ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old October 19th, 2015, 04:10 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Driver swerves into motorcyclist then says I dont care

A DRIVER is caught swerving into an overtaking motorcycle, then saying ‘I don’t care’ in this helmet camera footage from Texas.

Eric Sanders and his pillion were thrown across the road and into a field when the car veered left and struck them as they attempted to pass.

In the second of the two-part video, the driver is approached by the filming rider, Brian Fisher, who asks: ‘What were you doing? You hit them.’

The driver replies ‘I don’t care,’ before pointing out the ‘double yellow stripes’ in the road. He adds: ‘I got stung by a wasp.’

He then repeats ‘I don’t care,’ to which Fisher responds, ‘I got it on tape. You will care.’

Sanders suffered abrasions in the crash, which happened on Saturday on a single-carriageway road five miles north of Granbury. He said his girlfriend Debra Simpson had to be airlifted to intensive care with a broken wrist and abrasions down ‘to the bone and tendon’ which will require multiple surgeries.

Sanders wrote on Facebook that he overtook because the driver was doing 40mph in a 60mph zone. He said the driver had not been arrested at the scene but police were investigating after seeing the video.

Dub Gillum, spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said the car driver could face felony charges.
  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.
Related Content

That's not the finger we'd have given
Scooter pinball
Video: How not to take revenge
Video: How to roll with it and land on your feet
Video: rider run off the road by car driver - who doesn't stop

Click here for full story...