Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Notices

Old July 28th, 2017, 04:33 PM   #1
$OUTHWORTH
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

2007 ninja 250 cafe style!!! FIRST BIKE BUILD

First off let me start off by saying hey everyone this is my first forum I've been on so sorry if I mess up loading the pictures!
I picked up this 2007 ninja 250 for $400 with 10,200 miles on it bc the guy couldn't get it started lol. Took it home and turned the fuel petcock to ON and jump started the battery and she fired right up!! And after about $350 and some days off from work she's complete!

Let me know what you think! As to this is my first build!
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4601.jpg (161.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4614.jpg (166.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4604.jpg (181.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4609.jpg (171.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4240.jpg (142.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4252.jpg (173.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4261.jpg (193.5 KB, 17 views)
$OUTHWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old July 28th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I assume the white version is the finished bike. It looks very nice. I have to think you've seen Chicobob's thread.

Welcome to the board, Josh!
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2017, 05:04 PM   #3
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Looks good, and welcome

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2017, 05:51 PM   #4
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Welcome!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2017, 07:47 PM   #5
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

Name: Tiago

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Triumph Speed Triple

Nice looking bike, what are you using for gauges?

Old July 28th, 2017, 07:59 PM   #6
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by $OUTHWORTH View Post
First off let me start off by saying hey everyone this is my first forum I've been on so sorry if I mess up loading the pictures!
I picked up this 2007 ninja 250 for $400 with 10,200 miles on it bc the guy couldn't get it started lol. Took it home and turned the fuel petcock to ON and jump started the battery and she fired right up!! And after about $350 and some days off from work she's complete!

Let me know what you think! As to this is my first build!
Thanks!
Very nice and you're very lucky. You can get a few bucks for that upper fairing to help offset the cost of the build.

Bill
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #7
$OUTHWORTH
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPelican View Post
Nice looking bike, what are you using for gauges?
Thanks every one! I'm using a cheap digital one I got off amazon and so far seems to be working great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4620.jpg (56.1 KB, 12 views)

Old August 2nd, 2017, 03:52 AM   #8
K.Lucas
wouldnt be here if it ran

Name: Kenton

Motorcycle(s): 04 ninja 250.....ish. Project

I got the same gauge for the build that I'm working on. Quick question, what did you tie into for the tach? The original tach ties into the black wire coming from the negative post on the LH coil (I think) is that what you used or did you plug your new tach into something else?

I haven't gotten that far in my build yet, and the installation instructions that come with these cheap gauges is awful.
K.Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #9
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
That looks awesome. You've got some skills. I'd love to have a pregen Ninja that looked like that.

I know it would take away from the minimalist look, but personally I'd want some mud guards on that thing to protect the grill and the down pipes.

Are you going to put any stickers or styling on the white paint?

Old August 7th, 2017, 09:22 AM   #10
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

I have to book mark and keep an eye on this thread. My 2001 will be home soon after a new top end job. If I decide to keep her I will copy that gauge since she has about 10mi on her new motor. Where did you get the headlight? I think I've found one but always willing to listen to other ideas. This might be my winter project. You didn't like black? And like Ram Jet said, sell that upper fairing. If its in good condition it's easily worth $200-$300. Plastics from 1986-2007 are worth crazy money. Any issues not having the front fender?

Here is the 2001 I am thinking about doing that with. New gauge and headlight are about all I need to make it official. Would like to paint the gas tank and eliminate the rear fender. Paid $100 for the bike and completely rebuilt it. Not a great pic but she has been in the shop so long I don't have many. I bought the side fairings off ebay. I liked the 80's Honda 3wheeler look they had about them. Believe they're off a 1998. Paid $100 for the tank on ebay as the one she had on her leaked very badly. $100 was lucky and cheap. In great condition but its spray painted. So definitely a must to paint it. Thankfully my best friend is a wonderful airbrush artist. Check him out. They just finished up a Silverado.
https://www.facebook.com/byardbrotherscycles/

Old August 9th, 2017, 06:46 AM   #11
$OUTHWORTH
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Lucas View Post
I got the same gauge for the build that I'm working on. Quick question, what did you tie into for the tach? The original tach ties into the black wire coming from the negative post on the LH coil (I think) is that what you used or did you plug your new tach into something else?

I haven't gotten that far in my build yet, and the installation instructions that come with these cheap gauges is awful.
If I can remember correctly that is the one I used. It took me a little while to get it straight I keep blowing fuses 😂 If you can find the wiring diagram for the bike and use in in conjunction with the little half way useful directions for the tach you'll be good! Wiring is not my strong point what so ever but I managed to get it after some trial and error lol

Old August 9th, 2017, 06:49 AM   #12
$OUTHWORTH
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
I have to book mark and keep an eye on this thread. My 2001 will be home soon after a new top end job. If I decide to keep her I will copy that gauge since she has about 10mi on her new motor. Where did you get the headlight? I think I've found one but always willing to listen to other ideas. This might be my winter project. You didn't like black? And like Ram Jet said, sell that upper fairing. If its in good condition it's easily worth $200-$300. Plastics from 1986-2007 are worth crazy money. Any issues not having the front fender?

Here is the 2001 I am thinking about doing that with. New gauge and headlight are about all I need to make it official. Would like to paint the gas tank and eliminate the rear fender. Paid $100 for the bike and completely rebuilt it. Not a great pic but she has been in the shop so long I don't have many. I bought the side fairings off ebay. I liked the 80's Honda 3wheeler look they had about them. Believe they're off a 1998. Paid $100 for the tank on ebay as the one she had on her leaked very badly. $100 was lucky and cheap. In great condition but its spray painted. So definitely a must to paint it. Thankfully my best friend is a wonderful airbrush artist. Check him out. They just finished up a Silverado.
https://www.facebook.com/byardbrotherscycles/
The headlight was a cheap amazon buy and it was junk had to end up retrofitting a regular H4 bulb into it so now it's good to go. I would go with any decent round light but check the reviews 😂 I wanted to do LED pods but decided against it as I done have access to making mounts.

Old August 9th, 2017, 06:50 AM   #13
$OUTHWORTH
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
That looks awesome. You've got some skills. I'd love to have a pregen Ninja that looked like that.

I know it would take away from the minimalist look, but personally I'd want some mud guards on that thing to protect the grill and the down pipes.

Are you going to put any stickers or styling on the white paint?
Thank you I appreciate it! It's my first real bike "build". I was thinking about adding some sort or gold design to the tank to set off the wheels more.

Old August 12th, 2017, 05:35 AM   #14
K.Lucas
wouldnt be here if it ran

Name: Kenton

Motorcycle(s): 04 ninja 250.....ish. Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by $OUTHWORTH View Post
If I can remember correctly that is the one I used. It took me a little while to get it straight I keep blowing fuses �� If you can find the wiring diagram for the bike and use in in conjunction with the little half way useful directions for the tach you'll be good! Wiring is not my strong point what so ever but I managed to get it after some trial and error lol
I couldn't get mine to read RPM while plugged into the ignition wiring, but after some more messing with it, I found that if I connect the Speedo's tach wire to the pickup coil wire I get good results. I read somewhere that these cheap speedo's can't handle the full 12 volts from the ignition system to read RPM and need a lower voltage (like that from the pickup coil).
K.Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote