ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #1
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Which is it?

I have read new break pads are bedded in by breaking hard, but manufacturer recommends light braking.... if it makes ANY difference, I'm putting new rotors on too.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

I just rode with my brakes lightly dragging (but enough force to require perceptibly more throttle) for about half a mile and then their performance improved to about as good as stock. However, they seemed to have further bedded in since then.

Old January 26th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #3
GiGs
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

This is what I did.....

Bike on stands, lightly brake and have your slave spin the wheel

After that, go on the street, drag your brakes for a few hundred meters, speed up apply them until you almost stop (lightly), repeat a few times, after this do a few hard breaks and your done

EBC HH pads on stock rotors are good, same feeling as stock but when you really start to heat them up (racing or hard stop from high speed) it feels like they grip more.
GiGs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 02:14 AM   #4
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGs View Post
EBC HH pads on stock rotors are good, same feeling as stock but when you really start to heat them up (racing or hard stop from high speed) it feels like they grip more.
EBC and I divorced this last month. My account is in another thread.

Old January 26th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #5
GiGs
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

I understand the rotors issues you had but even pads...so sad

So I take it your using the (stock) SBS Kevlar pads ?
GiGs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #6
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

I wanted to add that I decided to just drag the brakes some after probably a dozen hard stops made no change, to the point I was worried to keep riding it. I used that technique because I know it is used on cars to quickly wear in brake pads (at least on the front). But, it seemed to work.

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #7
headshrink

I'm not using EBC anymore. Even if their pads are good, I don't have a whole lot of faith in their products/QC right now.

I went with Galfer pads because that is what I used last time, and really liked them. I would have gotten the Sintered ones like last time, but I couldn't find the part number this time, was in a hurry to get this thing running again, and yes.... did go with semi metalic organic pads. So far I don't like the stopping power compared to the old ones, but I may not be fully bedded yet, so I will reserve judgment until then. I also have a new SS line on the front, but I suspect I'm not breaking hard enough right now to notice a difference with that.