ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old June 19th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #1
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Gran Turismo 5 Anyone?

Like the title says, who's got it and why aren't we racing? Cyclecam212 is my PSN handle. @rojoracing53 has a trick steering wheel set up and he plays too. I'm sure you can guess his handle too...

I mostly enjoy racing the race cars on the circuits but it would be nice to get some rally races going and have an unofficial ninjette gt5 league. Maybe set up a weekly series where we set some basic parameters and you build the best run what ya brung car.

I have other racing games but gt5 has been kinda the end all be all game for me. Plus I figured none of y'all would want to play sbk x with me hahaha.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #2
ADoMinGu3z
ninjette.org member

forza > gt

sorry i had to
ADoMinGu3z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #3
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Damn! I wish I still had GT5... hmmm... No no, I mustn't spend money on video games for systems that will soon be last gen...

And yes. I love Forza and GT... but while I think GT is the better game, I have way more fun playing Forza!

Old June 19th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #4
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

GT5 is easily my favorite racing game of all time. I bought myself a G27 and one of those fancy racing cockpits which now takes up most of my gaming room floor...

I've not played it since I moved a few months ago, but I'd be game to put it all back together for some friendly clean racing.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/user/nathanuc1988/
Note, need to log in to view profiles.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #5
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoMinGu3z View Post
forza > gt

sorry i had to
Haha. When Forza first came out I stopped with the gt series. The Forza series has such a good handling model that I couldn't enjoy gran turismo at all. Of course the damage modeling along with the modifications were a nice touch. I got tired of my xboxs blowing up a month after the warranty was up and recently bought a ps3. I was pleasantly surprised by gt5. The tire modeling feels much better and the cars handling is in the right ball park. Weight transfer is in gt5. Usually that's only in computer race sims haha.

I always notice stuff like that in car games because I used to be a total car nerd.

Old June 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #6
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUc View Post
GT5 is easily my favorite racing game of all time. I bought myself a G27 and one of those fancy racing cockpits which now takes up most of my gaming room floor...

I've not played it since I moved a few months ago, but I'd be game to put it all back together for some friendly clean racing.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/user/nathanuc1988/
Note, need to log in to view profiles.
Sweet. I'm all about clean racing no hacks over here. Except if you're on the brakes way too early at monza rojoracing likes to remind you with his front bumper haha

As much as I make fun of it I do screw around with the drifting thing. I would upload a video if I could strip it off the game.

Old June 19th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #7
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
Sweet. I'm all about clean racing no hacks over here. Except if you're on the brakes way too early at monza rojoracing likes to remind you with his front bumper haha

As much as I make fun of it I do screw around with the drifting thing. I would upload a video if I could strip it off the game.
lol yeah. I never really got the hang of drifting in GT5.

I think in GT5, the first time I drove the X2010 I had very VERY similar feelings to when I first opened the throttle on my zx6r. It's just that oh oka...OMGGGGGGGGGGGG feeling.

Old June 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #8
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

The drifting thing you throw front and rear tires on comfort hard and go to autumn ring mini. Practice forever lol.

That stupid redbull 2010 thing. The only redeeming quality about that car is it makes driving the f1 cars feel normal haha

Old June 19th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #9
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
The drifting thing you throw front and rear tires on comfort hard and go to autumn ring mini. Practice forever lol.

That stupid redbull 2010 thing. The only redeeming quality about that car is it makes driving the f1 cars feel normal haha
Feel normal or slow? lol

I loooooved those challenges! They were very difficult challenges but some of the most rewarding in the whole game

Old June 19th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

For the last 4 months I've been trying to complete a 24 hour at leman in a r8. I have 16 more hours to go.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #11
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
i was big into GT1-GT3 and in GT3 i had 90% completion.

Picked up GT5 just earlier this year cuz i was itching for a racing game and my love of the series.

I don't know if i just didn't set the settings correctly but i found the standard races (the same cups ect... that the old games used to have) to easy. I remember in GT3 at my peak i could compete in some of the higher races with inferior cars, but then their would be some cups and series i would just have to bite the bullet and race with a more fitting car. I did not find that so much so in this game. I won the majority of races with a Civic type R and higher level ones with a Lotus in about the first 2 weeks.

Then once i realized you get tons of money for these special events races it made the game even easier, 1 easy race and you get tons of Cr. And the tires, other than endoro's i never had to pit despite running race tires? could never figure out how that worked. In GT3 if you ran race tires you would have to pit around ever 5 laps or so of a track other wise the car would become undriveable. I never found this to be the case

Not interested in the races where you "coach" the driver.... i got better things to do

Over all i like the game, tons of cars, great graphics but the average difficulty of the offline races is to low and not difficult enough other than a handful of stupid events that start you last in a pack of 8 and you have 2-3 laps to get first

Never raced against other people though, guess that could be fun, but mostly online people annoy me.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM   #12
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I have GT5, just need to find the time to work in some endurance races (by far my favorite).

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM   #13
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I have GT5, just need to find the time to work in some endurance races (by far my favorite).
It's a crying shame that they didnt include any of the newer gen mustangs as a premium car that anyone would want to use. Not even a cobra r or a touring race car. I remember you posting something about mustangs and yesterday I saw the funniest thing, or sad depending on how you feel about tattoos. A guy in the classroom portion of the msf straight up had a red white and blue 5.0 tat on his arm.... Just by judging the book by the cover I know he was thinking the old 302 lol.

Old June 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM   #14
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

I played the **** out of GT and GT2 (all golds in license tests) and just recently picked up GT5 XL Edition and just couldn't get into it. I'm more of a Forza fan when it comes to racing sims.