ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

A Tale of Two Daves

Yesterday I went riding with my friend Ducati Dave. Duc Dave invited his friend Gsxr Dave to come along. Both of them are over 45 years old and have been riding street and doing track days for a long time. They are all about helping new riders and promoting safe riding habits...

Duc Dave rode his very not stock 1098 and we met gsxr Dave at a gas station. Gsxr Dave just bought a stock 05 zx10. Of course the inevitable happens. "So Dave who is this kid that you brought out?" "O this is Cam." Then Gsxr Dave looks at my bike. "Seriously!? Is that a ninja 250... I have a ton of bikes at home. You could've borrowed the R6... Wait, is this guy a new rider?" Duc Dave laughs, "Cam how long have you been riding?" "Uhh, almost 6months now." Gsxr Dave, "You know I ride at the track in the A group. That's like pro level experience. Your bike is a good beginner bike but you can't keep up with us. We'll talk about the route and wait for you at each stop." I just nodded. Duc Dave laughed and said, "He'll be fine, he doesn't need a sport bike to embarrass you."

We take off and as soon as we hit the back roads I start winding all the gears out. As I'm hitting 85 I hear the cacophony behind me. Both Daves blow by me like I'm standing still. I figured they would wait at the stop sign for me. Nope, they slow down roll the stop sign and drag race each other over the hill. Great, so the order of the day is going to be full tuck, wide open, and replacing chicken strips with scorch marks. A few more turns and I see the zx10 in front of me. I figured gixer dave was waiting for me to catch up. I get behind him and start following him through the corners. About halfway through a long right handed sweeper I feed in some rear brake. I get so close to the zx10 I could touch his tail light. Gsxr dave kicks it up a notch and after killing my drive slams the throttle open and completely pulls away on the straight. I soak him up while he is on the brakes and I show him a wheel on the outside. Gsxr Dave is getting upset and starts going WFO.

I thought I would mention how cool it was to see the ridiculous power that liter bikes have. Gsxr Dave would pour it on at the exit and the bike would squat and start loosing traction over the bumps. By the time I would get the bike stood up he was at least 20 bike lengths ahead. Both Daves had no fear of going WFO on every damn straightaway.

The road tightens up a bit and now I'm breathing down Gsxr dave's throat. It was a frustrating experience. In order for me to pass him it would require me to dive under him and block him. His riding style was strange. He would use the zx10s superior brakes and acceleration but would surprise me because his cornering speed was mediocre. Finally I found a quick right with a left hand sweeper. I cut the yellow line on an early apex then slammed the door on him hard on the brakes into an almost hairpin right.

Gsxr Dave wanted his pride back and so I was pulling out all the stops. I kept the bike spinning above 10k rpms the whole time and I was over gripping the throttle so I could easily get back to wide open. I might as well have replaced the throttle with an on/off switch. I wanted gp shift too. It's hard keeping the bike on boil in sweepers while trying to get my toe under the shifter haha. Eventually we made it to the tight roads. (crockett and Martinez for you norcal folks). Gsxr and Ducati Dave weren't even in my mirrors after four or five turns.

Gsxr Dave had all kinds of excuses when we stopped for lunch. O well I just bought this bike and the tires suck, the suspension needs to get reset, I just did a track day on the gsxr and I'm not used to the zx10, the zx10 was down on power, blah blah. Then Duc dave starts laughing and he says, "Cam how much power does that 250 make?" 26hp maybe. Gsxr Dave left early and took the freeway home because he was so bummed out.

Ducati Dave and I ended up finishing the ride...after a little mishap. A kid on a gsxr 600 decided to race me and dave and a cop tagged him passing me at 106 mph. The cop pulls well ahead of us and flies over the top of the hill. Obviously those two left me in the dust so I saw the cop and turned at the bottom of the hill. I guess Dave and the kid on the yellow gsx didn't see him until they got to the top where he was parked on the side of the road. Talk about not paying attention. Both of them were even and they didn't let off until after 120. The 250 struggles to do 70 mph up this road. Duc Dave got popped for the ticket because the chp figured we would all try and run so he had to pick one of us. Don't ride a red ducati, apparently cops like those. Duc Dave told the cop don't bother hunting for me because I was doing the speed limit and he was behind me and the yellow gsxr passed us showing off. The cop only tagged the gsxr before he started pursuit so he gave Dave a 65 in a 55. Plus one for the slow 250.

