ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old June 6th, 2015, 03:19 PM   #41
GregS
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, GSXR-750, Ducati M1100

DId the Factory Pro Shifter kit and the bike did not downshift, or pop out of gear at all at the track today. I'd highly recommend it.

Also picked up a Dunlop Unbeaten 150 on sale for $125, and I have to say this tire rocks.
http://stores.racetireservice.com/co...ceted_search=0

Might have to pick up an extra one while they are still cheap
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2015, 02:51 PM   #42
GregS
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, GSXR-750, Ducati M1100

Took the Ninja 300 out to the track again today for more testing, and ran it hard to see if I could induce any gearbox problems. It behaved perfectly even under hard engine braking which is when it was bad about popping out of gear. My confidence is now way back up and I was having a blast out there today. Motion Pro kit officially endorsed!

https://youtu.be/PES0vjIcmAQ
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #43
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

I'm saddened that the Factory Pro kit doesn't work all the time. I had a phantom down shift leaned over in 5th with the throttle pinned. Didn't bin it, but i'm sure the folks behind me weren't happy.

I Just started to use the clutch all of the time. So far, no more dropping to 5th or 4th on its own. But I hate having that thought in the back of my mind. It's just not confidence inspiring.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #44
Sirena
ninjette.org member

Name: CJ

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, GSXR 600, CBR 500

Thanks guys, I've really appreciated the updates in this thread. I haven't bought the Factory Pro yet, but plan to.
Hearing you all talk about how the shifting insecurity is haunting you in the back of your minds really hit it on the head for me. I need to banish those thoughts and get her shifting and staying where I expect her to!

Last futzed with by Sirena; August 22nd, 2015 at 02:51 PM.
Sirena is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2015, 05:18 AM   #45
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoKawi View Post
I'm saddened that the Factory Pro kit doesn't work all the time. I had a phantom down shift leaned over in 5th with the throttle pinned. Didn't bin it, but i'm sure the folks behind me weren't happy.

I Just started to use the clutch all of the time. So far, no more dropping to 5th or 4th on its own. But I hate having that thought in the back of my mind. It's just not confidence inspiring.
after the ninja race yesterday I'm budgeting hard for this kit, I had it drop back a gear at the apex of 3 (last part, heading towards wheelie hill) and in T12 going onto the front straight at njmp...the bike was unsettled by it and it almost took me out both times. After that I just used the clutch every time as well which slowed me down a bit (not as much as the dehydration though) but it's hard to convince myself to do something that makes me feel like I'm going to crash

I was hoping switching to GP shift would help alleviate the issue but it did nothing, though I do prefer the feel of GP shift since I tend to go into corners a gear low now which makes the bike feel more responsive