ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 30th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #1
KELPHYN
ninjette.org guru

Name: Calvin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), 2013 300SE

Talking Mods, how did they help?

Okay I sure this has been discuss already but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. "Exactly how did the mods affect performance" Did they make a noticable difference or not? Did top speeds improve? I guess what I'm looking for is if there was any real noticable difference in the upper roll on range. Primarily from 140km to 160+. My bike is stock except for 15 tooth front sprocket. I know everyone talks about shimming and I know what that is. It's just my bike pulls cleanly to redline with no noticably flat spots and plugs show the proper colour, not lean not rich, so I don't know if shimming will do anything. I know quite afew of the members here have done this and was wondering if it was to cure flat spots or just a performance gain. Also did adding a pipe make that much of difference in top end roll on. I realize these are only 250's and it's not going to pull my arms out of their sockets, that's not what I was looking for when I picked this bike. Overall I am quite happy with the performance but a little extra passing power would be nice. Any response would be appreciated
KELPHYN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2009, 05:27 AM   #2
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Shimming the needles made the bike actually respond to twisting the throttle, especially when leaving from a stop. When I first rode the bike I was amazed that Kawasaki would sell a bike with throttle response this bad. I tried one, two and three washers and two performed the best. The following day, I drilled the slides and this made a bit of difference in how quick the bike initially responds to twisting the throttle. This is with a stock exhaust system, stock air filter and removed snorkel. The only other power mod I've done is red wheel stripes which add 5-6 rwhp. The other mods were just makin the bike suitable for going around corners.
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #3
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

the exhaust you choose may make a noticeable difference - the Area P full system has a very noticeable impact from the reports that I have seen - check out their website for the dynos and do a search on here to see folks responses... it also seems that replacing the CDI with a pre-gen model is having a nice effect as well.

Since you've been searching, you've probably already seen these threads, but just in case, since they're somewhat relevant and actually active right now:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=22910
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27207

Old August 30th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Somewhere around here was a chart of how each of the various needles/jets affect your bike's power band (ie, what's responsible for giving fuel to your bike at a particular RPM). Someone with a better memory could probably dig it up.

Old August 30th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #5
KELPHYN
ninjette.org guru

Name: Calvin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), 2013 300SE

Lightbulb

Thanks for the input so far. Guess I'm just trying to decide if it is really worth the $$ for a pipe and don't really want to mess with the jetting as it seems pretty spot on for the area that I ride, ei: starts easy, warms fairly quick depending on temperature, pulls descent from 4500rpm to redline. Just looking for that little more. Oh well, possibly a winter bike fever decission.
KELPHYN is offline   Reply With Quote