Old August 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #81
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
This is a stupid idea.

My wife took off on the Ninjette and left me, and I had to be surgically removed from the ring.

If the decision has been made that you will get a bike, do it, but do it right.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #82
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
Wow, took me a couple months but I just saw this lol. Thats actually exactly what I believe. Im not saying that im going to go out and ride crazy and not care because if it's my time, im gone, but if not, im safe. I'll still ride with safety being my main priority no matter what. I just more so mean, every day there's a chance of dying. A motorcycle does have a great risk, but so does driving a car, or crossing the street, ect.
Once again, if you don't recognize that a bike is much more dangerous than a car simply because they can both get you killed, you are going to make some very poor decisions with that logic. It's a matter of degrees.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #83
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Once again, if you don't recognize that a bike is much more dangerous than a car simply because they can both get you killed, you are going to make some very poor decisions with that logic. It's a matter of degrees.
I think you're misunderstanding me lol. I completely understand motorcycles are more dangerous, because of no surrounding metal, 4 wheel stability, ect. What I'm saying is, though, that I have just as good of a chance getting killed in a car accident then I do on a bike.

Im not saying its as safe as a *Edit* Car. I understand all risks and accept them. I've got all my gear. I've taken the MSF. I'm reading and doing everything that I can possibly do to be safe once I get the bike. My point it though, like stated before, I just believe if it's my time, it's my time. It doesnt matter whether I'm in a car, on a motorcycle, crossing the street, on a boat, what ever. If it's my time, it wont be specifically because I got a motorcycle. Its hard to explain I guess.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #84
LazinCajun
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 (Blue!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
I think you're misunderstanding me lol. I completely understand motorcycles are more dangerous, because of no surrounding metal, 4 wheel stability, ect. What I'm saying is, though, that I have just as good of a chance getting killed in a car accident then I do on a bike.

Im not saying its as safe as a *Edit* Car. I understand all risks and accept them. I've got all my gear. I've taken the MSF. I'm reading and doing everything that I can possibly do to be safe once I get the bike. My point it though, like stated before, I just believe if it's my time, it's my time. It doesnt matter whether I'm in a car, on a motorcycle, crossing the street, on a boat, what ever. If it's my time, it wont be specifically because I got a motorcycle. Its hard to explain I guess.
You're having trouble explaining it because you're contradicting yourself. "More dangerous" in this case means "bigger chance of dying / getting injured seriously." That is the exact opposite of "i have just as good of a chance getting killed in a car accident."

CZRoe is dead on with this -- that kind of thinking is akin to ignoring the risks, which IMO can only make those risks bigger. If you don't think that the choices you make can have an effect on when you pass, then why even bother with the gear?

Life isn't a final destination movie (thankfully.. those movies suck ).
LazinCajun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #85
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Uhm... but I just said I am all about safety and that I am doing all I can possible to be safe. I got all my gear before hand. I've read books. Took the MSF. All I'm saying is, a point that I make to people, is that the fact that I get a motorcycle doesnt mean I'm going to die. That fact alone is not determining my fate. Get it?

Im not Ignoring the risks. Im fully aware of all the risks and am doing all I can. I'll be ATGATT. Im making all the right choices. :-\ Im just saying, because Im getting a motorcycle has nothing to do with me going to die. If indeed we do have a "set date" then on that set date, motorcycle or not, anything can happen. Thats just me though. I get where you all are coming from no doubt. I think anyone who does squiddy things are stupid, especially the guys with no helmets. I'm not ignoring the risks. I'm fully aware of all risks.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote