ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM   #1
DRivero
ninjette.org guru

Name: Debbi

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250 (Sold); 2008 Ninja EX500

Motorcycle campers.....gear recommendations?

So, we're thinkng about doing a trial camping trip on the bikes. I'm an avid camper and have tons of gear, almost none of which would be good to pack on a motorcycle. However, I really don't want to spend a mint doing this, either, especially this first trip. I definitely need a smaller tent, but apart from that I'm sorta stumped as to what to buy/pack. Anybody got any suggestions/tips/shortcuts? Brands or types of gear they like best?
Posted via Mobile Device
DRivero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:35 PM   #2
BlueRaven
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I've seen this invention for sportbike at the atlanticade but i can't remember how much they said it was. These bikes were driven by the inventors. It looked pretty cooled. I apologize about the poor pic quality, i forgot to change the setting on my cell so its a little blueish. I wish i could remember the name of the company name that makes these. All i remember they were two guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0627092035.jpg (109.1 KB, 11 views)

Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM   #3
min nin
ninjette.org member

Name: terry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

Think back pack camping.
min nin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM   #4
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Ok...here's the lowdown.

I use a North Face Terra 30 backpack, and go extremely lightweight. For a week long trip total pack comes out to 26lbs, which isnt too bad for a long ride on the bike.

As far as tents. I use a childs tent from wal-mart. They cost around 20 bucks or so, and are just big enough for me and my gear. The best part is they are extremely lightweight and can pack up to about the size of a nalgene bottle if you do it right.
I use a Slumberjack superglide sleeping bag. Packed up it ends up about the size of a football. I use a pepsi can stove to cook on, google it. Get a "lightmyfire" spork as your eating utensil. Wal-mart has them in the camping section too. Weighs in the grams.

I regularly go hiking on the Appalachian Trail, so I learned real fast how to pack.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:45 PM   #5
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Check out adventure riders - there are all sorts of folks who camp on bikes on that site. Plenty of knowledge!