ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old March 19th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #1
fyv0h
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r, of the blue variety (bestowed to Ninja_Duck22), 1998 CBR Smokin' Joe

Didn't dump the ninja. Dumped the Honda instead...

I'm so mad.

I was headed in to work this morning on my 98 CBR SJ. It's foggy so I'm keeping it slow. I approach the turn that my work is on and as I slow down and start to lean, there is boat-load of sand strewn across the lane. Never been there before. I saw it as I was leaning so i tried to reduce the lean angle but the front tire didn't comply. The bike slipped and I tumbled. I'm fine, the gear (I do the MTGATT) did it's job. Jacket is dirty, helmet has a small scratch and my gloves are unscathed. The extent of my injuries are a scuffed knee (equal to a small rug burn) and a tiny hole in my favorite pants. Oh, and my pride. I fractured my pride in three different spots. It'll mend, but damn.

The Smokin' Joe lost some skin. The maintenance cover broke, the side fairing (that I just replaced!!) is scuffed. The mirror shattered. The tail fairings aren't looking too good, but then there was a lot of glue holding them together anyway.

I picked the bike up, rolled it to the side and got it started. Took all of 30 seconds to start up. Drove it the whole 1/4 mile to work and inspected it a little closer. All damage appears superficial. Guess I'll be buying one of those cheap Hong Kong fairing kits...

Damn.

Moral: Don't get too comfortable with your daily route, and GEAR GEAR GEAR! I'd hate to imagine how I'd feel without the proper gear.
fyv0h is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

"Dumped the Honda instead"

And this is a problem...wwwhhhyyyyyyyyy???

Haha only kidding, man. Being a Honda dirt bike rider myself, my heart goes out to that poor bike. Sorry that happened
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2012, 11:47 AM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
damn that sucks. i hate fog.