ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #1
fyv0h
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r, of the blue variety (bestowed to Ninja_Duck22), 1998 CBR Smokin' Joe

E'ry I'm Wobblin'

Not really. In fact, my little ninjette tracked smooth as buttah. That is, until I got the new tire on the back. Just got it done literally an hour ago. On the way home, I pulled hands from the grips in my normal squid manner, and noticed for the first times ever that while coasting down to about 50mph, the handlesbars started dancing an irish jig. So I pull over, inspect what I can, everything appears normal. The shop is closed anyway now, so I continue home. I do a little more thorough of a peek-see on the bike, and notice that the alignment marks on the swingarm aren't entirely lined up on both sides. Would this cause this new found wibble wobble? If that's a big fat no, then what the hell, man?
fyv0h is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Relevant thread --> Front End Wobbles

Relatively common, and does often seem to be tire-related. A new tire on the back that replaced a very worn tire might cause it by raising the rear end a bit and in turn making the front rake just a little bit steeper. How is your front tire?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #3
fyv0h
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r, of the blue variety (bestowed to Ninja_Duck22), 1998 CBR Smokin' Joe

Front tire is shiny and sweet, no real wear on it. The back was VERY worn. I'm ashamed to say it was baby-butt smooth. The wobble doesn't feel overwhelming, and in fact with hands on the handlebars, you don't notice it at all. I made several "look ma, no hands" attempts, and the wobble, while appearing to be violent, didn't get to a point of making me nervous. It only wobbled from 50 down to, say 40mph, then smooth again.
fyv0h is offline   Reply With Quote