ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 27th, 2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Sharkride
ninjette.org member

Name: Sharkey

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

Tyga full exhaust system?

Hey. Seen a full exhaust system for $300 by tyga. They claim a hp gain of 4 which for seems like a lot but not impossible. Would this system preform like a slip on on does the headers actually show and improvement

Old September 27th, 2015, 12:13 PM   #2
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Have extra jets handy? You're gonna need to rejet as well. You will see a significant increase with a full system though.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #3
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkride View Post
Hey. Seen a full exhaust system for $300 by tyga. They claim a hp gain of 4 which for seems like a lot but not impossible. Would this system preform like a slip on on does the headers actually show and improvement
Typically a full system has larger header pipe diameter and possibly smoother bends.

That usually shifts the powerband upward at the expense of low-end and some mid-range, but ultimately it does produce more peak power.

There are exceptions though. You'd have to study a dyno chart of the specific pipe and compare it to a stock dyno chart to see exactly what is happening where.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2015, 01:00 PM   #4
Sharkride
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Have extra jets handy? You're gonna need to rejet as well. You will see a significant increase with a full system though.
So when tyga showed the exhaust dyno and said they didn't reject is that bull...

Old September 29th, 2015, 03:49 PM   #5
Sharkride
ninjette.org member

What happens if I don't rejet? Can I counter the need for jets if I left the snorkel in?

Old October 4th, 2015, 02:57 AM   #6
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkride View Post
What happens if I don't rejet? Can I counter the need for jets if I left the snorkel in?
Not exactly. Larger exhaust means more flow, which means it needs a little more air which means it needs a little more fuel.

DynoJet and FactoryPro make kits that have everything you need in them to rejet. I recommend the Factory Pro as it has a couple of jet sizes, new needles, and e-clips to properly shim the needle. Really not all that bad, plenty of DIY and resources here to refer to.

But honestly, if you go full exhaust, you need to rejet. Otherwise the bike will not perform at its peak potential aka no 4hp gain. Maybe even a HP loss.

Old October 4th, 2015, 06:14 AM   #7
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
The engine is just an air pump, more air in, the more air out, and vice versa.

With more air, your gonna need more fuel to maintain the air/fuel ratio at optimal performance 14.7 to 1.

Jet changes can be a best guess if not using an exhaust gas analyzer, but without that your back to best guess.

Fortunately the Ninjette has been around for awhile, and others have done modifications over the years. Which means someone has already done the hard work, and has the information your needing.

A word of caution, the most common mistake is over compensating, way too rich. Making changes to the jetting is best done in small steps, and one at a time, jets, needles etc.....

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2015, 07:10 PM   #8
Sharkride
ninjette.org member

Yeah I'm fine with doing what someone else has done and it works. I think the main thing that has me on the wire about rejetting. Is that I have this bike and it's my first and just want to ride. Not even close plus we are moving next mont. so I might not have this thing ready until the end of the year