ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 18th, 2016, 05:11 PM   #1
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Brake Rotor Diameters

I'm looking at options for replacing my brake system. Can anyone confirm the stock front brake rotor diameter (290mm? front) and tell me whether or not oversized rotors (300, 310, 320mm) are compatible with the stock calipers? Similar information for the rear rotor would be appreciated.
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2016, 06:25 PM   #2
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
don't know what stock diameter is, it would probably take you all of 3 seconds to do a search and find out that info.

Regardless what the OEM size is, any rotor of a larger and or smaller diameter for that matter will not work with the stock caliper setup. Some kind of mounting bracket would need to be bought/made in order for things to line up, fit and work properly

a good bit of info on the website about oversized rotors.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...w.ninjette.org

^ it's that simple

And for the last part, don't waste your time on the rear brake/rotor setup it already works better than you most likely need it too.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2016, 08:36 PM   #3
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

I've done my share of Googling. There is info on the pregen rotors, but I haven't come across any posts that explicitly state the dimensions of the stock rotors for the newgen bikes.
Very little is planned for the rear setup, just a refresh of the system after having gone without a rear brake for most of the bike's riding life.

I figured I would have to fabricate a bracket, but some baseline dimensions in order to be able to make a later comparison would be nice to have.

Edit: And son of a gun I just found the front: https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165140
290mm
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 19th, 2016, 04:58 AM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
i guess i was wrong, it took me closer to 7 seconds to find it

google, (2012 ninja 250r specs) its the 3rd link down

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/31974/...ki-ninja-250r/

And if you looked through the google search i posted in the first post you might have come across these posts, if you contacted Jay i'm sure he would help you out with either dimensions or whatever if you wanted to fab your own bracket. Not sure if Jay has any of them laying around still or not, either way i think sv racing still makes the tokico ones.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193123

there are some pictures of the brembo 310 setup on page 3 in this thread if interested.
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177974

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2016, 08:46 AM   #5
Mohawk
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): ZZR250, VFR800

Replacing the front with a larger size will require a spacer bracket, but you can then use the original caliper. Best bet would be a 320mm with the correct caliper spacer braket. I'm sure you can buy kits for this.

Leave the rear alone, 220mm is a standard size, and its more than powerful enough as stock.
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote