Old January 24th, 2016, 03:10 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcyclistonline] - MotoGP Legend Nicky Hayden, By the Numbers

©Motorcyclist

2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden

After 13 of GP racing, Nicky Hayden is off to the World Superbike Championship for the 2016 season.

©Motorcyclist

Nicky Hayden: MotoGP Legend

“It is really is a great honor to receive this. I do not take it lightly. I know there are people in this club with more illustrious careers and who have obviously won more than me, but regardless I got in there! I am very happy.”

As the final round of the MotoGP season kicked off in Valencia, Spain, 2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden was inducted into the World Championship Hall of Fame as the 22nd MotoGP Legend. Said the Kentucky native after 13 years of GP racing, “It is really is a great honor to receive this. I do not take it lightly. I know there are people in this club with more illustrious careers and who have obviously won more than me, but regardless I got in there! I am very happy.” Ever the consummate professional, he added, “I’d just like to thank everybody who has supported me through it all, my teams, and my family. I appreciate it all.” Nicky Hayden is off to the World Superbike Championship for the 2016 season.

Nicky by the Numbers:

The Kentucky Kid’s MotoGP Record
* Appearances: 216
* Podiums: 28
* Fastest Laps: 7
* Pole Positions: 5
* Wins: 3
* World Championships: 1

©Motorcyclist

List of Legends

Nicky has good company in the MotoGP hall of fame.

Click here for full story...