ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old February 11th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #1
shane liberty
ninjette.org member

Name: Shane

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

TWF Racing needs a stock fork: Cartridge Kit R&D

In 2012 I paid Zoran to make some go-fast parts for my formula class SV. One of the things he's known for is stuffing a set of GSXR cartridges into the stock SV forks to give you a fully adjustable suspension. The set I had worked very well and I kick myself for swapping to the inverts.

I've since traded off that bike for 2 others, one of them being a Ninja 250. I emailed Zoran once again to see if he's building those kits for the little ninja. He said he hasn't but he could do it. He just needs a stock fork to do the deal. The price for a full set of cartridges installed in the forks would be $700. You'd just send your set out to him and he'd handle it.

I'm currently working with Cyclemall in Tustin and will be doing some R&D with them on a cartridge they plan to build from scratch. I found this out only after I talked to Zoran. What this means is Zoran's deal is on the table for anyone looking to take advantage. I'm not sending my forks out to him since Cyclemall is going to help me out. If anyone on here wants to take advantage, contact Zoran through his website:

http://www.twfracing.com

If you ask around the racing scene you'll find he's well known for making the SV go fast. I'm guessing he'd do the same with the Ninja if he turns his attention to it. Now that the SV classes are nearly formula across the U.S. I'm betting more riders will be racing the Ninja to save money, hence more need for these cartridges.
shane liberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #2
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

would this be a stock gsxr cart in the fork housing or include reworking the stack?
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #3
shane liberty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
would this be a stock gsxr cart in the fork housing or include reworking the stack?
The stack would be modified as well as the cartridge so that the assembly functions for a much lighter chassis that has more flex. You don't have to provide the GSXR parts either. He will provide everything. He will just need your stock forks.

Old February 12th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #4
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane liberty View Post
The stack would be modified as well as the cartridge so that the assembly functions for a much lighter chassis that has more flex. You don't have to provide the GSXR parts either. He will provide everything. He will just need your stock forks.
I'm curious as to how preload will be handled. Will he machine different fork caps since the caps are different diameters between a gixxer and a 250; and the gixxer ones are screwed on whereas he will use a circlip for ours to hold it down? Or will he thread out the 250 tubes? Or maybe drill out the 250 fork caps the same diameter as the cartridge?

Also, how would he handle the compression side since the adjusters on the top of the caps handle rebound and the compression adjustments are at the bottom? Would he have one fork control compression and the other fork control rebound? And to do that would that mean for compression control he removes the rebound valve and stack; and for the rebound control would he remove the compression valve and stack?

I would really like to hear more details about this too
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #5
shane liberty
ninjette.org member

on my SV the left fork did compression and the right fork did rebound. big piston style

Best bet is to email Zoran and ask him all of your questions. I'm not the guy who does the conversion, he is. I just know it worked very well on my stock forks and it's a legal mod for supersport rules.

Old June 24th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #6
Triple R
ninjette.org member

Name: D.Doan

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki's

Any word he is doing this still? I know Zoran/TWF does a good job and is a big part of the AFM. Id be interested if this was still available!
Triple R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2014, 07:42 AM   #7
shane liberty
ninjette.org member

No one had the balls to send their forks out so I did it. He now has the means to do cartridges on the 250. I have the first set in my Ninja and I love them. Raced (And Won) at WERA during their Autoclub round last month.

Old June 25th, 2014, 11:13 AM   #8
Triple R
ninjette.org member

Name: D.Doan

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane liberty View Post
No one had the balls to send their forks out so I did it. He now has the means to do cartridges on the 250. I have the first set in my Ninja and I love them. Raced (And Won) at WERA during their Autoclub round last month.
Sounds good thanks for sharing! Is there anything I should know about the cartridges? I'll be contacting Zoran shortly.
Triple R is offline   Reply With Quote