ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old June 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

MSF, BRC. Need alittle help.

Ey guys, So im in the middle of taking the BRC course (first RIDING day just ended.) The 2 instructors said I did great at everything, but never bothered to mention the 1 thing i continued to do throughout the 4hours we were there...and that was stalling my bike just before/at a stop.

So im asking you guys, what the heck am i missing here? I asked the instructors and they pretty much just said "clutch" and nothing more, so they didnt really help. Am i just terrible with the clutch? I seemed to do well with clutch control during the low speeds/obstacles they had. Out of the 11 other people, i was definitely the one constantly stalling my bike.i did it a good 10 times during the 4hours, more than everyone else in the class.

A good example would be just after making a turn, with a small straight away.. they are signaling me to stop, so i pull in the clutch while slowly applying the break and within the 2seconds of stopping, the bike turns off. Any info would be great, even though they didnt mention it, its really driving me nuts. Thanks

Also, if it helps any..the instructors checked the bike and said it was fine. the bike is also a cruiser.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

If the clutch is pulled in all the way, the bike shouldn't stall. Are you pulling the clutch in all the way while the engine is still running, or are you waiting too long to pull it in?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

I was pulling in the clutch just to the point where it wouldnt pull the bike forward anymore, then a brake would follow directly after.

Old June 30th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Pull the clutch all the way to the bar when you want to disengage it. If it's only partially disengaged, it might not have enough friction to move the bike much, but it can be plenty of friction to stall the engine at a stop.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #5
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

yeah i thought of that myself but i couldnt really try it since we were done with the course for the day. Kinda sucked that we finished an hour early...just another 10mins and it would have fixed alot of issues im sure. Hopefully it doesnt happen tomorrow, last thing i need is to stall during the box. Thanks for the info Alex.