ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 28th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Name: Rigo

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

Need Help - Jetting Questions

my friend has a ninja 250r and he has a slip on exhaust will according to him it was running fine for a while then recently it started to misbehave....he says it doesnt run liek it used too..at the dealer they told him he needed to rejet..tahts cuz the ytold him he didnt have to when eh installed the slip-on...
now my question is now that he wants to rejet...which kit should he get..i reccomended teh stage 2 cuz its on sale ..is that fine? i already told him about shimming but he rather rejet to do things 100%.
thnks guys
Plasma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #2
kkim

does he even understand the difference between shimming and a jet kit?

if not, educate him by showing him this site. if he does, he'd shim it instead.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Plasma
ninjette.org member

sorta..i explained to him to the best of my ability.....
then he said what would be the best?......
i said best performance wise is a jetkit..best on your pocket wise is shimming and yes i sent him both DIY's
i told him shimming the needles would be like getting him 80% there with tuning and the jet kit would get him 100%....i tried to get him to just shim so he didnt spend the $$$.but he seems to not care about the $$..so hey its his bike...i jsut wanted to know if the stage two would be fine for the slip on ?

Old August 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #4
kkim

stage 2 kit from which company? put up a link to the specific kit and we can tell you if it's the appropriate one or not.

if he really wanted to do things 100%, he would have bought a full exhaust instead of a slip on. sounds to me like he just wants bragging rights to say he's got a jet kit in his bike.

Old August 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #5
JaeL
Bike Thrasher

Name: JaeL

Motorcycle(s): 2008 EX250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
stage 2 kit from which company? put up a link to the specific kit and we can tell you if it's the appropriate one or not.

if he really wanted to do things 100%, he would have bought a full exhaust instead of a slip on. sounds to me like he just wants bragging rights to say he's got a jet kit in his bike.

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...50R-Parts.aspx

lol well i guess money isnt an issue...and the dealer advised him to do it so....
go figure....

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #7
kkim

that will work if he intends to use the airbox.

Old August 28th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #8
istreefitty
sir posts a lot

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

kkim which jet kit would you recommend if one were to have a full exhaust with out the snorkle and the upgraded k&n air filter??? I was thinking about Dynojet but apparently you know better. thanks for any help
istreefitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #9
kkim

either would work. just make sure to buy the one that is designed for use with or w/o an airbox. I notice they now have kits for airbox and non airbox applications. The main difference between those kits are the size of the main jets they provide.

Between which brand to buy, they both will provide similar results. The fine tuning will make the real difference in the end. I went with Factory Pro, but others have had great results with Dynojet kits.

Take a look at the jetting database and see what others have used.