ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old December 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM   #1
diablo250
Crafty Salesman....

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r, 06 sv650sf

ACH is reopened

I just went up to check out Angeles Crest highway today and it's looking good. Asphalt looks new, although there is some small debris/large rocks in the road. I couldn't help but notice the ice signs on my way up, and sure enough, just past the 5000ft elevation sign I came upon snow. I didn't get all the way up to Newcomb's ranch because I was freezing my bum off. Socal 250's, lets get up to newcombs for some eats soon.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:31 AM   #2
fjyang
ninjette.org member

Name: Frank

Motorcycle(s): 87 Ninja 250, 90 Ninja ZX750R, GPZ 900r, 02 Moto Guzzi LeMans, 95 Triumph Speed Triple

Thanks Mike! for checking, I think its about time they reopen that hwy. After all the rumors its official I guess and we better layer our cloth for the weather. Got my battery already so lets ride!
fjyang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

I've never ridden it... I'd be up for a nice cruise
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:37 PM   #4
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Just my luck, I have to leave and they reopen ACH.
But I did get to do a few of the other kewl rides in the area.

But I hate not being able to ride ACH just once more.
But it is like Lays chips, can't have just one.

nb

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:14 AM   #5
craha
ninjetter

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Hi all, great news! Can't wait.

I actually tried on the 22nd and unfortunately got turned away by heavy police and firefighter presence. Turns out that was the day two SUVs went up in flames in that area, two separate events. Saw it later on the news. Terrible accidents but not connected to ACH, they were on the 210. One right under the overpass.

At any rate, I've been itching to ride up there since the fires and will definitely give it a shot this weekend. Thanks for the info!
craha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Jester
ninjette.org member

Name: Vincent

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Be careful, it's cold and as diablo said, there's already snow. I have already been told of a rider high-siding last weekend due to what I can only guess was road and tire temperature. His bike was ran over by oncoming traffic but he was okay.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote