. the video is only a few minutes, so how long were they in there, how many times were they asked to leave the store?

I hate to assume, but i will, I assume you have limited to no experience in law enforcement and are just being an armchair cop.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 30th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #17
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I see what you did there, you assumed the cops knew what they were walking in on in this situation. Do you have more information, are you friends with the walmart manager on duty that called the cops?

We have video evidence of these guys creating a disturbance in walmart. the employees were cleary irritated by them in the video. the video is only a few minutes, so how long were they in there, how many times were they asked to leave the store?

I hate to assume, but i will, I assume you have limited to no experience in law enforcement and are just being an armchair cop.
Actually, I stated they didn't know what they were walking into when I said they didn't ask any questions nor determine what the situation was...which is one of my points. Regardless, are you saying cops, when they don't know the situation, can merely arrive and start arresting people? I mean, if it was large group, riot type of stuff I can see them trying to detain people to calm the crowd. But two people? Who didn't attempt to run? Who already exited the store?

Also, regardless, are you also saying that cops can show up and, rather than ask the guys to leave the premises (they were already out of the store when they showed up), they can simply arrest them? That seems odd. And I stand by the case will be dismissed...if it even gets that far.

D.

Old July 30th, 2015, 07:11 PM   #18
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
What if he didn't speak English? In large cities where there are tons of immigrants, a lot of folks do not speak one lick of English.

All I gotta say is unnecessary roughness on the officer's part. He could've just spoke to them before pushing one against the wall. And if he felt detaining or arresting was necessary, treat them as gentlemen as they both did not show any signs of aggression.

There's a reason a lot of people say fack the police and call them pigs. There are good ones and bad ones. Unfortunately, we only get exposure (news, youtube) of the bad ones. I have friends and family on the job. I'd say 99% of the time, cops are just doing their job....trying to be as safe as possible....earning a paycheck and getting home to family safe at night. The other 1% of the time, they're probably being dickheads because they're having a bad day.

Old July 30th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #19
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSomething View Post
Actually, I stated they didn't know what they were walking into when I said they didn't ask any questions nor determine what the situation was...which is one of my points. Regardless, are you saying cops, when they don't know the situation, can merely arrive and start arresting people? I mean, if it was large group, riot type of stuff I can see them trying to detain people to calm the crowd. But two people? Who didn't attempt to run? Who already exited the store?

Also, regardless, are you also saying that cops can show up and, rather than ask the guys to leave the premises (they were already out of the store when they showed up), they can simply arrest them? That seems odd. And I stand by the case will be dismissed...if it even gets that far.

D.
so know leo experience, check. Again, these are the questions that need to be answered:

1. What was the manager reporting to the Cops?
2. Did that information combined with the guys not listening escalate the situation?
3. How many times were they asked to leave the store?

They were still on Walmart property regardless of being outside. Hell they knew the cops were there for them and they still acted like idiots.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:07 PM   #20
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Quote:
so know leo experience, check. Again, these are the questions that need to be answered:

2. Did that information combined with the guys not listening escalate the situation?
3. How many times were they asked to leave the store?

They were still on Walmart property regardless of being outside. Hell they knew the cops were there for them and they still acted like idiots.
1. No clue. But, let's say they reported that two guys were causing a disturbance inside the store and they were wearing motorcycle helmets. They were asked to leave the store numerous times but refused.

2. How did the guys not listen? They didn't take off their helmets? They were asked once, from a distance, with the cop practically charging at them. Who knew if hey heard the cop with their helmets on? The cop did not repeat his request upon being in front of them. He simply grabbed one and threw him against the wall. And, what if Cadd was right? How did the cop know if he even understood English, therefore, understood his request? Also, how did the cop know these were the guys? What if two random guys unfortunately walked into this situation? The "that information..." you stated above was never verified by any Wal-Mart employee as the cops didn't attempt to verify the information. As far as the cops knew, the guys were in the store, refusing to leave.

3. Who cares? Is there a limit on the number of times a manager can ask someone to leave before it becomes a criminal offense? I would think once is enough, no?

Also, WalMart wanted them to leave. They did. Maybe not right away, but they did. Who's to say if the cops didn't show up that these guys were not going to go on their merry way?

To be honest, if they were going to be arrested for anything, it should have been trespassing, maybe even loitering, but not obstruction. That would stick and those guys would have to pay some how.

I'm waiting for someone to say the guy who counted down the take off was in cahoots with these dudes, aided them in the criminal act, and should be arrested as well...for obstruction

D.

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:25 PM   #21
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Quote:

That's so true. Not only that, but the message may have been misinterpreted from dispatcher to officer.

Quote:
Hell they knew the cops were there for them and they still acted like idiots.
Disagree. They were telling each other "just stay calm and he'll be calm with you". They were just sitting there calmly. No sudden movements, no verbal interaction. The officer acted like an idiot. Clearly the manager/staff member was right at the door. If it were a "dangerous" situation where these guys were posing a threat, the manager/staff wouldn't be within arms length of these guys.

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:32 PM   #22
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
That's so true. Not only that, but the message may have been misinterpreted from dispatcher to officer.

Disagree. They were telling each other "just stay calm and he'll be calm with you". They were just sitting there calmly. No sudden movements, no verbal interaction. The officer acted like an idiot. Clearly the manager/staff member was right at the door. If it were a "dangerous" situation where these guys were posing a threat, the manager/staff wouldn't be within arms length of these guys.
so why did it cut out the time it took for the cop to walk to them to the cop being right in front of them? I call BS on innocent. they edited the video to limit their guilt.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:37 PM   #23
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Ahhh, only watched it once. All I saw was cop getting out of car screaming take off your helmet, then rushing the guy and using his forearm to shove him against the brick wall. Didn't watch it again. Now that I watched it again, there is a very apparent cut. It'll be interesting seeing the entire uncut version.

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:39 PM   #24
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
i read the statement on the youtube page, claiming that it happened after he refused to answer the questions from the officer.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 30th, 2015, 11:14 PM   #25
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Hopefully body cams will be mandatory for all interactions. This way everyone will be held accountable for his/her actions.

Technically, you don't have to answer any questions. If you are being detained, just provide a form of gov't ID to identify yourself and STFU. Then let a lawyer do the talking. What does the 5th amendment allow? For you to STFU so you don't incriminate yourself. Again, there's a right and wrong way to go about this. If you want to play lawyer with a cop, and he really wants to mess around with you, he will. Heck, cops are almost licensed killers. Shoots you in the leg. Claims accidental discharge. He'll get a desk job while they investigate. Months go by, the public forgets about it. He's back on the street. So if you're gonna fack with a cop, you're likely not going to win.

If I were these guys, I would've apologized to the officer. Bam, he gets to go back to his car and drive to a Dunkin Donut and you get to go home to upload a cool ass video on youtube to get $$$$. Win-win for everyone.

Old July 31st, 2015, 02:01 AM   #26
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Now that's funny, good clean fun.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 31st, 2015, 03:08 AM   #27
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Maybe they didn't read this http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...n-police-state
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2015, 08:02 AM   #28
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
But they're not black. Only blacks get shot. C'mon mang, know ur facts!

/sarcasm

Old July 31st, 2015, 09:20 AM   #29
keebler
ninjette.org member

Name: keebler

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r race bike, ninja 300, rmz 250 flat tracker, xr100 pit bike

completely immature. these people need to grow up, this is something a child would do. i really don't find this funny at all. clearly they were told to leave and did not, so they deserve what they got. so many motorcyclists and motovloggers on youtube do the dumbest and most annoying **** to get views. kinda makes motorcycle and sport bike riders look like complete idiots who constantly crave attention.
keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2015, 10:03 AM   #30
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Quote:
i read the statement on the youtube page, claiming that it happened after he refused to answer the questions from the officer.
Ah, OK. If that's the case, then yes, obstruction! Finally! And, if the dudes were really being smartasses with the cops, I would also tack on trespassing and loitering

I still think it was a funny prank. Immature? Absolutely! But funny.

D.

Old July 31st, 2015, 10:18 AM   #31
ilias
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ilias

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by keebler View Post
completely immature. these people need to grow up, this is something a child would do. i really don't find this funny at all. clearly they were told to leave and did not, so they deserve what they got. so many motorcyclists and motovloggers on youtube do the dumbest and most annoying **** to get views. kinda makes motorcycle and sport bike riders look like complete idiots who constantly crave attention.
Here, have a Snickers.
ilias is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2015, 10:23 AM   #32
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Quote:
Actually they weren't told to leave, according to people who have witnessed the uncut video which has all the talking in it. If they were told to leave and didn't, then they'd be guilty of trespassing. If they weren't told to leave, then they're guilty of nothing except being a little foolish. I thought it was funny.

They can be told to stop until the universe explodes and they're not breaking any laws. The only recourse Wally World has to deal with rule breakers is to throw them out, which is backed by trespassing laws.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2015, 12:00 PM   #33
adouglas
Cat herder

Quote:
kinda makes motorcycle and sport bike riders look like complete idiots who constantly crave attention.
Wait, you mean....

we're not?

Old July 31st, 2015, 01:04 PM   #34
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
At the 2:10 mark he was told to stop, then it cuts out.
At the 2:30 mark the employee was looking at him and pointing to the door.

guess if you aren't listening and ignoring people then you can say what you want about being asked to leave. I saw that encounter as a clear jester to leave.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 31st, 2015, 01:44 PM   #35
keebler
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r race bike, ninja 300, rmz 250 flat tracker, xr100 pit bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Wait, you mean....

we're not?

ya you probably do ride for the attention and crave it. I don't, i actually have a passion for motorcycles and its not an attention thing for me. if i did it for attention, id just buy a gsxr that i couldn't use the full potential of, like you did.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 31st, 2015, 02:04 PM   #36
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
I do it for the attention. Actually, everything I do in life is for attention. When I roll home into my driveway, I rev to redline and let all my neighbors know I'm home before I pull into the garage. In the morning, when I leave for work, I honk my air horn of my Jeep Rubicon to say good bye to my kids and they, in return honk the train horn that I've installed on the deck, notifying me that they acknowledged my good bye to them.

Wait a minute....no one else.....umm, never mind.

Old July 31st, 2015, 02:25 PM   #37
keebler
ninjette.org member

@cbinker i think the two of us are the only ones who realize how stupid the two idiots in this video are. clearly they were not welcomed at walmart and clearly the workers tried to get them to leave. if you can't see that in the video you are either blind or completely ignorant.

Old July 31st, 2015, 03:14 PM   #38
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Ooooooohh this is starting to get good. Complete with blanket judgemental statements a and personal attacks.

Shots fired!! Bravo!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2015, 03:37 PM   #39
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
@cbinker i think the two of us are the only ones who realize how stupid the two idiots in this video are. clearly they were not welcomed at walmart and clearly the workers tried to get them to leave. if you can't see that in the video you are either blind or completely ignorant.
Wouldn't say we are on the same page, you are probably on page 1 book 1 of a 30 book series that I and many of the other guys/gals on this forum have read already.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 31st, 2015, 03:47 PM   #40
johncrist1988
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2006 EX250-F "Sheldon" (Sold), 2010 Ninja 250R "Zeke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Ooooooohh this is starting to get good. Complete with blanket judgemental statements a and personal attacks.

Shots fired!! Bravo!
Yeah, tell me about it. The entertainment value is increasing gradually.

We're ALL a little foolish by nature just being riders -- we scoff at the inherent safety of plastic and metal cages so we can ride on naturally unstable sets of two wheels.

But hey, who am I, right?

I ride a sport bike, so I'm sure if we crossed paths you wouldn't wave at me @keebler
johncrist1988 is offline   Reply With Quote