ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Notices

Old August 7th, 2019, 09:18 AM   #201
Ducati999
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I find it hard to believe, with all the racers and track riders on this forum, that no one had anything to say about my riding. I see a few things that I will address in another post but I was really hoping for some positive and negative feedback from those that know more than I do about riding.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2019, 01:24 PM   #202
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
I find it hard to believe, with all the racers and track riders on this forum, that no one had anything to say about my riding. I see a few things that I will address in another post but I was really hoping for some positive and negative feedback from those that know more than I do about riding.
seems like it's crickets for the both of us. Lots of views, but little to no commentary. I enjoyed talking to you about your issues and breakthroughs this weekend, but I don't have the skill and the knowledge to critique you

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2019, 07:25 PM   #203
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T, Ninja250R racer, Ninja250R street bike, EX250F#1, EX250F#2, VF500F, CBR600RR

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
On-board video is not as helpful as from rider ahead or following you.

Ant's been making great progress since beginning of this thread. Really only thing needed is lots more track time. Every 100-hrs on track is good time for review and check-in. I send all videos in to my coaches and don't hear back that often unless there's something obvious that needs correcting. Otherwise, it's getting in the hours that's important.

One thing you can work on is hitting apexes more precisely; some of them are off by 4-5 feet. And making your lines consistent lap after lap. Maybe slow down bit if needed.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; August 10th, 2019 at 01:47 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2019, 04:16 PM   #204
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

sounds like, and i could be wrong, its like your running a gear to high.
seams the motor should wind up a lot faster on corner exit , its all about feet per second, as you exit your last turn its a drag race to the next.
i do admit i watched ony a few laps.
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2019, 03:00 PM   #205
Ducati999
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
sounds like, and i could be wrong, its like your running a gear to high.
seams the motor should wind up a lot faster on corner exit , its all about feet per second, as you exit your last turn its a drag race to the next.
i do admit i watched ony a few laps.
I have a big V-twin Ducati so it will rev a little slower than the I-4 bikes as 10,000 RPM is all I get. I was not opening the throttle to 100% after the corner so I would not have to upshift before the next turn. I was working on being smooth with my throttle roll on and working on an issue I had been experiencing while leaned over. I had just figured out the issue and was trying to run some smooth laps. I will work on hitting the apexes tighter as you suggested and I am going to try to run the entire track in 4th gear so I can stay on the power longer and carry more speed.

Old August 10th, 2019, 01:45 AM   #206
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T, Ninja250R racer, Ninja250R street bike, EX250F#1, EX250F#2, VF500F, CBR600RR

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Riding big bike like Ninja 250!!! Awesome!!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2019, 06:42 PM   #207
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
The quick and the raw from my review of the vid.

Turn rate is pretty good but still a bit too slow to up the entry speed much more with same confidence
Move your hands/fingers more often to keep good blood flow and looseness on the bars
There is a hesitation when your bikes goes from full lean from side to side (most likely your body position catching up to the bike vs being ahead of the bike... aka, "hip flick") You can literally see the bars wiggle and the chassis become unstable, smooth out your bp movements cause its kinda choppy
Hit the hard apex of turn 3 more often

Overall nice job hitting the lines
So happy to see that rider's lines in front of you don't become yours
Keep doing what your doing to improve, this is much better riding vs the last time we talked. Maybe you just like this track more or are more comfortable with the layout/flow.

Well done sir, keep having fun!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2019, 01:34 PM   #208
Ducati999
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
The quick and the raw from my review of the vid.

Turn rate is pretty good but still a bit too slow to up the entry speed much more with same confidence
Move your hands/fingers more often to keep good blood flow and looseness on the bars
There is a hesitation when your bikes goes from full lean from side to side (most likely your body position catching up to the bike vs being ahead of the bike... aka, "hip flick") You can literally see the bars wiggle and the chassis become unstable, smooth out your bp movements cause its kinda choppy
Hit the hard apex of turn 3 more often

Overall nice job hitting the lines
So happy to see that rider's lines in front of you don't become yours
Keep doing what your doing to improve, this is much better riding vs the last time we talked. Maybe you just like this track more or are more comfortable with the layout/flow.

Well done sir, keep having fun!

Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to review my video, I know how busy you are right now. I will take all your advice to heart and continue to apply it to the track.

PS: I am only more comfortable with Palmer because it is the only track life seems to allow me to ride!