ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old February 16th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Pre-gen aftermarket mirrors, turn signals, and windscreens.

I did not intend to post this yet so the title doesn't imply that I am asking questions (sorry). Anyway, my friend recently bought a neglected 250 and had a bunch of questions that I kinda botched in the other two threads, so I split them across three. Here's the last one.

The windscreen is missing. I suggested that he go with the Zero Gravity double-bubble, especially because he plans to paint it and I'd want to see him try something like this:

Where is the best/cheapest place to get one? How would you prep one to paint (I'm sure it doesn't just stick to it like it would to the sanded ABS)?

At first he said that the previous owner replaced the mirrors with something else that required him to widen the mirror mounting holes on one side but now it looks like they are just missing some spacer piece or something. Because he doesn't like the pointy bar-ends that the guy also installed, should he just get bar-end mirrors with replacement bar-ends and be done with it? Another option are those on eBay with integrated turn signals. I say this because he doesn't like the "tear-drop shaped" ones that are already installed (I think those are the fake CF ones I see on eBay often advertised as "flush-mount").

Now, assuming he doesn't go with integrated mirror blinkers and still wants to replace those tear-drop shaped ones, I'd like to know where everyone gets the "pod" ones that are colored like the body (See the green ninjette pics above). You know: The ones that aren't "stalks." I have a feeling that it was once OEM and that Kawi switched to the stalks to meet some "distance apart" requirement for some country. I think this is why the tails has pods for blinkers and a pop-out piece for a tag light (fender added w/ stalks to widen distance between signals, tag relocated w/ new light).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM   #2
TonyKZ1
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 1975 Kawasaki KZ400D (Sold), 1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II

Well, as a place to get the windscreens, you can go directly to zero gravity, they have an online store and an outlet store. They also sell on eBay occasionally.
One of the most popular vendors of the turn signals is Asian Cycle. On their website it looks like they're discontinuing their line of Ninja 250 turn signals and tail pod kits sometime around the end of February. You can also find them on Ebay.
Tony

Old February 24th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
Well, as a place to get the windscreens, you can go directly to zero gravity, they have an online store and an outlet store. They also sell on eBay occasionally.
One of the most popular vendors of the turn signals is Asian Cycle. On their website it looks like they're discontinuing their line of Ninja 250 turn signals and tail pod kits sometime around the end of February. You can also find them on Ebay.
Tony
Thanks, Tony. We ordered the Asian Cycle signals. Anyway, are they just a popular vendor for them or are they the actual manufacturer/source? I know I'd like some if I ever get a pre-gen. I've seen the ZGOUTLET stuff on eBay but it's still too expensive (seems full-price).

Old February 25th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #4
TonyKZ1
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 1975 Kawasaki KZ400D (Sold), 1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II

The Asian Cycle was the popular vendor for them and posted quite a bit over on the other Ninja 250 site. I'm pretty sure they actually made them too as they would . Yes, the ZGoutlet stuff on eBay is kinda expensive, only $10-20 or so from retail it seems like. They do occasionally have 2nds available and those are around half price, I believe.
Tony

Old February 25th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
The Asian Cycle was the popular vendor for them and posted quite a bit over on the other Ninja 250 site. I'm pretty sure they actually made them too as they would . Yes, the ZGoutlet stuff on eBay is kinda expensive, only $10-20 or so from retail it seems like. They do occasionally have 2nds available and those are around half price, I believe.
Tony
Thanks. Their website doesn't really explain what they mean by "2nds." Second-hand? Returns?

Old February 25th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #6
TonyKZ1
ninjette.org member

The statement should on there somewhere, but it means there's a slight blemish or something visually wrong with it. It's still useable but won't look as good as a perfect new one. More than likely however you won't be able to see the blemish as I've bought from them and other companies before and couldn't find whatever problem they had found that was wrong with it.
Tony