Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old August 13th, 2020, 03:38 AM   #1
Kev
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250

Cool Jacket for Very Hot Weather

Hi, I've been living and working in Malaysia for a few yrs and have just gotten back to biking after a 25yr hiatus.
Its damn hot here and its damn humid here. Looking for recommendations for a cool (lightweight?) jacket. I'm not a fast rider, but slowly getting faster as I get used to the bike and hence want something a bit more substantial than a t-shirt which is what most of the locals wear. Thanks in advance.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2020, 02:55 PM   #2
Kuya EZ
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 / 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 / 2006 Yamaha R6 (track bike) / 2014 Ducati 1199s

There's a few companies out there like Alpinestars that make perforated leather jackets or check out Joe Rocket's 5.0 Jacket textile mesh jacket. I only wear leathers but avoid riding when it's 100+ degrees outside. I'm not sure what type of jacket would be good for real humid climate though? How's the humidity out there?
Kuya EZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2020, 05:00 PM   #3
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Research iXS brand, their model "Andover" mesh/textile/armor.
Warning they do run on the small side...order next size up over your norm.

I too refuse to ride in heat while vulnerable in a T shirt...this a decent, affordable summer jacket . It breathes, offers protection, the usual convenient pockets, zips. May fill your specific needs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ixs andover.jpg (6.4 KB, 68 views)
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2020, 03:27 PM   #4
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

I am not sure how warm it gets there. I used my Alpinestar Viper V2 Air in up to 36C here. Our summers are rather humid too as we have huge lakes around us but probably not as humid as in the tropics. In city traffic it feels ok. I find the key thing is to use perforated back armor so the air can move through the back.
I has 3 external pockets and two internal. One internal pocket is waterproof where I keep my papers. It also comes with a liner that I start putting in when it gets down to 20C

I see lots of bikers riding in t-shirt here wen it gets to the 30rties but having that jacket I personally see no point of doing that.
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2020, 07:48 PM   #5
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Try kangaroo for lighter and cooler riding!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2021, 12:56 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I'm sorry I don't recall the name of my "Summer jacket" but it was a cheap armored jacket i found on Amazon for $65.00 and it's been great ...it's a Mesh
jacket... ah the wife said it's a "wicked stock" jacket ! ( what would I do without her ?) anyway for hot weather riding the Mesh stuff is great ! and it's got padding in it too ! I got a pare of riding pants as well and their like wearing cut off's the wind goes through them very well.
.... no need to go real expensive I think, as these things look very sturdy !
hope that helps
Bob......

Old August 4th, 2021, 05:27 PM   #7
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Any good mesh textile jacket will do, I personally have Fieldsheer Congo mesh textile, I go also have a perforated leather jacket, on hot day I go textile, and wear Under Armour long sleeve compression shirt.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2021, 06:07 AM   #8
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

Here in South Florida is just hot and hotter, and humid and more humid.

I ride with a white perforated leather jacket from AlpineStars.
I also wear the Heat Out base layers from Cycle Gear. It makes a lot of difference.
https://www.cyclegear.com/heat-out
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2021, 06:17 AM   #9
archercc
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): MV F4, Guzzi Griso, Ducati 848 Corse, Ninja 300SE ABS

tech shirts and mesh jackets for me if Im just cruising around, a perforated leather jacket if I am going into the mountains.

Once you decide on those hunt and hunt until you find the right LIGHT COLOR gear like ducatiman posted. I was dumb/lazy in the beginning and got whatever I could get, which was black. That SOAKS up the sun and gets horribly hot. NO BLACK, even though white will look dingy eventually its going to be 15 degrees cooler in direct sun.
archercc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2021, 06:01 AM   #10
TonyLambert
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): As of now, None but had bmw 100rr 2016 and the Vulcan 650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Hi, I've been living and working in Malaysia for a few yrs and have just gotten back to biking after a 25yr hiatus.
Its damn hot here and its damn humid here. Looking for recommendations for a cool (lightweight?) jacket. I'm not a fast rider, but slowly getting faster as I get used to the bike and hence want something a bit more substantial than a t-shirt which is what most of the locals wear. Thanks in advance.
Suggest you go with Mesh Jackets. They are lighter in weight and it has the best air-flow vents. For in-city rides in summers, I personally use Ironside Red Jacket that I had ordered it from viking cycle 5 months ago. I'm pretty satisfied with the quality of their products.
TonyLambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2021, 09:42 AM   #11
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

My favorite by far is the Klim Baja S4.
Chicagobob is offline   Reply With Quote