ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

3rd times the charm.

As anyone in the Phoenix metro area and the Tucson area will attest to, our weather lately has been what we call normal, but some would call dreadfull at best.
The afternoons have been around 110 to 114 degrees, and with atgatt, we tend to get a little uncomfortable, but manage. The last two days have been the usual storm patterns for us, 65% humidity and record heat, its what happens after dark that makes it fun to ride here.

Around 10 pm, the winds pick up and the dust begins to blow in, making visibility very short, and at the same time, somewhere in the valley it is raining so hard, the streets flood because the ground can't soak it up fast enough along with really wonderful lightning storms. Riding home down the 202 freeway was fun too, I had to lean the bike a little just to keep it upright during the windstorm.

As I said, this is the third night in a row for this, and since I have missed being rained on twice, I anticipate getting totally hosed tonight on the ride home. Its a good thing i have my gear setup for the heat, full-face helmet for the dust and rain, and the mesh for the heat keeps me running cool, except for the stop lights.
Little Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 14th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Sounds like fun!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #3
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

Reminds me of the scene from MI:4.
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote