Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
MotoSeries - north central

NorthCentral
MotoSeries http://www.motoseries.com

The good: Safe group to ride a leisure track day. Todd floats around the paddock and tire area making sure everything goes well. Can be super cheap, Friday night twilights are only $75.

The bad: They like to run a lot of Nelson Ledges days.

Notes: Go make friends, many of the riders are of the Christian faith and are super helpful. Sunday services are available.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Bout time I start to detail some of these orgs.

You wanna go have fun at a chill track day? MotoSeries is a 100% viable option. Novice is great with plenty of coaching but not super formal like a 100% school although they do put on a novice school. The paddock is super friendly no matter where you go or who you talk to. Someone might feed you, someone might help you on track or someone might offer up a drink and movie for the night. You can't really go wrong if they run at a track near you.

Todd, many times wonders around and checks on riders and ensures the day's events go as planned. Even if your experience is not what you expected, I have seen him make exceptions to ensure your time is well spent.

Here is the real deal.
Todd ALWAYS does the right thing.
If you buy tires from Todd, he will change em for free in the paddock. Much of the time, he will change them himself. If not, it's only $15 per wheel.
Todd will adjust the day's schedule on the fly to help with weather/track conditions. He has rescheduled lunch to give riders the most track time possible.
Nearly all the coaches are racers and know the lines really well at the track they ride and your always free to swap coaches 100% without questions.

Special Notes:
You can request AMA racer Sam Wang as a coach. This guy loves coaching more than riding himself. If you don't get him, many others are as talented and maybe I will be there too. If not, ask for Donald Brown (250 racer), the guy totally rocks. But don't sweat who you get, they are all their for the right reasons, to help you.

Oh... if you get to the track late, he will leave the gate open for ya.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote