Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old July 4th, 2010, 05:43 AM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I'm happy

The Tour De France has started. I'm stoked. Looking forward to some good racing. Glad to see Lance beat Contador. Contador is supposed to be good at TT, but Lance turned it on. Awesome way to start it out!

Oh and Floyd Landis is a prick.

That is all.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #2
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

its taking alot of space on my dvr
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

I hear that. I cleared out quite a bit on mine. I also have the iPhone app that will stream video, give me live updates, etc on the race.

I am a geek. lol

Old July 4th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #4
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

i was catching up a few minutes ago and wow

those were some brutal pile ups

Old July 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Guinss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Simen

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R (Black)

Watching this year as every year. Cheering for Thor Hushovd for the green jersey. Cavendish is a prick!

AND,
all the official camera bikes there, are Kawasaki
Guinss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Cavendish is good---but he is becoming a legend in his own mind. I like Thor. He is mature, competent, and has a great personality. I dislike Contador. I consider him a punk. I suspect that he will learn race etiquette and sportsmanship the hard way. His arrogance will be short lived in that field of professionals.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

I agree with you about Contador. He is full of himself, thinks he is the reason there is a tour, and he will not do as good as he thinks he should do. He will break away too early, and burn out trying to make up time. I doubt he will have the support of his team the way that Basso, Armstrong, etc, have.

Old July 5th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #8
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Hmmm, also glad the TdeF is on, don't have to listen to that obnoxious drone that goes on during the world cup.

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #9
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I agree with you about Contador. He is full of himself, thinks he is the reason there is a tour, and he will not do as good as he thinks he should do. He will break away too early, and burn out trying to make up time. I doubt he will have the support of his team the way that Basso, Armstrong, etc, have.
Contador may find himself in the same situation he put Lance in last year. Vinokurov may just pull the same stunt. Had Contador listened to Johann Bruyneel, there would have been three Astana members on the podium--Contador, Kloeden, and Armstrong. He and Vino are both uncoachable. The massive exodus from Astana to Radio Shack certainly speaks well for Bruyneel, Radio Shack, and, Armstrong. The fact that Armstrong did not "bad mouth" Contador must have irritated Contador no end. Lance never stooped to the level of that punk.

Old July 5th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

No he didn't. That is why I respect Lance so much. He had so many opportunities to say something. You could tell that he was upset about what Contador was pulling, but he kept his cool.

I guess he didn't want to argue with an idiot, because they'd drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old July 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #11
Sailariel

I have a tremendous respect for Lance. In 2004 when I got diagnosed with cancer, his foundation provided me with information and moral support as to what I should do and what the consequences of my decision would be. The American Cancer Association was lame in giving information and moral support--like "You are gonna die,man". I opted for surgery and the LAF was with me all the way---in fact, they are still with me. This is a charity I support 100%. I only give to two charities--Disabled American Veterans (DAV) and (LAF). I can honestly say that I owe my life to Lance's organization. I did take up cycling very seriously in 2004, and it put me physically, in a position to endure a six hour surgical event. I have been riding ever since. I don't have a Trek--started with a Fuji AL (which I still ride) and ended up with an Eddy Merckx Premium (Scandium). I also have an assortment of bikes that I restored totalling six bikes. In the past two years, I have ridden the Ninja 10600 miles and my bikes close to 11000 miles. I also took up bicycle mechanics and have an exceptionally busy shop. I do mostly restorations of vintage racing machines. The TDF is an event I look forward to every year. It is truly an epic event. Today's stage certainly showed the leadership and sportsmanship of Fabio Cancellera. Were he as arrogant as Contador, he would have kept the yellow jersey. He is well respected in the Peloton, and it is well deserved.

Old July 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #12
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Amen to that. I typically do a few donations myself. These include: LAF, the 100 club, local radio station (listener supported), local PBS and the MS Society.

I do some others on occasion, but that is mainly it. I fully support LAF because I have lost several people due to cancer (two of which were due to smoking), and I know I'd like to have a place to go to if I was ever in the same shoes. Speaking of which, I want to purchase the new Livestrong jersey and bib.

I did get the Team RadioShack setup, which I hope to wear on the ride this weekend. I don't know though. It is a 52 mile ride and it has been a month since I took a serious ride on my bicycle. I may put on my gear and do an easy, high-cadence, 20-25 to get my legs going again. We shall see. Maybe I'll hop on my trainer tomorrow night and go for a 2-hour ride after I get home from work. Then I can sit in AC comfort while watching the TDF and getting exercise. WIN WIN!

