ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 7th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #41
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R, 2008 Ninja 250R (sold)

So did you end up getting the bike? That price is awesome.
For comparison... I just bought my '08, green, about 4 weeks ago. And it's got 15,500 miles on it, and I paid $2100 for it.

You'll probably be able to re-sell the bike 1 or 2 years from now for the same price, since the going market value is several hundred more (~2500).
Fappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #42
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93etgocart View Post
I always try to haggle the price down on anything I buy. I once got a car that was posted for 900 for 400 but that is a different story. The bike looks great and 2k seems great. I paid 1300 for my 2000 but it only had 5k on it.
hah you suck at haggling then. i paid $500 for my 2000 and it had 2845 miles on it.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #43
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Let me rephrase then, why do people buy a bike with the intent of doing $1500 of mods rather than just ride it. I get modding the bike but ****, take it around the block first
Yeah I it get what you are saying and trust me it will be taken around the block a few times before any mods start to go on. I will have to wait on shipping, and I am not ordering anything without having the bike first. The big list of mods will be winter mods since I will not be riding in the winter. That way the bike will look fresh and be to my liking throughout next riding season.
msebastian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #44
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
So did you end up getting the bike? That price is awesome.
For comparison... I just bought my '08, green, about 4 weeks ago. And it's got 15,500 miles on it, and I paid $2100 for it.

You'll probably be able to re-sell the bike 1 or 2 years from now for the same price, since the going market value is several hundred more (~2500).
So his pricing is about right then. I am planning on getting the bike tomorrow if it is not raining.

Old September 7th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #45
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Haha Jiggles, I know exactly what you mean.

I've spent about as much (or more??? ) in mods as I did on the whole bike in the first place. But I've also put miles on it. and the first season I had it, I did nothing to it but gas and oil.

Now I've got almost 18k on the clock.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #46
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
hah you suck at haggling then. i paid $500 for my 2000 and it had 2845 miles on it.
That's because it's a pre-gen. and it wasn't running when you bought it if I remember correctly?
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #47
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Correct! Actually, it did run when I bought it after I drained the tank for fresh gas. It just ran poorly. A simple carb douching fixed that. You gotta hunt for the good deals.

I realize any new-gen is going to be more costly. I was just one upping the guy because he also had a 2000 pre-gen, like mine.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #48
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by msebastian View Post
I had a 2009 250R and some lady ran it over parked in a wal-mart parking lot. I decided not to do any work to the bike and just let it go. I have been riding since early 2012. Beforehand I raced dirt bikes and have rode several different bikes in between. Just really like the Ninja 250R for style, price, fuel mileage, and economy transportation.
That's why I park mine right next to the building on the 'sidewalk.'

I don't trust idiots enough to park it in a parking space.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #49
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

So I just called the guy up and was ready to go get the bike. I asked him when we can me up and he told me in a week or 2. I was puzzled and he told me he decided last minute to take a vacation to North Carolina. I tried to tell him we could meet in the next 30 minutes and then he would have more spending money but he was a no go since he was already on his way to the airport. So it should be anywhere from the 17th to the 20th until he will be back in town. Now I am definently offering him the $1,800.

Old September 9th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #50
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R, 2008 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
So I just called the guy up and was ready to go get the bike. I asked him when we can me up and he told me in a week or 2. I was puzzled and he told me he decided last minute to take a vacation to North Carolina. I tried to tell him we could meet in the next 30 minutes and then he would have more spending money but he was a no go since he was already on his way to the airport. So it should be anywhere from the 17th to the 20th until he will be back in town. Now I am definently offering him the $1,800.
That sucks! How annoying... I would look around and try to put an offer on another bike, and then when the guy comes back from his vacation, tell him because he made you wait, you're only willing to offer him less (like $1900) since you've also found another potential ninja to buy. Haggling power!
Fappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #51
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
If the guy listed this bike at $2300 (what a normal craigslister would be doing) you'd only be offering $2000-$2100 and you'd think that was a good deal. Instead this guy is giving you the good deal flat out and you're trying to low ball him even more. The dude wants to take a vacation boohoo, you should be worried that someone else will offer him the $2000 straight up and he won't even consider you.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #52
MXSteve89
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): YZ250F (dirtbike) 2008 Ninja 250

Hell, I'd offer him 18”0 and see if he bites... Contrary to what everyone here is saying, something is only worth as much as two people will agree to... Why be nice and give him the an extra couple hundred if you dont have to.. Its not like you're making him take the 1800, if he doesn't like it, no harm no foul. But I never offer someone their asking price right off the bat...

Actually, I got my 2008 250 for 1600.... And it only had 1200 miles on it... Granted it didn't run, but ten bucks, a case of beer, and 5 hours later, the rest is history.

