ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old February 12th, 2023, 06:06 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Where Might I find a Hose Diagram for a 2012 250R ???

I think my problem with my Ninja is a big hose air leak.... the problem is I can't find it..... the manual is practically USELESS as it does not show what lines are supposed to connect to what.... like is that nipple a vent hole or does it go somewhere else ?
I've found no exploded view of the California model and I am going by "How it was hooked up before.... but it is Not working at all .... everything is the same as it was....I THINK (obviously it's not or it would work) so I need to trace each
vacuum line on the bike just to make sure each line is where it should be...
does anyone have any ideas ?
Bob........

Old February 12th, 2023, 06:27 PM   #2
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Hose_r...ine_fuel_tanks

try this
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2023, 11:40 PM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

thanks for the effort but that is not anywhere near my bike.... nothing useful there.. sorry to say.
I went to the 2012 section and although there is a ton of information on the bike there I did not see anything on the Vacuum Hoses....
I am wondering if Kawasaki has a diferent manual that shows the vacuum hoses differently or not....
I do Not understand how it cannot work right ! it's obviously got vacuum
or the petcock would not funtion and it does let in gasoline into the filter I can see it trickling in after I start it.....
..... there is ONLY 2 lines that go to the carbs the main vacuum line and the hose for the top of the carb that is a vent to outside air....
you can't get just 2 lines wrong ones bigger than the other so you couldn't confuse them the one that goes to the vacuum port on the left carb goes up 3" and "T"s and goes to the vacuum operated petcock.... the other part of the "T" goes to a bunch of lines going to verious devices for emission control
near the front left side of the engine. and sense I never messed with any of that I can assume everything is like it was....
I guess I will trace down each component that that vacuum line connects to to see if I have a failed component.... but those things are "if in doubt replace it" because they cannot be opened or checked ! pressed together B.S. maybe I can check the small line by blowing or sucking in it and test to see if the diaphragm is good.... a blown diaphragm would lower the vacuum in the line so much that the petcock shouldn't operate... but I have seen strange things before and it is running like the vacuum like is completely off of there.... ....
so if my guess is right I could pull the vacuum line completely off and plug it with my finger and see if it takes throttle like it should... if it does the problem is in that line somewhere.
.... so that is the next step..... tomorrow.
i need to make up an axillary gas tank !

Bob.......

Old February 13th, 2023, 06:43 AM   #4
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
The parts diagrams may provide some help. https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/owner.../2012/EX250JCF You'll probably have to jump around a bit between the different sections. Fuel Evaporative System might be a good place to start.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 13th, 2023, 08:22 AM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

good idea Bill.... I haven't done that.....
Not finding anything wrong with the vacuum lines I have came to the conclusion that it must be out of time ! so I have to tear it all apart again !
.... that is the last thing I want to do ....but ! I can't ride it like it is !
So.....
Bob.......

Old February 13th, 2023, 12:49 PM   #6
MrB64
ninjette.org member

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): R1,GT380,RGV 250,Ninja 250, Honda SS125

Don't know if these are of any use?
The company CMSNL are based in Holland but their website is very useful.

https://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-ex250.../BLCK0028.html
MrB64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2023, 06:18 AM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

After contemplating my problem and finding nothing amiss on the vacuum lines
I have come to the conclusion I am off one tooth in the cam timing
I found and watch the video several times someone did on a 2012 250R
the detail was fantastic and I think I found the problem
... when I put the cam's in and timed it I made both cam marks level with
the head surface and I disregarded the marks in the center of the cams facing each other... as they were not aligned.... that is because the intake cam has to be slightly lower than the top of the head in order for the cam marks in the center to line up...... so .... I screwed up and must redo my mistake.
this will undoubtly take me weeks as it snowed again....and I'm not working in the cold !
..... the bike ran great at idle and up to about 4,000 rpm but it would not rev any higher and hold it ...if I reved it up to 9,000 it would fall back down to 5,000~6,000 RPM and miss badly doing that.....
..... the manual says to align the outside marks with the head surface
that is WRONG.... if you do that ...like I did... it won't run right !
the center marks must be aligned as well ! not the outside ones the intake side must be slightly lower and exhaust side right on it.
live and learn.... NEVER TRUST A MANUAL LOL

Bob.....

Old April 29th, 2023, 12:01 AM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

after double checking I found the timing right on.... it's perfect.
so that has to mean carburetor
Gordon said he would take another look at them for free if I wanted to send them back to him.... so I did.... he did find too high of fuel level on the right side so he fixed that I told him I want 95 main jets and 2 needle shims under each needle....
and I have been instructed to not do anything to them just put them on and see if it runs correctly.... I mentioned that I will have to tune the fuel/air screws to get it to idle ( as I set them to factory specs after I first got it and it would not idle!)
but that is all I will do to them besides put them on the bike...
we'll see if he fixed them I guess !
Bob.....