Old July 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #13
Sailariel

Mark, you should be able to do 52 miles. Just take it slow until you warm up, and then go for it. I have to start slow as well, because the medication I have to take maxes my heart out at 105---makes getting rid of the Lactic Acid a challenge. I have adapted and have no trouble doing a century. It is just a matter of pacing yourself. Congrats on the Radio Shack Kit. That has to look impressive. Now you need a Madone to go with it. Watched the TDF yesterday and have to say that I was really impressed with Fabio Cancillara's leadership. Vinokurov dropped Contador as I had predicted. Lance is the least of Contador's problems. A team that has two people who want to be a star is not a team. It was also a treat to see Eddy Merckx in such good spirits. He was not only a great rider, but he also makes a hell of a nice bike.

Old July 6th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #14
Guinss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Simen

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R (Black)

Nice to see Hushovd win today, and also get a nice lead on Cavendish.
Guinss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #15
Sailariel

Agreed! Thor is a true professional, a great sportsman, and a credit to Norway. I have watched him for years, and he gets better and better. I hope he does well in this tour.

Old July 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #16
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

There is so much talent on the tour this year.

I still can't get over all the crashes in the first two stages. lol

Old July 7th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #17
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Got caught up with stage three last night, so much drama and things are just starting. Looking at some of these riders after a pile up makes me cringe some thing terrible . I haven't been able to ride worth a flip lately. My knee is protesting any physical exercise heavily and I have been short on everything including time.

Old July 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #18
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Does it protest even short gearing? Put that sucker in 1st gear and just cruise easily around to work it without much resistance.

Old July 7th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #19
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Does it protest even short gearing? Put that sucker in 1st gear and just cruise easily around to work it without much resistance.
yeah, I can't even really move it without some soreness and pain. It doesn't look swollen at all, nor it is painful to the touch, but any movement and it lets me know its there. Granted its only been a short while, perhaps I will just give it some more time.

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #20
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Oh that sucks Neil. Hope it gets better soon.

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #21
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
yeah, I can't even really move it without some soreness and pain. It doesn't look swollen at all, nor it is painful to the touch, but any movement and it lets me know its there. Granted its only been a short while, perhaps I will just give it some more time.
Neil, It probably would not hurt to see a doctor who specializes in athletic injuries. Additionally, you might try taking some Glucosamine with Chondroitin and some Hyaluronic Acid---available in health food stores and places vitamins are sold. It sounds to me like you have torn some cartilige and that this problem is causing friction when you move. Friction means pain. I doubt that this will go away on its own. Orthoscopic surgery may ultimately be the answer. It is not a major procedure. They go in with a scope and then straighten out the cartilige or shave it a little to get rid of the friction. It is an outpatient procedure. My wife had both of her knees done and is doing fine. She still faithfully takes her Glucosamine and her Hyaluronic Acid to keep the joints lubed.

Old July 8th, 2010, 04:53 AM   #22
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

My wife is pushing me to have it checked out now. I think I probably will have to get it done. I will look into getting some of the items you mentioned though as joint pain has been something I have had for years (just not the knees until now )

Old July 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #23
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Take care of it before it gets too bad. I have been known to work through pain, but not able to even pedal is serious man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 8th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #24
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Oh and cavendish did a good job on the sprint. I was impressed. His teammate went a bit late I thought, but he did get the jump while others were waiting for someone else to make a move. Let's see if he can pull off another.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #25
Sailariel

Mark, Did you catch what Vinokurov pulled on Contador in Stage 3? I guess Contador was supremely pissed. I can't understand why? It seems that he (Contador) pulled the same caper on Lance last year. I don't want to wish evil on anybody---but I would like to see Contador get his a** handed to him. His arrogance is really obnoxious.

Old July 8th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #26
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
My wife is pushing me to have it checked out now. I think I probably will have to get it done. I will look into getting some of the items you mentioned though as joint pain has been something I have had for years (just not the knees until now )
Neil, I was a Physician's Assistant in the ER for 11 years. Believe me, you definitely need to get this checked out before you do enough damage to necessitate a knee replacement. The joint pain you have been experiencing for years appears to be a signal that there is some sort of underlying problem. You DO need to see a doctor who specializes in athletic injuries. Call the football coach at your High School or nearby college and get a recommendation for a doctor. You do not want to go to a a regular Orthopaedic Doctor--they seem to lean in the direction of surgery--which should be the absolutely last resort. Good luck. It is really not as bad as it seems to you now. Trust me, you will feel a hell of a lot better after you have seen someone who knows how to treat joint problems.

Old July 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #27
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Mark, Did you catch what Vinokurov pulled on Contador in Stage 3? I guess Contador was supremely pissed. I can't understand why? It seems that he (Contador) pulled the same caper on Lance last year. I don't want to wish evil on anybody---but I would like to see Contador get his a** handed to him. His arrogance is really obnoxious.
I'm with you. Contador just needs to be cornered and beaten with a pedal wrench. lol

Is that wrong of me?

Edit: I'd rather listen to Cav all day long compared to C'dor.

Old July 8th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #28
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Neil, I was a Physician's Assistant in the ER for 11 years. Believe me, you definitely need to get this checked out before you do enough damage to necessitate a knee replacement. The joint pain you have been experiencing for years appears to be a signal that there is some sort of underlying problem. You DO need to see a doctor who specializes in athletic injuries. Call the football coach at your High School or nearby college and get a recommendation for a doctor. You do not want to go to a a regular Orthopaedic Doctor--they seem to lean in the direction of surgery--which should be the absolutely last resort. Good luck. It is really not as bad as it seems to you now. Trust me, you will feel a hell of a lot better after you have seen someone who knows how to treat joint problems.
I know, I know. My wife is a EMT-P, and she is riding me pretty hard about it. I got a reference from a co-worker who is a part time coach at the high school. I will shoot them a call and get an appointment.

And yes, it was definately a little sweet justice with Contador.

Old July 9th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #29
Sailariel

Neil, Good decision. Am sure your wife will be relieved. We medical people can be tough---nothing personal. I really want to see you back on your bike. It's a Zen Thing.

Old July 13th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #30
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Andy did a great ride today. I wish he managed to drop Contador, but you can't get everything you want. Right now I'm cheering for Andy. I wouldn't mind seeing Levi work it out either.

I feel bad for Evans...he was so upset that he didn't do better this stage.

Old July 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #31
Sailariel

I feel so bad for Lance. The poor guy was up to his a** in Gremlins. At least it was all stuff that had nothing to do with his athletic ability. Contador would really look silly if he gloated. It's not like he dropped Lance. I do think that Lance is going to attack him in the Pyreneese just for grins and giggles.

Old July 14th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #32
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

You and me both. I'd like to see something good to happen to Lance for a change this tour. He did say he wanted to win one stage this tour. So I hope he whoops his (Contadors) ass.

Side note: I need to keep a tube of SPF15 on my person when I go riding. I logged 52 today (started late and didn't get home until just before 3:30pm) and I was wearing my mountain bike jersey. It is sleeveless. So I got a little burn on my shoulders where the fabric rubbed the lotion off due to very little cloud cover. Oh well. At least I won't have those distinct lines that my normal sleeved jersey gives me.

My hands on the other hand have the sexy glove tan...tan up to my wrists, then zero tan on my hand, but 3/4 of my fingers are tan. I look like a dork, but I don't care!!

Old July 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #33
Sailariel

Mark, Considering the absolutely garish kits we wear when riding, why worry about asymetric tan lines? I also think that a certain amount of dorkiness is cool. I belong to the United Bikers of Maine. Most of the members ride H-D and other cruiser type bikes. There are a few 'Wings and Bimmers. For the most part the members wear Black T-Shirts with the UBM Logo. I ordered a pink T-Shirt. I like pink--goes well with my black leathers. I have never placed much importance to what others think. To me, it is important what I think.

Old July 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #34
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

If I thought about what others thought, I wouldn't be on the road in cycling gear. Apparently a lot of people hate cyclists, hate how they take up "their" road, and hate that people would even think about wearing cycling shorts and jerseys. LOL

Screw everyone else!!! hahahahaha

Life it too short.

I mean if I worried about what others thought, then I would have pulled my avatar showing me in the MS150 wearing Team BP gear. lol So many people hate BP because something bad happened to the company that could of happened to anyone. Just because something bad happened to the company doesn't mean everyone associated with the company is a bad person.

Old July 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #35
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Just because something bad happened to the company doesn't mean everyone associated with the company is a bad person.
Right, what it means is that not only is everyone associated with the company a bad person, their entire families are bad people, along with any of their neighbors or acquaintances.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #36
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Apparently LOL

Old July 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #37
Sailariel

I thought that it was incredibly dumb that people started boycotting BP and ARCO stations. The station owners are simply vendors and have nothing to do with BP or ARCO. That makes about as much sense as boycotting a Supermarket because it sells Coca Cola.