Duc Dave still wanted to finish the ride after we "regrouped" aka I came out of hiding lol. Most Ducati owners park at starbucks with their 17 grand bike and pose. Duc Dave has replaced a couple of his ducatis because the other ones went flying off a cliff...or onto someone's porch.

The ride home was like riding with @rojoracing53, except even worse. Duc Dave is extremely confident on roads he knows. I tried. I slapped the rev limiter a lot, I was pushing that ninja as hard as my self preservation would let me, way harder than I should EVER on the street, but that 1098 was untouchable. I snagged a pass on Duc Dave when he got hung up trying to get around some cars. I got on the straight and in full tuck I was wringing my sowing machine of death out. Then I hear the BRAAAAAAHHH and the 1098 blurs by me and Dave throws his hand out as if he was saying, should've borrowed my 996.

Duc Dave has never really ridden with me before until yesterday. He looks at my bike and says, "I think it's time for you to get a 600." I told him, "No, I promised myself I would keep it for a year. Plus Jason is still faster so I know there is more to squeeze out of the bike." He said, "You probably could spend a lifetime trying to equal him only to realize that none of us will be as fast as him." "I pulled away from him once, I can do it again."

Yesterday I was pretty stressed out and tired and my attitude was sour about the ride. Today I think about it and as horrible as this sounds, that was one of the most fun and terrifying street rides I've ever been on. The 23 year old in me was really shining through. How Duc Dave is still alive is a testament to how solid a rider he is. While gsxr Dave may talk himself up a bit too much, he is no squid. Ducati Dave says that while he may be cautious around the corners, no one has to worry about him crashing. Although I'm still not sure if it's necessary for him to remind us on the freeways that his bike can go 170mph. Seriously, both of them were doing 3rd gear roll ons over and over. I literally just pinned the bike and practically stayed even with them as they would stage, race, then roll off and set up again haha. How they haven't gone to jail yet I have no idea.

Although the little 250 took out it's big brother. A good rider on a great bike will always best a good rider on a sloooow bike, but surprisingly the gap isn't as wide as I thought. Actually I'm totally lying, being passed at 135 mph is the ultimate reminder I'm riding the most pathetic motorcycle ever. Although I need to avoid group rides for awhile before I get myself arrested
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #2
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Us at the Crocket warehouse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (158.1 KB, 24 views)

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

On the ninjette, I'd rather chase erratic riders from behind, than try to keep them behind on a bike with 1/6th the hp. It's fun to keep up and watch a faster bike struggle. It's less fun to have that same rider blow past every time the road straightens out the least bit and a moderate roll-on puts him well into the distance anyway.

Street riding isn't supposed to be that stressful. If you're that worried about what the riders around you might do, it's just not a fun experience.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #4
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Man, I must be a really boring 20-year-old rider. When I start feeling uncomfortable, I slow down. I never race through roads I don't know, and I really enjoy a cruise over a race. I think I ride as safe as half the old men on this board.

Great story!! Just don't forget that you're on a road...
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #5
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
Yesterday I went riding with my friend Ducati Dave. Duc Dave invited his friend Gsxr Dave to come along. Both of them are over 45 years old and have been riding street and doing track days for a long time. They are all about helping new riders and promoting safe riding habits...

Duc Dave rode his very not stock 1098 and we met gsxr Dave at a gas station. Gsxr Dave just bought a stock 05 zx10. Of course the inevitable happens. "So Dave who is this kid that you brought out?" "O this is Cam." Then Gsxr Dave looks at my bike. "Seriously!? Is that a ninja 250... I have a ton of bikes at home. You could've borrowed the R6... Wait, is this guy a new rider?" Duc Dave laughs, "Cam how long have you been riding?" "Uhh, almost 6months now." Gsxr Dave, "You know I ride at the track in the A group. That's like pro level experience. Your bike is a good beginner bike but you can't keep up with us. We'll talk about the route and wait for you at each stop." I just nodded. Duc Dave laughed and said, "He'll be fine, he doesn't need a sport bike to embarrass you."

We take off and as soon as we hit the back roads I start winding all the gears out. As I'm hitting 85 I hear the cacophony behind me. Both Daves blow by me like I'm standing still. I figured they would wait at the stop sign for me. Nope, they slow down roll the stop sign and drag race each other over the hill. Great, so the order of the day is going to be full tuck, wide open, and replacing chicken strips with scorch marks. A few more turns and I see the zx10 in front of me. I figured gixer dave was waiting for me to catch up. I get behind him and start following him through the corners. About halfway through a long right handed sweeper I feed in some rear brake. I get so close to the zx10 I could touch his tail light. Gsxr dave kicks it up a notch and after killing my drive slams the throttle open and completely pulls away on the straight. I soak him up while he is on the brakes and I show him a wheel on the outside. Gsxr Dave is getting upset and starts going WFO.

I thought I would mention how cool it was to see the ridiculous power that liter bikes have. Gsxr Dave would pour it on at the exit and the bike would squat and start loosing traction over the bumps. By the time I would get the bike stood up he was at least 20 bike lengths ahead. Both Daves had no fear of going WFO on every damn straightaway.

The road tightens up a bit and now I'm breathing down Gsxr dave's throat. It was a frustrating experience. In order for me to pass him it would require me to dive under him and block him. His riding style was strange. He would use the zx10s superior brakes and acceleration but would surprise me because his cornering speed was mediocre. Finally I found a quick right with a left hand sweeper. I cut the yellow line on an early apex then slammed the door on him hard on the brakes into an almost hairpin right.

Gsxr Dave wanted his pride back and so I was pulling out all the stops. I kept the bike spinning above 10k rpms the whole time and I was over gripping the throttle so I could easily get back to wide open. I might as well have replaced the throttle with an on/off switch. I wanted gp shift too. It's hard keeping the bike on boil in sweepers while trying to get my toe under the shifter haha. Eventually we made it to the tight roads. (crockett and Martinez for you norcal folks). Gsxr and Ducati Dave weren't even in my mirrors after four or five turns.

Gsxr Dave had all kinds of excuses when we stopped for lunch. O well I just bought this bike and the tires suck, the suspension needs to get reset, I just did a track day on the gsxr and I'm not used to the zx10, the zx10 was down on power, blah blah. Then Duc dave starts laughing and he says, "Cam how much power does that 250 make?" 26hp maybe. Gsxr Dave left early and took the freeway home because he was so bummed out.

Ducati Dave and I ended up finishing the ride...after a little mishap. A kid on a gsxr 600 decided to race me and dave and a cop tagged him passing me at 106 mph. The cop pulls well ahead of us and flies over the top of the hill. Obviously those two left me in the dust so I saw the cop and turned at the bottom of the hill. I guess Dave and the kid on the yellow gsx didn't see him until they got to the top where he was parked on the side of the road. Talk about not paying attention. Both of them were even and they didn't let off until after 120. The 250 struggles to do 70 mph up this road. Duc Dave got popped for the ticket because the chp figured we would all try and run so he had to pick one of us. Don't ride a red ducati, apparently cops like those. Duc Dave told the cop don't bother hunting for me because I was doing the speed limit and he was behind me and the yellow gsxr passed us showing off. The cop only tagged the gsxr before he started pursuit so he gave Dave a 65 in a 55. Plus one for the slow 250.

Duc Dave still wanted to finish the ride after we "regrouped" aka I came out of hiding lol. Most Ducati owners park at starbucks with their 17 grand bike and pose. Duc Dave has replaced a couple of his ducatis because the other ones went flying off a cliff...or onto someone's porch.

The ride home was like riding with @rojoracing53, except even worse. Duc Dave is extremely confident on roads he knows. I tried. I slapped the rev limiter a lot, I was pushing that ninja as hard as my self preservation would let me, way harder than I should EVER on the street, but that 1098 was untouchable. I snagged a pass on Duc Dave when he got hung up trying to get around some cars. I got on the straight and in full tuck I was wringing my sowing machine of death out. Then I hear the BRAAAAAAHHH and the 1098 blurs by me and Dave throws his hand out as if he was saying, should've borrowed my 996.

Duc Dave has never really ridden with me before until yesterday. He looks at my bike and says, "I think it's time for you to get a 600." I told him, "No, I promised myself I would keep it for a year. Plus Jason is still faster so I know there is more to squeeze out of the bike." He said, "You probably could spend a lifetime trying to equal him only to realize that none of us will be as fast as him." "I pulled away from him once, I can do it again."

Yesterday I was pretty stressed out and tired and my attitude was sour about the ride. Today I think about it and as horrible as this sounds, that was one of the most fun and terrifying street rides I've ever been on. The 23 year old in me was really shining through. How Duc Dave is still alive is a testament to how solid a rider he is. While gsxr Dave may talk himself up a bit too much, he is no squid. Ducati Dave says that while he may be cautious around the corners, no one has to worry about him crashing. Although I'm still not sure if it's necessary for him to remind us on the freeways that his bike can go 170mph. Seriously, both of them were doing 3rd gear roll ons over and over. I literally just pinned the bike and practically stayed even with them as they would stage, race, then roll off and set up again haha. How they haven't gone to jail yet I have no idea.

Although the little 250 took out it's big brother. A good rider on a great bike will always best a good rider on a sloooow bike, but surprisingly the gap isn't as wide as I thought. Actually I'm totally lying, being passed at 135 mph is the ultimate reminder I'm riding the most pathetic motorcycle ever. Although I need to avoid group rides for awhile before I get myself arrested
I had to check the calendar to see if it was the first of April.

Old March 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #6
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Cool story bro, tell it again
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #7
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

MOTM - Jan '13
It is true that there was this one time I just couldn't stay with the little red ninja that could and had to concede and swallow my pride at least until we came around a corner and found a sheriffs truck parked waiting for us. Then Cam tucked his tail between his legs and chilled the rest of the way home.

I can't wait to meet this GSXR Dave because if he had issues with the lil red ninja he'll be speechless when the pizza delivery bike shows up

I love the PRO level thing, I had to put my phone down I was laughing so hard. I recall dreading going out in A group and having the next fastest rider a mere 10seconds of pace its like hauling ass on the freeway while everyone is doing the speed limit

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #8
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Man, I must be a really boring 20-year-old rider. When I start feeling uncomfortable, I slow down. I never race through roads I don't know, and I really enjoy a cruise over a race. I think I ride as safe as half the old men on this board.

I love Cams stories because although their all true, he has this way with words that spice it up so a cool story suddenly becomes epic

I hope cam doesn't get to fast because he's chill demeanor and riding style remind me of how I should be riding and keep me in check.

When I was leading Jiggles ride over the weekend and the fast SM rider I was riding with split off to ride with a friend and I suddenly found no one in my mirrors. So before I knew it I was going way faster then then anyone should be going until I forced myself to stop and wait then proceed to keep the group in sight like a good ride leader should. I'm starting to think the 250 is to much bike for the street, maybe I'll import a 150

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #9
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #10
aeroblade
Doh!

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

That was quite an interesting read mate. But as you can see from you're own post that little bike is not as pathetic as it would often seem to be Man, I never wanna part with the 250 if I could. Those Kawi bas***** made one hell of a lil bike!
aeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #11
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

That was so interesting, i looked at it and was like nah im not reading all that. Read one paragraph and got hooked. Damn you

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #12
hirubhaiambani
Ninjette Fanboy

Name: HB

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250

Cool Story Bro!
hirubhaiambani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #14
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I remember when cam and I were about equal in terms of skill. I think he had 400mi on his ninjette at that point.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #15
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Great story!

More please.
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #16
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Quote:

Thanks. I didn't really make the stressful part clear. I got my drivers license on my 16th birthday and I still have a clean record. I really don't want to deal with the police. I prefer really tight roads where hitting 60mph on the straight sections requires a really good drive out of a turn. The Daves like being able to use liter bike power. The little ninjette is totally out of its element on high speed roads and I'm not totally comfortable blowing by a cop at triple the speed limit.

On the street I never out ride my abilities. If I'm not feeling it or what not then I slow down. The police ordeal kinda killed the ride for me. I read the pace and its important to remember that everyone has a different skill level which directly determines their "safety margin." People like cc_cowboy and rojoracing53 are probably getting 100% out of their race bikes so on the street when they use what feels like 60% of what a bike can do it will feel like 90% to average street riders because most riders only ever use 60 to 70 percent of the bikes capabilities.

Ch you did a track day. When I did my first big bike track day I passed 600s and I got an r1 to tuck the front when I passed him on the outside and scared him. Remind me not to run c group again. C group at a track day shows how little most riders get out of their bikes. So while I may ride what looks like really fast on the street. I keep a nice safety bubble and the 250 has pretty low limits that its comfortable pushing the bike.

Old March 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #17
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroblade View Post
That was quite an interesting read mate. But as you can see from you're own post that little bike is not as pathetic as it would often seem to be Man, I never wanna part with the 250 if I could. Those Kawi bas***** made one hell of a lil bike!
Ducati Dave mentioned that the 250 is the ultimate sleeper bike. He has a ducati gt1000 that he uses to beat up on newer riders but he said that he had no idea that the lil 250 was so capable. The same places the motards dominate the ninjette can excel. That's where you can pick on big bikes.

Ducati Dave is always trying to get me to ride his r6 or 996. With my luck someone would probably hit me while riding one of his bikes and I can't afford to replace either of them. But as much as I would love a faster nicer bike, I'm scared about how much faster I would go. Roads that aren't that fun on the 250 would be really fun on a bike that can get the front wheel light at 100mph.

