ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Poor guy drops his bike in front of me

T intersection: I approach the stop sign about to make a left before the rider approaches his mark on my left. But he's traveling at a good speed and gets on the brakes hard. Guess he wasn't expecting anyone that early in the morning (6:30am) at that particular intersection.

He swerves to the right like he's about to make a right turn then quickly back left to stand the bike up but then falls on his left side.

I put the car in park and rush to his side and ask if he's okay which he replies yeah. I immediately notice the bike's an older Kawi 1000cc and recall how heavy these things are. We get the bike off it's side and proceed to push the bike but it's not going anywhere. He tries to start the bike but I'm thinking to myself, "Screw that!" I tell the guy in a gentle voice to pull the clutch in. It doesn't register in his brain. And that's expected...too much adrenaline and info to process. I tell the guy again, "Pull the clutch in." It finally registers in his brain, and we push the bike next to the curb. I asked the guy if he can put the kick stand down. Again, it doesn't register in his brain. I repeat myself again to which he says, "The kick stand is on your side." I forgot which side the kick stand was because all my bikes have the kickstand removed, and it's been awhile since I ridden the street.

I ask the guy again if he's okay and he replies, "I think I twisted my ankle". He tries to walk it off and looks like he'll be okay but before I leave I ask again if he's okay to which he answers, "Yeah, I'm okay." And sticks out his hand to shake. I shake his hand and notice he's got a mechanic's hand. And I leave for work.

Felt bad for the guy.

Moral of the story: Remember where the kickstand is, you dork!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Blackwidow
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I forgot which side the kick stand was because all my bikes have the kickstand removed, and it's been awhile since I ridden the street.
this may be a stupid question, BUT i'm gonna ask anyway...how the hell do you keep your bike from falling over while parked if there is no kick stand?

Old November 5th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #3
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
this may be a stupid question, BUT i'm gonna ask anyway...how the hell do you keep your bike from falling over while parked if there is no kick stand?
There's never a stupid question.

I use a rear stand like the PitBull rear stand to hold the bike upright. See pic below:

My bikes are prepped as race bikes and so the race organizations require that you remove the kicks stands on your race bikes.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #4
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Good story and good karma to you. I was glad folks stopped and helped me pick my bike up when I had my get-off. Sounds like you are lucky he didn't crash into you.

Oh, and btw, I like the paint scheme on your bike.

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Nemesis, Exceptionally nice Race Bike. I hope my 250 will look as good when I prepare it for track.

Old November 6th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Is that the Airtech Fiberglass body?

Looks nice.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
There's never a stupid question.

I use a rear stand like the PitBull rear stand to hold the bike upright. See pic below:

My bikes are prepped as race bikes and so the race organizations require that you remove the kicks stands on your race bikes.
Obviously, you need a second set of hands to do it.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote