ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old July 31st, 2012, 07:27 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Looking for cheap place to buy multiple motorcycle tires

I'm shocked that I simply cannot find a retailer that offers any kind of discount for buying two motorcycle tires as a set (front/rear). My friend needs tires for his bike too so I was hoping to find some place we could negotiate with on four tires. I had hoped to look at the discount for a single set vs. individual tires to use as a starting point, but the only sets I see cost more than sourcing the two tires apart from each other! This is pretty frustrating. How flexible are dealers on tire pricing when you are also paying them to loose-mount? I intended to get a tire mount/demount bar and mount for myself, my friend, and others, but they don't have to know that.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 07:36 AM   #2
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

I usually have to get the front and rear from 2 different sources to get the best pricing. Let us know if you find a dealer willing to help you out on this.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Some shops offer free shipping if you buy 2 or more tires. I've seen some good package deals on more common sportibike tire packages, but for the less common sizes (like ours), I haven't seen screaming package deals either.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:30 AM   #4
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

www.rockymountainatv.com seems to have the best prices to me.

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:55 AM   #5
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

They don't carry the BT-016's rear in a 150 but they do have the new S20's in both front and rear sizes.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM   #6
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

You can buy takeoffs at your local race track for cheap.

Old August 21st, 2012, 08:37 AM   #7
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I'm shocked that I simply cannot find a retailer that offers any kind of discount for buying two motorcycle tires as a set (front/rear). My friend needs tires for his bike too so I was hoping to find some place we could negotiate with on four tires. I had hoped to look at the discount for a single set vs. individual tires to use as a starting point, but the only sets I see cost more than sourcing the two tires apart from each other! This is pretty frustrating. How flexible are dealers on tire pricing when you are also paying them to loose-mount? I intended to get a tire mount/demount bar and mount for myself, my friend, and others, but they don't have to know that.
I found the michellin pilot 2 tires I wanted with a discount of $20 from compacc.com ... but my local dealer charges $20 more to mount tires he doesn't sell to me.... so I just bought them from him.