ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old February 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #1
walera
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Wale

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Need some help guys...

Hey peeps, need a lil help here.
I was out riding today and got caught out in the rain. In order to beat traffic i took some back roads home. Unfortunately, these roads were either flooded or very muddy. Long story short, my bike wash a mess by the time i got home. Now my radiator fan doesn't come on anymore and i see and smell smoke coming from where the radiator is. The smoke comes up just about the time my rad fan usually kicks in. Lagos is very hot, all i need to do is ride round the house and the fan kicks in but now it doesn't. I need a first point of attack, should i check the fuses or strip the fairings off and see what's goin on underneath.
Pls help guys.....cheers
walera is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #2
kkim

check to see that the fan is not being jammed from debris that may have become lodged between the fan and radiator/housing. it's happened before. can you freely turn the fan by hand?

if so, the next thing I would check is to see if the fan is still operational by applying 12v directly to the fan to see if it runs when power is applied.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #3
walera
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Wale

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Thanks Kkim. You were right. All i had to do was spin the fan blades a couple of times and that solved to problem. Man, you're Godsent. Now that the fairings are off i'll just give it a nice scrub down. Cheers
walera is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #4
kkim

Glad it was an easy fix.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #5
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

i had a pebble jam my fan up and it burnt the fuse, but not before totaling the fan the dealer tried changing out the fuse three times before giving up.

i was lucky enough that the bike was still under warranty (happened just a month or so after i got the bike) and they changed the fan out for a new one free of charge.

really hope its something that happens once in a lifetime, ha ha