ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old October 14th, 2016, 01:59 PM   #1
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Beauty and health tips for men and women

I've started taking better care of myself lately, and it's caused me to hang my head a bit higher. I feel prettier and am a bit healthier. It's nice. And, being the smart cookies you guys are, a lot of you probably know that a lot of things pertaining to health and beauty tends to be bullshit. There's people who are deluded, marketing plays a role, some people have very specific bodies, too. So what I wanna know is what works for YOU. what do you do to keep yourself looking pretty and feeling good?

Health:

I drink a lot of water. I have a stainless steel water bottle (doesn't give you that swimming-pool taste like aluminum does) that I clean weekly and always have by my side. I sip on it when I'm thirsty, and drink more if I'm eating something salty and delicious or taking a pill. For me, I just drink until my pee is a transparent yellow, which amounts to about 2.5 L daily.

I love to slouch when I sit. I've started doing planks to strengthen those muscles to make good posture more automatic. It's working.

Me and a lot of other people find it difficult to eat when waking up. For years, I'd drink some black coffee and a glass of water, and that'd be it. By 10:00, I'd start to feel dizzy and messed up. Eating fruit has all that fibery goodness making it easy to digest, and you've got the sugar to keep you from passing out (I'm not a diabetic. My body's just silly sometimes). I usually eat an apple or pear, a banana, and a spoonful of peanut butter.

I love to sleep on my face and stomach, but that also hurts my back. So I started sleeping on my side, which is super uncomfortable. So I made a pillow out of a pantleg from some ripped jeans. I stuffed it and sewed it, and I put it on my side while sleeping, below my ribcage and before my pelvis. That adds a lot of comfort. And if you're a cuddler like me, hug a blanket or a body pillow. No shame in it

Squat on the pot when going #2... Google that one for more info.

Beauty:

As mentioned in another thread, I use jojoba oil as aftershave. 3-5 drops for the whole face, and it doesn't leave an oily residue. I also use it after washing my face to keep it all moist.

Also, it turns out I was using too much soap. I get backne and chestne pretty bad, but applying bar-soap to my hand and then to my body works a lot better than applying it straight from the bar.

I also started patting myself down with a towel instead of rubbing it all over. This lets the body retain a bit more water and moisturize.

Cold water when getting out of the shower is unpleasant, but it closes up all those pores.

My cuticles and the area around my finger before the cuticle used to peel really bad. I'd normally just pull them off or cut the little bits of skin with a swiss army knife. Since I started putting lotion on before bed, that's helped immensely with this.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'd love to hear what you guys do!
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old October 14th, 2016, 07:26 PM   #2
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Water...water...water...water.
I only drink water, 1 cup coffee in the am and a beer once in a great while.

I eat health but just to much (I am in a shape...round)... Work, sleep, school and ride when I can.

Riding and yoga are my favorite things

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 14th, 2016, 09:32 PM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
.......... That's all I can think of for now, but I'd love to hear what you guys do!
Sleep, feel more intensely, worry less and smile much.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old October 15th, 2016, 07:17 AM   #4
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

The absolute number one thing you can do for your health is stay out of the sun any longer than the few minutes a day it takes for you to make Vitamin D. There is no such thing as a "healthy" suntan. A suntan is, literally, the body's response to radiation damage. Did you know that people exposed to high levels of nuclear radiation also develop tans?

Also, don't smoke. If you smoke, quit. Yeah, nicotine addiction is one of the most powerful ones out there, on a level with opioid addictions, but it's not impossible. People successfully quit every day, never to pick up a cig again. Find a way, work out a method that works for you, ask others to help you, just do what it takes to quit, and quit for life. It'll be miserable, it'll suck, it'll be one of the worst months of your life. But, smoking will not only kill you, but it will make the last years of your life a seething, nasty hell of cancers, heart attacks, strokes, surgeries to cut off more and more parts of your body as they chase the cancers around. Lips, throat, tongue, lungs, liver (the favorite place for mets to go!), all cut off and out of you with really sharp scalpels. And you'll still die, horribly, in pain you can't even imagine, suffering every last breath until hypoxia finally destroys your brain. If you're lucky the mets will spread to your brain early and you'll not be cognizant of all the things happening toward the end. You'll just be a drooling, demented, unthinking pile of rotting meat.

Other than that, go for a ride! Nothing helps relax the mind like a good ride on a nice day!
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #5
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Health:

Alcohol kills germs. Have at least one drink a day to kill the germs. Hot Sauce has vinegar, salt and hot peppers which also kill germs. Use lots of hot sauce.

Don't smoke. (unless we are talking about smoking food in a smoker which I do often)

Beauty:

Bathe at least once every few days, but brush your teeth at least twice a day. Floss once a day.

That's my health and beauty tips.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2016, 04:25 PM   #6
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Health:

I'm not exactly the most healthy person lol but I do have some tips -

1. if you have issues with your blood sugar (I have hypoglycemia), I've found that avoiding wheat/gluten helps. I had a period where every time I ate bread my sugar would drop and my body would be trying to tell me I was hungry when I wasn't. I was miserable. Cut out the bread and wheat pasta and stay gluten free as much as possible and all is good.

2. yoga is awesome for strength, flexibility, blood pressure, and your mind. You don't have to go all out for the "ohm" experience. I myself can't stand when a yoga instructor is like that. Whatever you might like, YogaJournal.com has lots of great free yoga sequence videos. Jason Crandel is one of my fave teachers on that site.

Beauty:

1. I keep my body/face looking young and feeling soft with lotion. Every day on the face, every other day or so for my body (too often and I break out). For those like me with the lovely combo of rosacea and excema, Aveeno Ultra Calming face wash and the daily lotion from the same line work wonders. I still get red when drinking/laughing etc, but I haven't had the little bumps or peeling in years. The best lotion I've found for lessening the redness is Clinique redness solutions, but it is a tad expensive. The foundation from that line is awesome as well

2. as I posted in the shaving thread, Coochy Cream by Pure Romance is off the chain. Love it. Nice and smooth shave with no irritating bumps or ingrown hairs.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old October 15th, 2016, 08:58 PM   #7
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
my tips for health: eat few things that came out of packages. go outside
my tips for beauty: try to get most of the dog hair off
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old October 15th, 2016, 10:37 PM   #8
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Excercise 💯👌🏻😍😘

Old October 16th, 2016, 04:46 PM   #9
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650