Best of luck to ya!!
MXSteve89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #53
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXSteve89 View Post
But I never offer someone their asking price right off the bat...
This is what's wrong with craigslist. Guy should have put the bike up at $2200-$2300 so that 's would give him the fair offer of $2000
AFM #676

Old September 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #54
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
If the guy listed this bike at $2300 (what a normal craigslister would be doing) you'd only be offering $2000-$2100 and you'd think that was a good deal. Instead this guy is giving you the good deal flat out and you're trying to low ball him even more. The dude wants to take a vacation boohoo, you should be worried that someone else will offer him the $2000 straight up and he won't even consider you.
What's your problem guy. The guy told me we would meet up in the morning. Then when I get ready to head out to meet him I gave him a call and he says he decided last night to take a trip and pushed me aside. I was excited and cleaned out my garage the night before so that I would have some extra room to do some cleaning to the bike. I mean it is cool to take a vacation but why would you not want the extra money to spend. I am not low balling him, to me it is a fair deal due to the miles. If he will not go for it I will give him the 2k and be on my way. It is just an offer, he does not have to accept it. I will not try to plee or nit pick or beg him to take the offer. If he wants 2k then he will get 2k. If someone else takes the bike before me I have several back up plans. I can spend up to 3k on a bike and there are several 250's around me for under 3k. So chill out and take a breather.

Old September 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #55
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Its not just you, its the whole craigslist mentalitiy, ask for top dollar because your stuff is worth more, then buyers offer less, then sellers know that buyers will offer less so they list it even higher, then buyers expect to always pay less than the full amount because sellers always over price there stuff.

Then you occasionally stumble upon someone who skips the bullshit and still try to offer less.

Let me ask you this, if he had it listed at $1,800 would you be offering $1,600? My money is on yes and it's due to the fact that people don't understand the actual value of the merchandise. All they understand is don't pay asking price on craigslist

/rant grr!
AFM #676

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #56
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Its not just you, its the whole craigslist mentalitiy, ask for top dollar because your stuff is worth more, then buyers offer less, then sellers know that buyers will offer less so they list it even higher, then buyers expect to always pay less than the full amount because sellers always over price there stuff.

Then you occasionally stumble upon someone who skips the bullshit and still try to offer less.

Let me ask you this, if he had it listed at $1,800 would you be offering $1,600? My money is on yes and it's due to the fact that people don't understand the actual value of the merchandise. All they understand is don't pay asking price on craigslist

/rant grr!
I never ask for top dollar for anything I sell on CL, but I do state firm price and stick to my guns. Yeah I have had people offer less but I do not give in and I have always got my asking price. And to be honest if he offered the bike for $1,800 I would give him that price no questions asked. I know that the bike could be worth around $2,500 during the righ time of market i.e. spring when season is just starting and people are ready to buy and start riding. But we are going into fall and winter and I may get away with only a few months of riding before the bike sits in the garage for several months. So due to the miles and season or time of sale I will make an offer and see what happens. Like I said he does not have to accept it. I will not lie and say I have to walk away because I will go to the ATM and give hime the extra $200. I am all for my benefit when buying something and getting the best deal for myself, which no one can not say they are not that way. In this economy and for average joe's like myself, we want the best bang for the buck. I work hard for my money and try and spend it wisely. I have a family to support as well. I may have 3k to spend but if I spend the whole budget I will have to pass on the gear and ride with helment and skin. If I spend well under my budget I ride full gear and will have a better chance making it home to my family after a ride.

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #57
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Quote:
I may have 3k to spend but if I spend the whole budget I will have to pass on the gear and ride with helment and skin. If I spend well under my budget I ride full gear and will have a better chance making it home to my family after a ride.
Your budget should have prioritized gear first before the bike itself, or at least allocate a certain amount of your $3k towards gear, not mods for the future.

Don't be another one of those people that don't ride without gear because "you couldn't afford it," before dumping money into a bike.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #58
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Gear is for people that crash, pretty sure OP is not planning on crashing
AFM #676

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #59
menikmati

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Gear is for people that crash, pretty sure OP is not planning on crashing
how dem carb jettin' lookin' mate?

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #60
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
how dem carb jettin' lookin' mate?
mah poop be off da h00k yo
AFM #676

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #61
menikmati

Quote:
mah shyt be off da h00k yo
dang u be BRAP BRAPPIN' da streetz?

Stay in 1st at 12k RPM because you DGAF.

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #62
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
girl das little kitty poop der i be all lyke max rpms 6th gear and those lil kitties you know those lil kitties that aint got poop on me when im all up the wheelies and like 150 maybe sometimes 180 idgaf i blast it
AFM #676

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #63
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
Your budget should have prioritized gear first before the bike itself, or at least allocate a certain amount of your $3k towards gear, not mods for the future.

Don't be another one of those people that don't ride without gear because "you couldn't afford it," before dumping money into a bike.
My budget is for bike and gear. If there is any money left over I have a few mods (Double Bubble, Flush Mounts, Integrated Taillight, Fender Eliminator) that I would like to do which total all of $200 with shipping. I have $700 in gear that I am looking at getting plus the purchase of the bike whether it is $1,800 or $2,000. Total will be under 3k either way so I am not stressed about the overall price of the bike. I will take either price and still be able to get my gear and apperance mods. The other mods are winter mods and will be done with other funds.

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #64
menikmati

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #65
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
mah shyt be off da h00k yo
Quote:
girl das pussy shyt der i be all lyke max rpms 6th gear and those pussies you know those pussies that aint got shyt on me when im all up the wheelies and like 150 maybe sometimes 180 idgaf i blast it
Can we please keep the thread clean. My daughter was sitting with me and started to read these messages. She is 7

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #66
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13

fxt
AFM #676

Old September 10th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #67
MXSteve89
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): YZ250F (dirtbike) 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:

/rant grr!
Welcome to life!! The only person I look out for is number 1... I could care less what's a fair deal if it saves me a few hundred...

And guess what, if the guy only gets 1600 for the bike, then that's what its worth. Funny how that works out, right? on the flip side of your argument, if someone offered him an extra thousand bucks over asking price, he would turn it down because that's not 'fair'??
Lol!!

Look out for number one, my friend, always number one.
MXSteve89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #68
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

fxt
Thx I appreciate it

Old September 10th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #69
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXSteve89 View Post
Welcome to life!! The only person I look out for is number 1... I could care less what's a fair deal if it saves me a few hundred...

And guess what, if the guy only gets 1600 for the bike, then that's what its worth. Funny how that works out, right? on the flip side of your argument, if someone offered him an extra thousand bucks over asking price, he would turn it down because that's not 'fair'??
Lol!!

Look out for number one, my friend, always number one.
To Jiggles credit the bike is worth more than his 2k asking price, but I figured I would offer him the $1,800 and see what happens. Maybe he will meet me in the middle at $1,900. I will still save $100 and be $2,800 in after gear and small mods.

Old September 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #70
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

I would've pulled the trigger at $2,000 in a heartbeat. $1800 would be a robbery -_-

$3500 is the average asking price from private sellers in my area...
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #71
REDCOMET
ninjette.org member

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): None yet (ninja 250 coming soon)

Quote:
I figured I would post up some pictures for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broilmebk View Post
Uhhh those pics are for the $2k bike that you want to give $200 less so you can buy some farkles? The bike already has flush mounts and a DIY fender eliminator...Those themselves could save you potentially $200. Give him his asking price.
REDCOMET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #72
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Hahah, thanks Nathan. I was wondering if anybody even realized my post.
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #73
REDCOMET
ninjette.org member

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): None yet (ninja 250 coming soon)

REDCOMET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #74
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by broilmebk View Post
Hahah, thanks Nathan. I was wondering if anybody even realized my post.
I did recognize your post but I am looking at some different flush mounts and getting rid of that big chunk of plastic in the back with something more like a targa or yoshimura FE. Like I said I have no problem giving him his asking price, it's just an offer.

Old September 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #75
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

A 2011 SE green and black just came up with only 2k on the clock. Guy wants $2,200 with helmet, jacket, and gloves. He said he will take $2,000 without gear since his gear is slightly too big for me. I will not offer him anything less than his asking price because his bike is obviously worth the price. The bike has been dropped on the right side, not while riding and has some rash and some cracks. He soldered the fairings back together though but still noticable.

Bike is mint on the left side

Cracks

Cracks Close up

Old September 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #76
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Wow that thing needs a paint job, but for 2k, I'd hop the **** all over that. That's what pregens go for over here
AFM #676

Old September 10th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #77
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

thats one big ass crack.

that thing wasnt dropped, that was layed down. trust me i know what a layed down bike looks like ZING
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #78
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Wow that thing needs a paint job, but for 2k, I'd hop the **** all over that
Yeah it does need some work, but the bike is a 2011 and has only 2k. 15,800 miles less than the other bike and the same asking price. The trigger may be pulled. Just looking at some oem replacement fairing prices. It needs upper, side, and rear right side fairings.

Old September 10th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #79
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Yeah it does need some work, but the bike is a 2011 and has only 2k. 15,800 miles less than the other bike and the same asking price. The trigger may be pulled. Just looking at some oem replacement fairing prices. It needs upper, side, and rear right side fairings.
If both bikes were stock I'd take the 17k one, mileage that low doesn't even matter on these bikes unless you're planning on reselling it and barely riding it. But it looks like the green is all stock + downed, where as the 17k one is never downed + modded. Personally, I'd never buy a modded bike so I'd go with the green and repaint it black. If the 17k was unmodded I'd take it over the green one.

Just mah quirks and weirdness
AFM #676

Old September 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #80
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Does anyone think they can be fully repaired and painted without having to purchase new fairings. The repair job does not look bad maybe just some sanding and a little filler here and there. I plan on painting the bike on my down season so the color would not stay anyways.