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #18
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Ch you did a track day. When I did my first big bike track day I passed 600s and I got an r1 to tuck the front when I passed him on the outside and scared him. Remind me not to run c group again. C group at a track day shows how little most riders get out of their bikes. So while I may ride what looks like really fast on the street. I keep a nice safety bubble and the 250 has pretty low limits that its comfortable pushing the bike.
Yeah I know what you mean. I learned a whole new definition of the word "fast" at the track. However I'm terrified of crashing, so that voice in the back of my head that says, "back off man, back off" is louder than most. So while I'm never anywhere near my limits on the road at whatever speed I choose, I always end up slowing down because I don't want something unexpected to hit me on a corner.

Also, the novice group (the c group) at Mid-Ohio is forbidden to pass anywhere except the back straight, so I ended up humping the tail of the same CBR rider the whole afternoon, which really cut into my entry speed on every turn because he braked way too early. I ended up taking a hot pit to get out of traffic twice.

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #19
aeroblade
Doh!

Quote:
Ducati Dave mentioned that the 250 is the ultimate sleeper bike. He has a ducati gt1000 that he uses to beat up on newer riders but he said that he had no idea that the lil 250 was so capable. The same places the motards dominate the ninjette can excel. That's where you can pick on big bikes.

Ducati Dave is always trying to get me to ride his r6 or 996. With my luck someone would probably hit me while riding one of his bikes and I can't afford to replace either of them. But as much as I would love a faster nicer bike, I'm scared about how much faster I would go. Roads that aren't that fun on the 250 would be really fun on a bike that can get the front wheel light at 100mph.
I pulled off an unintentional rolling wheelie on my 2fiddy today while trying to escape a tight spot so as to avoid getting run over. So I cannot really imagine what it would feel like to gas a supersport lol. I'm definitely not there yet and I have a long way to go and lot of respect to develop for these higher beings and my little green monster is getting me there one step at a time. Its been almost nine months with it and I'm still madly in love with it. I learn new things everyday and I keep loving it even more. So my view point might be a bit biased to say the least even though what you say makes perfect sense...

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #20
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Hell, it's been 3 years and I'm still in love with mine. And that includes an entire season spend on a CBR600F3 as well.

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #21
aeroblade
Doh!

Quote:
Hell, it's been 3 years and I'm still in love with mine. And that includes an entire season spend on a CBR600F3 as well.
I feel you bro!!!

Old March 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #22
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

You have plenty of experience at 9 months. I think riding other bikes is important in helping rider skills. The 600s are easy to manage in 90% of street situations. Under 8k rpms they aren't going to get away from you. The R6 doesn't really wake up until 12 or 13k. Below 8 a 600 is like the ninjette at full throttle. You can crack the throttle way open and the 600 just accelerates really fast. Duc David's 1098 has had port and polish, Ecu dyno tuned, full termignoni exhaust and a lightened flywheel, and light weight wheels. It has the power now feel. At 4 or 8k rpms the bike wants to kill you haha. Being a twin its very linear. Linear as in no matter how fast you're going wot makes the world blur. The 996 feels good on the street. Manageable power and your wrist determines where you want to be in traffic. Hella fast back in 1999 but not so much today.

Careful though after testing those bikes riding my 250 was painful. Especially after riding the R6. My ninjette felt like it had a spark plug missing. I laughed because I realized I just got off a bike that had 5 times the horsepower. It took me almost a month to appreciate my bike again.

Old March 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #23
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Idk, after spending a summer on the CBR, I had huge respect and excitement for a 600, but at the same time it really showed me how unrealistic a 600 was for me. Before that point, I wanted one so desperately I was ready to trade the ninjette. I loved my time on the CBR. Absolutely loved every minute of it. But it made me realize that the ninjette is perfect for my riding needs. Until that changes or until I want something new, I'm sticking with what I have.

Old March 26th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #24
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Well it goes to show you should start on a little bike if you want to be good on a litre bike.

And people called dave are arses.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #25
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletmo View Post
That was so interesting, i looked at it and was like nah im not reading all that. Read one paragraph and got hooked. Damn you
same here!
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #26
aeroblade
Doh!

I've been riding for more than 15 years now actually and yea I know what you mean. I would have gotten the R6 instead of the 250 but thankfully its pretty hard to get one here since they are not in the market even now. I'm pretty happy with my choice since I later found out that Id have had a tough time with the R6 if I had gotten that instead.