ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Notices

Old August 1st, 2021, 11:35 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Nice evening Ride.

it can still be done even at my age ! tonight I went for a short ride and just enjoyed the heck out of it !.
I didn't want to go for a long ride as I had just got the Ninja back together and like to check to make sure nothing is falling off that I forgot....
but all seems good although I did notice a bit of a light noise coming from the lower right that I hadn't noticed before, doesn't mean anything just means I hadn't noticed it before <GRIN> kind'a a wrrrr sound, nothing crunchy just probably how the engine sounds when operating.
.... I went about 6 miles on a back country road being a conservative rider and just kind'a putting along... if that is the appropriate term for a Ninja... because they really don't putt... they want to roar ! .
once I had got to the freeway entrance on the old twisty road I got on the freeway to head back. I didn't spare the RPM I just let her rip and to my delight she didn't even quibble about it.... but by the time I was on the freeway
doing 70 at 8,500 to 9,000 RPM I found myself wanting to shift again...
( old habits die hard ) but I let her churn at those RPMS and there was no problem whatsoever... she flew low, especially for just a 250cc motor !
I think I will put on the larger front sprocket though, if nothing else to spread the lower gears out some ....
I put on all my new Riding gear and stuff just to give it a run and to my surprise it all worked great I had on my summer riding jacket (Mesh type)
and the mesh riding pants... and I have to admit I was a bit chilled by the time I got home the mesh really works good and keeping cool in the summer isn't going to be an issue anymore !
the only problem I did have was getting google maps to work on my phone...
I guess I have to put in a destination and then it will track the progress , not sure, but the Quad Lock mount worked flawlessly I highly recommend them!
I just have the universal mount stuck to the back of my smart phone's armored case and it holds it very solidly.
tomorrow I will check out the bike in great detail and give it a good check over ,.... I adjusted the chain and want to make sure it's not too tight.
also tomorrow the TT250 is supposed to arrive so that should be neat !
.... well, that's all I got !
good ride but mcdonalds was already closed when I got there so I gott'a go russell up some chow... HAHHAHAHA
Bob.......

Old August 2nd, 2021, 05:35 AM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I'm glad you had a good ride and the bike worked as designed. I'm not a fan of having a phone mounted where I can see it while riding though. I stop for that.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2021, 06:27 AM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes I am considering that as well... I was hoping I could get google maps to track my rides, just for S&G's to show the wife etc,etc.
but I think it is a distraction you don't need at all, while riding !
put the thing in a jacket pocket and not have to worry about loosing it is probably the best approach ! as it was, the screen blacked out due to inactivity and I rode in peace LOL....
the TT250 should arrive in a few hours, from 10:00 to 11:00am this morning
that will be the Kids bike but I am sure I'll take a few rides on it....
to me it's a real motorcycle , not some go-fast toy ! HAHAHAHAH...if anything
needs gearing it will be that Older style engine !
My bike... the good one, won't be in till the middle of September...
but it is destined to be at my door before october !
I am really looking forward to that...
Just got a call from the delivery guy, he'll be here in about an hour... I said come on !... so the TT250 should be here soon ! .... then I get to put the bark busters on it ! ...( LOL more work less riding ! HAHAHHAA)

later !
Bob........

Old August 2nd, 2021, 03:25 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/moved to ride reports

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote