ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old July 24th, 2014, 03:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Kevin Schwantz returns to UK racing

FORMER 500cc World Champion Kevin Schwantz is returning to UK racing for the first time in 20 years.

The American Grand Prix racer will be riding a 1950 Norton Works 500 ‘Featherbed’ in the Barry Sheene Memorial Trophy at the Goodwood Revival on September 12-14.

The fifty-year-old last raced in the UK when he finished first at Donington Park in 1994 on his Championship-winning Suzuki RGV500. After a less than successful start to the 1995 season, Schwantz retired from racing with only the 1993 championship title to his name.

Schwantz said: ‘I’m excited to be taking part in the Goodwood Revival and riding not only one of the most famous racing motorcycles ever made, but also a machine whose design changed motorcycle racing forever,

‘I’ve never raced at the Revival, but have been to the Festival of Speed and was blown away by what an incredible event it is. The machines, not to mention the legends of motorsports in attendance, and the sheer number of spectators was just amazing. The Goodwood Motor Circuit looks really quick and I am looking forward to racing the Norton 500 Featherbed out on the track.’

Related Content

Used Test: Manx Norton
Ring-a-ding-a-ding-ding goes Schwantz's RGV500
Goodwood Revival - Wind Back the Clock
Schwantz and Mackenzie on the Nurburgring box
The ride of their life

Click here for full story...