ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old March 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #1
redline0889
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R

Finally got it out again!!!

Well I have finally been able to get my bike out again for the first time this year which is basically unheard of for March in Iowa! It's almost 70 degrees here today which is even more unheard of! Almost nice enough to take the inner lining out of my jacket.

Also my first ride with having the rear cowl on and it does feel a bit different as I'm not exactly short at 6 foot and I like to ride towards the back of the seat to get my knees to fit under the tank. Gives me a little more support back there which is nice.

One bad thing about riding it right now is that there is still quite a bit of sand on the roads from the winter yet. Most of it has washed off to the edges but there are still spots where you have to be very careful about.

Oh well boss just told me to take an hour and go for a ride!! Gotta love having a good boss that enjoys nice weather as much as the next person
redline0889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Enjoy!
Having the same early spring here. I actually saw two mosquitoes, we're gonna pay for that mild winter later...

Almost got mine out as they're just started cleaning the streets. The sand dunes in front of my house are gone then it rained buckets today. I'll be calling the shop later this week. Can't wait!!!

Hope your ride was awesome - nice boss!
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #4
DSoundman
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Douglas

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Nice! Can't wait to get mine out! Will probably wait to ride till they get some of the sand off the roads though (they use a lot in Maine)...
DSoundman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Been out many times this spring before the roads were cleared of all the sand. Had to keep it pretty upright in a few corners! They've got the middle of all the roads done and have just started clearing the sand/salt off the edges.

It's even better than before. Got a nice tune-up/oil change and my rough idle area seems to have disappeared?? Yea!! It wasn't just me after all!! Yea. I love my bike.

Thought I would have forgotten everything but no, it was all still the same. Rode cautiously because of the drivers not being used to seeing motorbikes but it was like I'd never had to stop.
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #6
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Just goes to show how dirty of a mind I've got... I saw a thread titled "Finally got it out again" and thought someone may have been bragging about ending their "drought." Checked and realized I wasn't in Off Topic, of course being in Ride Reports does still add a bit of innuendo.

So... I'm easily amused, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to back to my corner and play with shiny objects.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #7
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaubideux View Post
Just goes to show how dirty of a mind I've got... I saw a thread titled "Finally got it out again" and thought someone may have been bragging about ending their "drought." Checked and realized I wasn't in Off Topic, of course being in Ride Reports does still add a bit of innuendo.

So... I'm easily amused, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to back to my corner and play with shiny objects.
That's why I'm here also!!!

idk about shiny objects, I'm going for a ride yo.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote