ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 17th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #1
gasguzziler
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250r

Help with wiring

So I dont have a working tach on my bike and well after making sure it was not the tach and the battery by replacing both of them I am at a loss. The only thing that I can find wrong with the bike is this wiring that I have pictured below. I am not sure if its wired how its supposed to be but to me it doesnt look even close. The rest of the bike seems to work just fine as all the lights and such work without a problem. Any thoughts?

gasguzziler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasguzziler View Post
...... Any thoughts?......
Do you know where those two wires go to?
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #3
gasguzziler
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Do you know where those two wires go to?
I am not sure, the wires just go into the wiring harness and at this point I really dont want to rip that apart. I did peel them back a little and the wire colors dont match on one of the wires, I am not sure if they just replaced this part and spliced in what they had or what. I have more pictures that could show this part a little better. It reminds me of an old starter solenoid on an old ford but I am new to these bikes so it could be anything...

Old May 19th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

So, the only thing not working is the tachometer?

Old May 19th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #5
gasguzziler
ninjette.org newbie

Yes the only thing not working is the teach. I have been trying to figure out why it's not working and this is the only thing that looked out of the ordinary. The battery was replaced shortly before I got the bike and I replaced the tach it's self but that did not fix anything.

Old May 19th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasguzziler View Post
Yes the only thing not working is the teach. I have been trying to figure out why it's not working and this is the only thing that looked out of the ordinary. The battery was replaced shortly before I got the bike and I replaced the tach it's self but that did not fix anything.
Don't know exactly how, but I believe that the tachometer works by receiving input information from the CDI, which means how many times per second the sparks jump.

Old May 21st, 2014, 10:57 AM   #7
gasguzziler
ninjette.org newbie

Hmm I just realized that the Neutral Position Indicator Lamp is also not working, from what I see that is on the same fuse as the tach but there are also a bunch of other things on that circuit that are working like water temp gauge, engine run/stop switch, and the ignition module. Its a mystery to me haha