ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old July 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #1
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6, 08 250R

Don't order from Bikebolts.com

Ordered 7/7. Got tracking number that never shipped anywhere, eventually it shipped but somewhere nowhere near my house. Eventually convinced them to send another set, which took 7 more days to get here even though it was shipped USPS priority (1-3 business days). Never answered their phone, usually took 2-3 days to answer emails, refused to refund my money. Over all it took 19 days to receive my bolt kit!

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #2
jp129
ninjette.org member

Name: Johnny

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Sorry to hear about your experience. Have you ordered from them before? I thought I saw good reviews about them.
jp129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #3
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

First order from them. The reviews on their website are really old, and I think I saw good reviews elsewhere, which is why I decided to share my recent bad experience. I've ordered various auto and motorcycle parts from many places over the years and very few could match the lack of communication, slow shipping, and uncaring staff of bikebolts. Lucky for me I used Paypal for the transaction and was able to light a fire under them by sumbitting a claim. They have also just offered to refund my shipping.

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Kangxi
OMRRA 701

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 'jette, R6

saweet. companies - especially small companies - have to be very, very careful about cheezing off any one part of their small customer base.
Kangxi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #5
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

That must be why after some emailing (quick responses today for some reason) they refunded the full purchase price to prove that they value their customers, even though they blame it all on USPS. I guess instead of "stay away" I should say "be cautious but in the end, good people."

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
what did you buy from them?

Old July 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #7
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): Bunch of em

So who's fault was it that it was shipped to another address?

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #8
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

I bought a full bolt kit for my g/f's 250r. The tracking numbers they sent me had the right addresses on them but appeared as "electronic shipping info received" on USPS tracking side but never actually got shipped. Eventually the first tracking number must have gotten recycled back into the system and used for something else because it ended up close by to where bikebolts.com is located.

Old July 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #9
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): Bunch of em

OK, so it sounds like USPS screwed up. Then why are you coming down on Bikebolts? It sounds like you should have made a claim with USPS, unless I'm misunderstanding? Bikebolts sounds like they went above and beyond to ship you a replacement order, when they did nothing wrong?

Old July 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #10
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

Electronic Information received means that the seller paid for shipping online through usps.com.

Then they are supposed to drop it off in a mailbox or bring it in to a post office. Tracking will update as the package gets scanned at specific locations.

Tracking numbers don't usually get recycled.
iplante is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #11
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

Right so I assume that the first box they paid for the label online, sent me the tracking info then never actually dropped anything off to ship at USPS. By that time a week later when I started asking questions they used that label for something else not to me which I clearly see on the tracking info. Second box they paid for label online again, and again didn't drop anything off until another week later when I started asking questions, they finally got it out. You can clearly see 5 days between the "electronic shipping info received" and "accepted at facility" phases. If a seller has a snag or goes on vacation then fine, let me know, I'm a reasonable person. But when a seller has poor communication and leaves you in the dark for 20 days after giving them money?!? Either way, the bolt kit looks good and is separated out and labeled very nicely, and they redeemed themselves by sending a refund. Just not a great way to run a small business.

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #12
yblaser
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Just another data point... I ordered a set of fairing fasteners from them in June and had no problems with delivery. I wasn't in an urgent need so I don't recall the exact number of days it took for delivery, but I think it was about a week at most.
yblaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #13
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

blackoutt, that's not unusual.

Some shops will get all their packages ready to mail and then do one trip to the post office a week, or two. If they don't have that many orders they can't justify going to the PO every day.

I'm not excusing them for the length of time it took or the poor communications, I'm just explaining some parts of the equation.
iplante is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #14
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

Just sharing my experience.