ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old June 4th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #1
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

New group on Facebook

It just recently formed and has about 48,000 members.

1,000,000 People Who Want to Plug the BP Oil Spill With Sarah Palin

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...25721827457718
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #2
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue 250R

i'm joining as soon as i get home. shes such a dumb bitch. "drill baby drill" is dumbed down redneck rhetoric specifically designed by smart people to appeal to the dumber masses. it's clever ya know, turning a political agenda into a cheer for stupid people to repeat to their friends while they all run around unknowingly hypnotizing each other.

Old June 4th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #3
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

If I wasn't in the job market I would join also. What made me shoot beer out of my nose was when she said the Obama administration was too cozy with the oil industry. hmmm

nb

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #4
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

I would prefer "1,000,000 people that know where to stuff obamacare, right down the BP oil spill."
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #5
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

It was her sponsorship of aerial wolf hunting in Alaska with a $500 reward for severed forelimbs that really set me against her. It's one thing to keep down the population of apex predators. It's quite another to make them nearly extinct.
Everything else she's done has just been more rocks supporting the mountain of evidence proving her idiocy.

Joining now

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
I would prefer "1,000,000 people that know where to stuff obamacare, right down the BP oil spill."
This.

Now, can we stop politicizing this forum? Please? It may be the off-topic forum, but all that can come of this is that we lose respect for each other over unrelated issues (nothing to do with ninjette.org topics).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #7
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:

Too late though - oil will hit beaches in my area in a few days.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #8
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
This.

Now, can we stop politicizing this forum? Please? It may be the off-topic forum, but all that can come of this is that we lose respect for each other over unrelated issues (nothing to do with ninjette.org topics).
Even though I posted on this thread, gotta agree with JET. I am one of those that discuss politics and leave it at that, everybody has different opinions on things. Just don't want it to get out of hand and end up with animosity.

nb

Old June 4th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #9
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I need to run for president

Old June 4th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #10
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
I need to run for president
Yeah, right. Who'd vote for YOU?!

OK, I might.

Old June 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #11
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Please people, pretend we are in a bar!

NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION.

Keep that for real life, and alleys where you can punch someone.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #12
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Who cares... We all respect each other here. This is the only forum I would feel confident I can post views of politics and not get flamed. We all know to separate our personal feelings from the political discussion.
Posted via Mobile Device
dimeified is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #13
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimeified View Post
We all know to separate our personal feelings from the political discussion.
Famous last words!

Can't we all just get along, don't taze me bro!
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #14
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

lol

Old June 11th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #15
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

She may be dumb but she's hot....
Wait.... I take that back.
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #16
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Quote:
lol
Holly... you're right by me. That's scary.
When I get a bike we should ride together.
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #17
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab305 View Post
Please people, pretend we are in a bar!
Who's buying the next round?!!

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #18
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Anyone know if BP is paying outta their damn pocket for this whole Oil spill clean up?

US Taxpayers SHOULD NOT have to pay for BPs idoicrocy!!!

After all, BP made 17 billion dollars in pure profit last year!

"We need to raise Gas prices cuz the rest of the US should suffer paying $5/gal, due to BP being TARDS!"
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #19
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
Anyone know if BP is paying outta their damn pocket for this whole Oil spill clean up?

"We need to raise Gas prices cuz the rest of the US should suffer paying $5/gal, due to BP being TARDS!"
Wrong thread.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47311

Try that one.

That said, BP has promised that the taxpayers will not be paying for this.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old June 14th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #20
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

better question about facebook is..

do we have a ninjette.org facebook group?? thatd be ill

Old June 14th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #21
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
do we have a ninjette.org facebook group?? thatd be ill
Yup.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #22
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

yeah we do.

Old June 15th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #23
tabogon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (Metallic Island Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post

They are actually paying a lot of money out of pocket. On top of the spill control itself, they are paying the people that are temporarily laid off, the fishermen that can't work due to the spill, and from what I have heard (might be more rumor than truth though, FOX News isn't the best news source) they are getting fined by the government for environmental reasons and will be "donating" a whole lot of money to OSHA.

Sadly though, they will probably still raise gas prices and quote the same old supply and demand reasons.

Old June 15th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #24
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
I guess you didn't know that the health care reform that passed is only about 30% of what Obama wanted and had planned. The other bogus 70% is thanks all in part to congress who changed it so much that even Obama isn't all that happy about the new plan.

Too many people are quick to blame the one face when it's really the 100 faces of the senate that are 90% at fault for what's wrong with this country. When you have senators that have been in the same seat for over 50yrs and are so corrupt they have no more honesty left in them it's painfully obvious who is screwing this country up (pssst it's not the president). They even used back door politics to approve the $700billion bailout even after the people voted no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabogon View Post
They are actually paying a lot of money out of pocket. On top of the spill control itself, they are paying the people that are temporarily laid off, the fishermen that can't work due to the spill, and from what I have heard (might be more rumor than truth though, FOX News isn't the best news source) they are getting fined by the government for environmental reasons and will be "donating" a whole lot of money to OSHA.

Sadly though, they will probably still raise gas prices and quote the same old supply and demand reasons.
There has also been movement from the EPA in which they are looking at disbarment on BP which would cause them to lose EVERYTHING in the US. I've been doing a good amount of reading on them and it's just sickening how much congress has been protecting them over the years. BP Alaska has had 3 disbarment's on them from the EPA already. They have over 760 safety violations (Exxon only has one fyi) with very little credibility in changing.

The EPA is looking at a total disbarment of BP which would prevent them from any future contracts and leases in the US and even cancel the current ones. This would cost BP the loss of some 22,000 wells in the US and billions in revenue. The military would also have to find a new fuel supplier since apparently BP is the biggest supplier of fuel to them.

I think we should all support the EPA in kicking BP out the US for their lack of concern for safety and OUR environment. I think we should also send Palin packing with them, but that's just because I think the witch should be burned at the stake. How can you like someone that approves aerial hunting of wolves, sued the government for putting polar bears under protection because it interfered with oil drilling, fought for approval of more mountain top removal coal mining and oil drilling both in and offshore of the Alaskan wildlife reserves, made it city policy as mayor for rape victims to have to pay for their own rape kits, and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting?
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #25
bobguy
ninjette.org member

Name: steve

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post

I think we should all support the EPA in kicking BP out the US for their lack of concern for safety and OUR environment.?
Kicking BP out of the Gulf would be the SUREST way to make US TAXPAYERS pay the bill. It would also mean all BP employees jobs in the US would be gone and their families would pay the price. And you probably would too in one way or another.

People talk of BP as if it some abstract monster company...there is no BP...there is no BIG OIL... there are only PEOPLE. People that profit, loose, work, don't work...executives, vice presidents, field ops people, marketing people, sales people....janitors...stockholders...stakeholders (such as yourself...mutual funds anyone? you are probably invested in BP). BP employs people across the spectrum.

If it was some criminal conspiracy to purposefully create this mess then the PEOPLE responsible should be held accountable. However kneejerk reactions that would devastate the lives of all those NOT responsible is nothing more than mindless mob mentality...like burning witches because we disagree with them.

Additionally it is just unproductive. Assuming there is no conspiracy there for ya'll to hand your tin foil hats on, then this incident was an ACCIDENT. BP is trying to make it right...get the hell out of the way and let them.

Old June 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #26
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobguy View Post
Kicking BP out of the Gulf would be the SUREST way to make US TAXPAYERS pay the bill. It would also mean all BP employees jobs in the US would be gone and their families would pay the price. And you probably would too in one way or another.

People talk of BP as if it some abstract monster company...there is no BP...there is no BIG OIL... there are only PEOPLE. People that profit, loose, work, don't work...executives, vice presidents, field ops people, marketing people, sales people....janitors...stockholders...stakeholders (such as yourself...mutual funds anyone? you are probably invested in BP). BP employs people across the spectrum.

If it was some criminal conspiracy to purposefully create this mess then the PEOPLE responsible should be held accountable. However kneejerk reactions that would devastate the lives of all those NOT responsible is nothing more than mindless mob mentality...like burning witches because we disagree with them.

Additionally it is just unproductive. Assuming there is no conspiracy there for ya'll to hand your tin foil hats on, then this incident was an ACCIDENT. BP is trying to make it right...get the hell out of the way and let them.
Thank you.

Old June 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #27
bobguy
ninjette.org member

Name: steve

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
i'm joining as soon as i get home. shes such a dumb bitch. "drill baby drill" is dumbed down redneck rhetoric specifically designed by smart people to appeal to the dumber masses. it's clever ya know, turning a political agenda into a cheer for stupid people to repeat to their friends while they all run around unknowingly hypnotizing each other.
speaking of dumbed down rhetoric...hows that "Hope and Change" working out for you

good thing smart people don't fall to stupid rhetoric like that eh?

Ever notice that ALL any politicians ever say in public is vague campaign slogans.

"Drill Baby Drill" is at least articulating a position on a relevant issue.

"Hope and Change"....really....who's going to oppose "Hope"...or "Change" these are vague, abstract, warm, fuzzy, sweet nothings of a slogan that conveys no specific meaning and are meant simply to unite people who completely disagree with each other but are too stupid to realize it. In fact this slogan characterizes Obama's campaign well. It was a evershifting, positionless regurgitation of populist entitlement mentality propaganda that was completely unwilling to take a stance on anything (other than Bush sucks) and wasn't apparently very memorable as the few campaign promises made have been utterly ignored. Sort of like Bush Sr "read my lips...no new taxes" or Bush Jr. who campaigned on "no nation building".

Oh I agree about Palin's use of "drill baby drill" but this is typical of ALL politicians. At least the rednecks are honest about their positions during the campaign. More than we can say for the jello like current admin.

Ok I'm done reading this thread...like has been mentioned it brings out a not-so-civil side in me. I like the people on this forum way too much keep following this.

Cheers

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #28
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Step one is stopping the $^%#ing leak. No one seems to know how to do this. We can put a man on the moon, but apparently no one can stop the oil gushing from a man-made well on the ocean floor... So sad!
How long will this travesty continue? It's been almost 2 months. I find it hard to believe that people can be so complacent about the destruction of our eco-system.
My thought is that even *IF* BP pays up for the human toll, lost incomes and shoreline clean-up (and that is a HUGE *IF*. They will most likely go bankrupt and skip back across the pond only to re-emerge as a separate entity!), who is going to compensate the animals and wildlife for their loss of life and their pain and suffering? There seems to be a dollar value placed on a loss of income, but our wildlife is disposable...
/Rant mode off/
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #29
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Actually it wouldn't be us paying the bill. Right now if we allow BP to continue business as usual in the US it WILL be us who pays via them increasing their fuel price to compensate for the costs of this blunder. Those jobs wouldn't be gone, they would transfer to a new owner. Once BP loses all rights to any property in the US, the wells would either be taken over completely by the government or taken over by another company that (unlike BP with over 760 safety violations) operates lawfully and safely.

Quote:
People talk of BP as if it some abstract monster company...there is no BP...there is no BIG OIL... there are only PEOPLE. People that profit, loose, work, don't work...executives, vice presidents, field ops people, marketing people, sales people.... janitors... stockholders... stakeholders (such as yourself...mutual funds anyone? you are probably invested in BP). BP employs people across the spectrum.
The reason people use BIG OIL and BP is because it identifies the group of people, not because there is some strange monster, but rather that the people at the top making the decisions are the monsters. Nope, don't profit off of them, don't have mutual funds, not invested in anything.

Quote:
If it was some criminal conspiracy to purposefully create this mess then the PEOPLE responsible should be held accountable. However knee jerk reactions that would devastate the lives of all those NOT responsible is nothing more than mindless mob mentality...like burning witches because we disagree with them.
The idea of kicking BP out of the US is to lock that particular company out of doing illegal and dangerous business activities in the US. They have repeatedly failed to follow safety and ecological protocols over and over again. This company and those that run it are out for profit with no care as to who they hurt. They have been disbarred 3 times already for not following regulations. They have had more then one major accident with deaths and oil spilling involved. They have shown a pattern of complete lack of respect for both their employees lives and the environment. How long should we allow a company who refuses to follow regulations, puts peoples lives at unnecessary risk, destroys the environment, and continues to show no sign of changing for the better to operate within our boarders?

If BP were a single person with a record like BP's they would have been executed a long time ago for mass murder, destruction of property, and various other crimes.

Quote:
BP is not doing all they can to make it right. They have failed every attempt to stop the leak they caused. They have refused help from outside organizations with more expertise and experience with deep sea operations. They have been very slow to respond in providing aid to those whose lives and livelihood are impacted by this. They have also been slow and weak in their response to dealing with oil in the water. They have refused to acknowledge oil plumes caused by their leak and failed attempts to stop it and clean it up that have been identified by several separate scientific communities. They have attempted to downplay the damage the leak is causing to the environment in order to escape responsibility for said damages.

Shall I continue in how BP as a company has failed over and over and over again? Or shall you open your eyes and see that they are a company that should not be allowed to remain in business and all property be given to a company that will act responsibly and safely?
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #30
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Continuing to allow BP to do "business as usual" according to their terms, is like rewarding bad behavior.
I can make my voice heard by spending my money elsewhere.
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #31
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

You've seen this from the other thread, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4oooyqe_8

Amazing how "technology" hasn't progressed in over 30 years, except to be able to drill deeper, still with no safety considerations. And don't forget Halliburton, whose faulty cementing of the well casing contributed to that one too, as well as the well in Australia that leaked years ago. Way to go, Cheney and your cronies. It all comes down to anything for a buck, cut corners when you can to make more money, don't care about the consequences. It's time for someone to bear the blame and spend time in jail and forefit their ill-gotten fortunes to pay for the cleanup and lost livelihood of "the small people" - that may give the CEO's a little lesson that they can't continue this way.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #32
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
She may be dumb but she's hot....
Wait.... I take that back.
any woman with her looks, money, and lack of brains approached me in a bar i'd hit it

Old June 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #33
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
speaking of dumbed down rhetoric...hows that "Hope and Change" working out for you

good thing smart people don't fall to stupid rhetoric like that eh?

Ever notice that ALL any politicians ever say in public is vague campaign slogans.

"Drill Baby Drill" is at least articulating a position on a relevant issue.

"Hope and Change"....really....who's going to oppose "Hope"...or "Change" these are vague, abstract, warm, fuzzy, sweet nothings of a slogan that conveys no specific meaning and are meant simply to unite people who completely disagree with each other but are too stupid to realize it. In fact this slogan characterizes Obama's campaign well. It was a evershifting, positionless regurgitation of populist entitlement mentality propaganda that was completely unwilling to take a stance on anything (other than Bush sucks) and wasn't apparently very memorable as the few campaign promises made have been utterly ignored. Sort of like Bush Sr "read my lips...no new taxes" or Bush Jr. who campaigned on "no nation building".

Oh I agree about Palin's use of "drill baby drill" but this is typical of ALL politicians. At least the rednecks are honest about their positions during the campaign. More than we can say for the jello like current admin.

Ok I'm done reading this thread...like has been mentioned it brings out a not-so-civil side in me. I like the people on this forum way too much keep following this.

Cheers
Look i don't disagree with you, the democratic party used the same tactics to win over the uneducated american public. I didn't vote, I used to feel i was a conservative republican, but now I can't say I am anymore. Both sides have pros and cons that i love or hate. Either way, both parties appealed to the uneducated crowds with their pep-rally banter and simplified dumbed down appeals. Just watch the movie Idiocracy. The day that candidates behave in a well mannered fashion that doesn't resemble a high school class president contest, i will begin to respect political affiliation. Personally I felt insulted by the expectation of the lack of intelligence that both parties exhibited when trying to win me over.